IGNORED

Was not releasing with CD at launch the biggest mistake Atari made with the Jaguar?

Leeroy ST

12 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

You're comparing apples to oranges. Platforms that have exponentially more fans around them than something like the Jaguar. Those minis may have been misguided in some ways, but they still had access to more game content that people want to play and actually know of than anything that can appear on the Jaguar from still well-established companies. 

And I'm not against the idea of a Jaguar Mini, it's just wildly impractical. If anything, I'm simply against the idea of pursuing something like that when there's clearly such a significant misunderstanding or willful ignorance of the basics to make something like that actually happen. It just doesn't make sense.

It dont need to make sense to you then. I have a dream, will and resources to do it, both facility wise, legal wise and money wise to do so. Free will huh...its something. Here is 1 reason, simply for the fact that 20 great cart games plus 5 bonus of Atari ecosystem games in a mini would leave a cool legacy instead of avgn ? toilet seat version of it. Which public goes by since early youtube days to now. It had great games and was last of company real systems like dreamcast. Yes apples to oranges...whatever it takes. Right because astro city arcade was so huge in ?? huh. Ok. ?? Retro gamers demanded a pinky size gg micro in the streets. And etc. If I can show a model of it and get backing, even if just sold on this site via deal with shells, I guarantee it'll sell 1,000 units quick. Just because of its avgn ? legacy but our ? legacy of it too. Its called a curiosity, which leads to sales. How much in sales does your company make ? right now btw? More than mine? I think not. But if so, ? I'll like it. Again negativity bounces off me. LOA

Edited by ataritiger

6 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

It dont need to make sense to you then. I have a dream, will and resources to do it, both facility wise, legal wise and money wise to do so. Free will huh...its something. Here is 1 reason, simply for the fact that 20 great cart games plus 5 bonus of Atari ecosystem games in a mini would leave a cool legacy instead of avgn ? toilet seat version of it. Which public goes by since early youtube days to now. It had great games and was last of company real systems like dreamcast. Yes apples to oranges...whatever it takes. Right because astro city arcade was so huge in ?? huh. Ok. ?? Retro gamers demanded a pinky size gg micro in the streets. And etc. 

Atari doesn't even have rights to 20 total Jaguar games and you won't be able to get the licenses to the other games you somehow think you will. Jaguar emulation is also not exactly perfected and there are potential issues with commercial use of certain emulators and/or front-ends, so add software development to the already high costs of licensing and hardware development. No major retailer would even think about carrying such a system and you'll be fighting against the platform's own reputation, especially since you won't be able to get any of the recognizable game names on there. And then there's the controllers and any number of other issues that make a low production run system like this absolutely impractical. But please, prove us all wrong. I'm rooting for you. Really.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gummy Bear said:

Just need that elusive ability-wise and you're all set! 

Go get 'em champ! 

I have the ability to make 1/4 shells. Pcb is somebody else maybe krikkz in Ukraine. Roms my and shell copyright ownage my lawyer is going through. Don't see Bill as legal shell owner.

6 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Atari doesn't even have rights to 20 total Jaguar games and you won't be able to get the licenses to the other games you somehow think you will. Jaguar emulation is also not exactly perfected and there are potential issues with commercial use of certain emulators and/or front-ends, so add software development to the already high costs of licensing and hardware development. No major retailer would even think about carrying such a system and you'll be fighting against the platform's own reputation, especially since you won't be able to get any of the recognizable game names on there. And then there's the controllers and any number of other issues that make a low production run system like this absolutely impractical. But please, prove us all wrong. I'm rooting for you. Really.

I did that all my life. Again Bill, my lawyer doesn't see your legal name as shell owner only a avatar name which i can't find in search here, who owns shells here? I'm ready to produce them after metal cast measurements this weekend and the plastic is ready. 

Edited by ataritiger

Once a company is liquidated and game basically public domain, a license fee can be cheap. You think Microsoft would royality a big amount for id soft wold 3d? You think sega paid 100,000 or million for Disney to help add mickey mouse game or capcom demanded 200,000 bucks for sf2 on Sega mini?

Edited by ataritiger

12 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Atari doesn't even have rights to 20 total Jaguar games and you won't be able to get the licenses to the other games you...

Either does vcs guy yet I see all kind of 2600 company games there. Hmmm. I dont need retailers like tg16 mini didnt they were mostly online sold. 

3 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Once a company is liquidated and game basically public domain, a license fee can be cheap. You think Microsoft would royality a big amount for id soft wold 3d? You think sega paid 100,000 or million for Disney to help add mickey mouse game or capcom demanded 200,000 bucks for sf2 on Sega mini?

You making these types of statements says all we need to know. Good luck.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

You making these types of statements says all we need to know. Good luck.

How much did sega pay Disney? Dont know do ya? How much did sega pay capcom? How many units of avp were sold bill. How much profit your company making bill? Ok that says all I need to know. Your shirt says armchair...mine dont ?. And thats about as low as I will go bill,  just a joke and serious questions...I keep my eye on a positive road for loa. 

Edited by ataritiger

3 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

This will be my last comment on this, 

Really ? 

Bill and others, I'm going to do this no matter what you say. Ima ? ok. I can't try...ok. But I'm pursuing it. I just need atari age member shell owner contact for step # 1. I contacted 2 motherboard and emu softwarw people already. 

Edited by ataritiger

1 hour ago, ataritiger said:

Amen agent x. Im shocked jaguar could even run polygons at 15 to 30 fps but they wanted textured that bogged it to 9 to 14 ooofffff?

Moving texture date in & out of the GPU’s limited cache space ate up a lot of bandwidth & time, which hurt the frame rate. (My understanding; I’m not really a programmer, so take this with a grain of salt.)

30 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Really ? 

Bill and others, I'm going to do this no matter what you say. Ima ? ok. I can't try...ok. But I'm pursuing it. I just need atari age member shell owner contact for step # 1. I contacted 2 motherboard and emu softwarw people already. 

Wow - who knew with just making 3 phone calls a console was born.  Why did nuTari have so much trouble getting the VCS out in 3 years I wonder?

Too bad Kinko's is no longer around, you could start getting the manuals and boxes printed and maybe even score an exclusive Knight Rider game while you're making those contacts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ataritiger said:

It dont need to make sense to you then. I have a dream, will and resources to do it, both facility wise, legal wise and money wise to do so. Free will huh...its something. Here is 1 reason, simply for the fact that 20 great cart games plus 5 bonus of Atari ecosystem games in a mini would leave a cool legacy instead of avgn ? toilet seat version of it. Which public goes by since early youtube days to now. It had great games and was last of company real systems like dreamcast. Yes apples to oranges...whatever it takes. Right because astro city arcade was so huge in ?? huh. Ok. ?? Retro gamers demanded a pinky size gg micro in the streets. And etc. If I can show a model of it and get backing, even if just sold on this site via deal with shells, I guarantee it'll sell 1,000 units quick. Just because of its avgn ? legacy but our ? legacy of it too. Its called a curiosity, which leads to sales. How much in sales does your company make ? right now btw? More than mine? I think not. But if so, ? I'll like it. Again negativity bounces off me. LOA

Where do we find these people? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pacman000 said:

Moving texture date in & out of the GPU’s limited cache space ate up a lot of bandwidth & time, which hurt the frame rate. (My understanding; I’m not really a programmer, so take this with a grain of salt.)

Thank you. How much can non texture polygon jaguar game do same as svp genesis virtua racing and how much fps?

Well what is extra textured fightforlife and checkered flag polygon count and fps?

This says avg 16 fps and internet says 1000s of polygons, polygons well regular aren't problem maybe 5k but textured and fps hurt jag

https://www.justgamesretro.com/jaguar/checkered-flag

"

Edited by ataritiger

2 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Well what is extra textured fightforlife and checkered flag polygon count and fps? 

Its a number that tells you how many polygons it has, and another number that tells you how many frames it draws the screen every second.

1 minute ago, CyranoJ said:

Its a number that tells you how many polygons it has, and another number that tells you how many frames it draws the screen every second.

Right checkered flag avg 16 fps at 1 to 5k polygon count. Not horrible checkered flag looks cool imo its just even steer fix rom ain't perfect and it sucks it can't do 30 or even 24fps with reg poly...so I'm guessing fightforlife was 9 to 10 fps with texture

Regarding demand, I think consoles sold originally is irrelevant. Thoroughly anecdotal, but I have coupla  friends who would buy a mini Jag, as would I. The console’s legacy has grown over decades, and prices are through roof. (Typed as fellow who picked wrong time to procure the 23 original-release carts I lacked. Down to Atari Karts and NBA Jam, plus a box for Rayman.)

• Like 2