TheMajorHavoc

Doom The 2600 demake

Posted (edited)

Doom 2600 WIP demo

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68

DOOM2600_Bk_techdemo_072221.bin

***I saw a few videos out there of the game, but the refresh rate is off and frames are dropped.
I am using a 20hz flicker technique that capture devices don't like apparently. Here's a quick low quality video with no sound

image.thumb.png.4d01deae3aea4fa7d249823417e9cdae.png

The basic Doom storyline...

The Player assumes the role of a space marine, popularly known as Doomguy, fighting his way through hordes of invading demons from Hell.

3 animated enemy types -cacodemons, Bulldog demons (Pinkies!) and Imps.

enemies are set to roam but will not aggro. they will respawn

Door and key logic started but finished - can't collect the 1 key, but door logic is functional  - only 1 door in this demo.

still no  health /  ammo  logic yet .

Somethings I want to add:

Tune the aggression level on the AI (it's off in the demo)
    3 types of keys / doors
    exit
    at least 2 more weapons
    ammo
    facial expressions
    BOSS

Left/Right to rotate view (4 directions)

up/down to move

fire  to shoot

I hope it displays well on your setup. Looks pretty good on CRT's! :)

Edited by TheMajorHavoc
  • Like 11

Wow, super impressed. I would play this all day. I'm a huge fan of the original doom and love the progress so far.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

wow my guy, you are doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  just tried on my computer i cant really see whats happening to well but will load on harmony cart regular//six-switch vcs soon......hope it works?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

In my experience, If the Harmony menu displays correctly on your flatscreen TV, it should work great.  CRT for the win

Let me know how it goes :)

Edited by TheMajorHavoc
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

You know I'm gettin this on cart

Edited by sn8k
Wrong demo

12 minutes ago, Arenafoot said:

"Havok"??? 

Its old. It will be fixed.

• Haha 1

Yeah I messed up...... that demo was old... I didnt know the old demo was attached to that label i tried posting.

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys!  A good bit of work left to do.

Please also check out my finished "port" of Alien vs Predator.

I should have posted it in this forum originally but it is wrongly resting in the hacks section:

Edited by TheMajorHavoc
  • Like 2

Hey guys just wanted to let you know this project will continue as soon in as I get time.

I am in the devastation area from Hurricane Ida and going on day 12 without power. On top of that, my wife and I have contracted Covid :(. I am in day 5 and battling fever every day. She is handling it a lot better than me and hasn't run any. 

• Sad 3

Take all the time you need and take care of yourself and the family.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dealing with COVID and the damage from Ida are far more important right now.  I hope things get better soon for you.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 4:50 PM, TheMajorHavoc said:

Hey guys just wanted to let you know this project will continue as soon in as I get time.

I am in the devastation area from Hurricane Ida and going on day 12 without power. On top of that, my wife and I have contracted Covid :(. I am in day 5 and battling fever every day. She is handling it a lot better than me and hasn't run any. 

9 days without power and a week in a Red Cross shelter for me for Hurricane Ida. Hoping you get your power soon!

On 9/11/2021 at 2:50 PM, TheMajorHavoc said:

Are you okay? It's been a month since you last posted, so I just wanted to check in on you and make sure that you're alright now and survived everything. Even though we've never met, I'm still concerned for you, as nobody deserves to have to deal with both of those things at the same time. Hope everything has gotten better since then!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bubbabyte said:

Are you okay? It's been a month since you last posted, so I just wanted to check in on you and make sure that you're alright now and survived everything. Even though we've never met, I'm still concerned for you, as nobody deserves to have to deal with both of those things at the same time. Hope everything has gotten better since then!

Hey I appreciate that man .

I have been extremely busy with work even before I got through Covid.

I handle IT infrastructure across multiple sites that got destroyed from the storm.

Regarding Doom 2600,  I am "slowly" writing a routine to handle the display of items & doors.

• Like 3