IGNORED

Ninjish Guy 7800 - perilous island (wip)

vhzc

You are much better at it than I am. I have thus far been unable to pass the gorilla boss since jr was added to it. The play through I counted that I hit the gorilla about 6 times but he did not go down. Does the hit counter against the bosses reset if you die during the fight? It didn't seem to do that on the Moth boss at the beginning? But yeah... that is as far as I've been able to get now since Jr was added to that mix. Guess my talk earlier about that being a much too easy battle really went to heart ehh?

So yeah... sorry but I rage quit it after getting that far for the 3rd time in a row and still loosing all of my lives on that boss not being able to get past it.

1 hour ago, Trebor said:

While playing through, ran across something going on with this board:

NG_Invis.PNG.12c833a857ec06a208f4ad0d44815605.PNG

The droppings don't kill Ninjish Guy, and there's an 'invisible' object that cannot be walked passed.  However, Ninjish Guy can jump on top of it (the droppings pass through the 'invisible' object too):

*EDIT:  Evidently, it is a pair of 'invisible' objects.  Same thing happens on the right-hand side of the screen as well, that was captured above from the left-hand side.  Also, the droppings are not having an effect on the other screens either.

Thanks for report the bug. I made a huge change under the hood to optimize the flow of code and apparently messed up that screen. I will correct it in the next build.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

You are much better at it than I am. I have thus far been unable to pass the gorilla boss since jr was added to it. The play through I counted that I hit the gorilla about 6 times but he did not go down. Does the hit counter against the bosses reset if you die during the fight? It didn't seem to do that on the Moth boss at the beginning? But yeah... that is as far as I've been able to get now since Jr was added to that mix. Guess my talk earlier about that being a much too easy battle really went to heart ehh?

So yeah... sorry but I rage quit it after getting that far for the 3rd time in a row and still loosing all of my lives on that boss not being able to get past it.

Hi.

Enemy HP doesn't reset. Stubborn Gorilla has 10hp. Jr's shield make him invulnerable so don't waste shurikens on him.

Edited by vhzc

1 minute ago, vhzc said:

Hi.

Enemy HP doesn't reset. Stubborn Gorilla has 10hp. Jr's shield make him invulnerable so no waste shurikens on him.

Oh I know that... I don't both with Jr other than to avoid the reflected shots. But I must have been "this" close to defeating him on my last play attempt. Well, I don't really feel up to currently but I'm sure I will give it another shot in the not too distant future.

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I have thus far been unable to pass the gorilla boss since jr was added to it.

Trying sticking to the right hand side, staying under/near the big guy. 

You'll completely avoid the big guy's shot and wait to see where junior's deflection is heading. 

When a platform appears, take the shot against the big guy (if clear), and then retreat to the right-hand side and repeat.

That was how I got past that section before jr was added. The problem now is that it seems the platforms always appear just as the big guy goes to launch or right as jr is reflecting the shot and they pretty much go into the path of the platforms so I don't get much of a chance to actually try and get a shot on him. The moth dude still gives me issue and most seem to think he is dead easy. I can't seem to time launching those balls at him right and he always corners me where I can't get out of the way. So even the moth boss takes about 3 lives on average. I always fill before and after the fight with him. The purple bouncing ball is no problem as he moves as the same speed so I know when to fire in his direction and basically hit him while on the other side of the screen along the bottom.

9 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

The moth dude still gives me issue and most seem to think he is dead easy. I can't seem to time launching those balls at him right and he always corners me where I can't get out of the way.

In the corners, if you duck, moth dude won't touch you.  Only if you're standing, then he will kill you.

1 minute ago, Trebor said:

In the corners, if you duck, moth dude won't touch you.  Only if you're standing, then he will kill you.

I really wish that were true. I'm going through my footage now but the moth dude on more than once occasion seems to land squarely in the corner taking me out regardless. It seems to happen more when I miss him a lot versus actually hitting him as that alters his path when you can hit him. But yeah, miss him and the corners are death traps after a few passes it seems?

10 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I really wish that were true. I'm going through my footage now but the moth dude on more than once occasion seems to land squarely in the corner taking me out regardless. 

Are you sure you're playing the latest version?  Early versions moth dude would get you in the corners, ducking or not. 

The challenge was tweaked so that the ducking technique works.

*EDIT:  I take it back.  I just tried it again, and if I stay in the one corner and just duck, on the fourth time he hits even while I am ducking.  Typically, when I play, I am not in the same corner for more than two passes.  Guess my timing and hit rates have been lucky. 

13 minutes ago, Trebor said:

Are you sure you're playing the latest version?  Early versions moth dude would get you in the corners, ducking or not. 

The challenge was tweaked so that the ducking technique works.

*EDIT:  I take it back.  I just tried it again, and if I stay in the one corner and just duck, on the fourth time he hits even while I am ducking.  Typically, when I play, I am not in the same corner for more than two passes.  Guess my timing and hit rates have been lucky. 

Yes I'm playing the latest version. In fact it was his recent release that was the first time I've tried to play it on actual hardware again in some time as I was just using A7800 prior to this. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Albert posted this at Discord:

Vladimir told me he had a flood at his place last week, but only noticed the damage to his retro gaming area a few days ago. He lost source code to many of his games, including the two games in development where he posted "PROJECT CANCELLED". He's going to take a hiatus, as that's a big loss for him (understandably). He did give me permission to post this.

:( 

• Sad 8