IGNORED

Ninjish Guy 7800 - perilous island (wip)

vhzc

Oh, that's not Donkey Kong.. It's Bongo.. In a jungle, throwing bouncing coconuts, no less. :D

Great update, Vlad!  Always love the bitter-sweet "End Of Demo" feeling received after reaching that spot with each Demo released.

Sweet to have achieved it.  Bitter because I want more. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Every Rose Has Its Thorn(s).

As soon as I hit that net, thought spider-time.. and I was not disappointed.

Updates to Mothra... and the mini-Mothras (and their droppings) are fantastic!

Power Gem gets more usage..

But my absolute favorite thing is Attack of the Killer Tomatoes..  now we know their *true* origin story. ;)

Awesome update! :)

• Like 2

I liked what I played through last night. But I think the difficulty on the first boss is a might too high while the difficulty on the two following it is way too easy. 

The issue with the first boss is mainly the size of it. The way it moves on the screen, you can easily get caught and have no way to escape him and loose a life. First game I played of it last night, I lose all of my lives on just that first boss. Second game, I was down to my last life before I defeated him.

The Gorilla boss needs to be made more difficult by not allowing that safe zone under him. His balls or rocks or whatever it is he is tossing at you need to come out including that area under him somehow. It is too easy to stay under him and wait for the two closest platforms to take shots at him.

The Rose boss I was able to take out quickly with just rapid fire of the Shurikens similar to the second boss.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I liked what I played through last night. But I think the difficulty on the first boss is a might too high while the difficulty on the two following it is way too easy. 

The issue with the first boss is mainly the size of it. The way it moves on the screen, you can easily get caught and have no way to escape him and loose a life. First game I played of it last night, I lose all of my lives on just that first boss. Second game, I was down to my last life before I defeated him.

The Gorilla boss needs to be made more difficult by not allowing that safe zone under him. His balls or rocks or whatever it is he is tossing at you need to come out including that area under him somehow. It is too easy to stay under him and wait for the two closest platforms to take shots at him.

The Rose boss I was able to take out quickly with just rapid fire of the Shurikens similar to the second boss.

i do not agree....The 1st boss was easy for me.

The 2nd boss,i thought to be heavy to beat.

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Ninjish Guy Perilous Island on tomorrow's (Fri Aug 27, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day!

Games:
 (SET TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great job, Vlad.. the update is wonderful!

image.png.6694962be1101b970d4c71dd152a6df4.png

Bosses feel more even balanced across the spectrum.  What I really love is the attention to detail and the 'finer' accuracy of things. 

Take this for example:

NGUYFISH.PNG.0d2693c68da4434c1a76328312574d65.PNG

When Ninjish Guy enters a board with the flying piranha fish, if remained perfectly still, the fish flies precisely over Ninjish Guy with the very tip of the bottom fin neatly matching the indent on the upper left hand side of Ninjish Guy.

No helmet this time around for the swimming ability, though the AIR factor is a beautiful thing.  The timer is really in a sweet spot where I don't feel a crushing need for immediate air too often, but simultaneous cannot be ignored either.  The aforementioned factors nicely against the bone fish and his green shrimp/slime attacks.  Felt a tad bit of a somewhat homage perhaps to Tower Toppler's bonus level shrimps.  I enjoyed that battle.

So, I guess we now have Congo Bongo Jr., or just Bongo Jr., either way it definitely is a welcomed addition to upping the ante with the challenge against the big ape there.  Ditto with thorny rose providing only 5 at a time as replenishment.  It too brought just a little more challenge to the battle.

Purple Spinball with a little 'middle danger' is a great modification too.  Felt a little like a mix of Sonic combining with the Werewolf boss of Castlevania lore, as far as attack pattern.

As has been a staple, the backtracking never feels like a chore, but truly a welcomed task and adventure.  It's hard to believe the game is 70 screens already.. time truly flies when you're having fun.  Looking forward to continued and completed development of another great title.

• Like 3

If there is a Knight Guy / Ninjish Guy box set, I'm all for it.

However, insisting on 'double dipping' with Knight Guy for a three boxed set down the road..

"Knight in Shining Armor" Gold Collector's Edition Trilogy:

Knight Guy In Low Res World - Castle Days

Knight Guy on Board - 30 Squares of Fate

Knight Guy - Quest For Something

:D

• Like 3

On 9/10/2021 at 8:11 PM, Trebor said:

If there is a Knight Guy / Ninjish Guy box set, I'm all for it.

However, insisting on 'double dipping' with Knight Guy for a three boxed set down the road..

"Knight in Shining Armor" Gold Collector's Edition Trilogy:

Knight Guy In Low Res World - Castle Days

Knight Guy on Board - 30 Squares of Fate

Knight Guy - Quest For Something

:D

Releasing a Collector edition of one of my games is in my bucket list for sure.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

I just discovered this yesterday and haven't had a chance to try this or your other games out just yet. Your games look and move very nicely based on the videos I've watched. You've done an excellent job with the artwork overall. Your choice of colors is very nice and vibrant. Your graphics are very well created and really make the 7800 look a lot more capable than some of the commercial games did. I look forward to trying this out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

While playing through, ran across something going on with this board:

NG_Invis.PNG.12c833a857ec06a208f4ad0d44815605.PNG

The droppings don't kill Ninjish Guy, and there's an 'invisible' object that cannot be walked passed.  However, Ninjish Guy can jump on top of it (the droppings pass through the 'invisible' object too):

NG_Invis2.PNG.b5505ab042cf2835d6f77735e03f8859.PNG

After Ninjish Guy walks across it and drops down, the droppings from above still have no effect:

NG_Invis3.PNG.ae521d192f9c975fd4bee2e4edb983c1.PNG

Nevertheless, what a fantastic release!  The animation explosions at the beginning and Ninjish Guy jumping from the plane is cool.  Always love the originality and graphical quality of these games.  The detail, consideration, and thought that goes into board designs and balance to be challenging and fair. The double backing never feels like a choir, but a welcomed trip on the adventure.

Just when I find myself stating, "After this game, I got to take a break", I find myself going through the same cycle and (broken) promise 2-3 more times.  What a joy and blast to play your games, Vlad!  Ninjish Guy - Perilous Island, is no exception; thrilled it is being developed further.

*EDIT:  Evidently, it is a pair of 'invisible' objects.  Same thing happens on the right-hand side of the screen as well, that was captured above from the left-hand side.  Also, the droppings are not having an effect on the other screens either.