Jump to content
vhzc

Ninjish Guy 7800 - perilous island (wip)

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, gambler172 said:

Hi Vladi

Works really great.The 2nd boss is the hardest.

The 3rd is Donkey Kong 😂

Do you mean Stubborn Gorilla? 😛

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, that's not Donkey Kong.. It's Bongo.. In a jungle, throwing bouncing coconuts, no less. :D

 

Great update, Vlad!  Always love the bitter-sweet "End Of Demo" feeling received after reaching that spot with each Demo released.

 

Sweet to have achieved it.  Bitter because I want more. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every Rose Has Its Thorn(s).

As soon as I hit that net, thought spider-time.. and I was not disappointed.

Updates to Mothra... and the mini-Mothras (and their droppings) are fantastic!

Power Gem gets more usage..

But my absolute favorite thing is Attack of the Killer Tomatoes..  now we know their *true* origin story. ;)

 

Awesome update! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked what I played through last night. But I think the difficulty on the first boss is a might too high while the difficulty on the two following it is way too easy. 

 

The issue with the first boss is mainly the size of it. The way it moves on the screen, you can easily get caught and have no way to escape him and loose a life. First game I played of it last night, I lose all of my lives on just that first boss. Second game, I was down to my last life before I defeated him.

 

The Gorilla boss needs to be made more difficult by not allowing that safe zone under him. His balls or rocks or whatever it is he is tossing at you need to come out including that area under him somehow. It is too easy to stay under him and wait for the two closest platforms to take shots at him.

 

The Rose boss I was able to take out quickly with just rapid fire of the Shurikens similar to the second boss.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I liked what I played through last night. But I think the difficulty on the first boss is a might too high while the difficulty on the two following it is way too easy. 

 

The issue with the first boss is mainly the size of it. The way it moves on the screen, you can easily get caught and have no way to escape him and loose a life. First game I played of it last night, I lose all of my lives on just that first boss. Second game, I was down to my last life before I defeated him.

 

The Gorilla boss needs to be made more difficult by not allowing that safe zone under him. His balls or rocks or whatever it is he is tossing at you need to come out including that area under him somehow. It is too easy to stay under him and wait for the two closest platforms to take shots at him.

 

The Rose boss I was able to take out quickly with just rapid fire of the Shurikens similar to the second boss.

 

 

 

i do not agree....The 1st boss was easy for me.

The 2nd boss,i thought to be heavy to beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gambler172 said:

i do not agree....The 1st boss was easy for me.

The 2nd boss,i thought to be heavy to beat.

Just have to agree to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Ninjish Guy Perilous Island on tomorrow's (Fri Aug 27, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day!

 

Games:
 (SET TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2021 at 9:40 PM, vhzc said:

UPDATE

September 08

- 70 screens (water levels!)

- Five mod-bosses.

- Difficulty tweaks on a couple of mid bosses.

- Cosmetic changes.

NinjishGuyPI_20210908.a78<--- CURRENT

1164421084_Capturadepantalla_2021-09-08_19-52-23.thumb.png.cdeca95d9e54fd2c7eb8071450dd373a.png

 

159717034_Capturadepantalla_2021-09-05_21-08-57.thumb.png.ebafdadda678ee26e1e4336f040c4fae.png

Edited by vhzc
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, vhzc said:

1164421084_Capturadepantalla_2021-09-08_19-52-23.thumb.png.cdeca95d9e54fd2c7eb8071450dd373a.png

 

159717034_Capturadepantalla_2021-09-05_21-08-57.thumb.png.ebafdadda678ee26e1e4336f040c4fae.png

Will try and give this a test soon as I'm able. Got quite a bit of working due tomorrow and beginning of next week.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job, Vlad.. the update is wonderful!

 

image.png.6694962be1101b970d4c71dd152a6df4.png

 

Bosses feel more even balanced across the spectrum.  What I really love is the attention to detail and the 'finer' accuracy of things. 

 

Take this for example:

 

NGUYFISH.PNG.0d2693c68da4434c1a76328312574d65.PNG

 

When Ninjish Guy enters a board with the flying piranha fish, if remained perfectly still, the fish flies precisely over Ninjish Guy with the very tip of the bottom fin neatly matching the indent on the upper left hand side of Ninjish Guy.

 

No helmet this time around for the swimming ability, though the AIR factor is a beautiful thing.  The timer is really in a sweet spot where I don't feel a crushing need for immediate air too often, but simultaneous cannot be ignored either.  The aforementioned factors nicely against the bone fish and his green shrimp/slime attacks.  Felt a tad bit of a somewhat homage perhaps to Tower Toppler's bonus level shrimps.  I enjoyed that battle.

 

So, I guess we now have Congo Bongo Jr., or just Bongo Jr., either way it definitely is a welcomed addition to upping the ante with the challenge against the big ape there.  Ditto with thorny rose providing only 5 at a time as replenishment.  It too brought just a little more challenge to the battle.

 

Purple Spinball with a little 'middle danger' is a great modification too.  Felt a little like a mix of Sonic combining with the Werewolf boss of Castlevania lore, as far as attack pattern.

 

As has been a staple, the backtracking never feels like a chore, but truly a welcomed task and adventure.  It's hard to believe the game is 70 screens already.. time truly flies when you're having fun.  Looking forward to continued and completed development of another great title.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Trebor said:

So, I guess we now have Congo Bongo Jr., or just Bongo Jr.

Stubborn Gorilla and Stubby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

I'd love a knight guy / ninjish guy box set. That would be pretty awesome. 

Yes please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

I'd love a knight guy / ninjish guy box set. That would be pretty awesome. 

I'd put my pre-order in for that!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is a Knight Guy / Ninjish Guy box set, I'm all for it.

 

However, insisting on 'double dipping' with Knight Guy for a three boxed set down the road..

 

"Knight in Shining Armor" Gold Collector's Edition Trilogy:

Knight Guy In Low Res World - Castle Days

Knight Guy on Board - 30 Squares of Fate

Knight Guy - Quest For Something

:D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2021 at 8:11 PM, Trebor said:

If there is a Knight Guy / Ninjish Guy box set, I'm all for it.

 

However, insisting on 'double dipping' with Knight Guy for a three boxed set down the road..

 

"Knight in Shining Armor" Gold Collector's Edition Trilogy:

Knight Guy In Low Res World - Castle Days

Knight Guy on Board - 30 Squares of Fate

Knight Guy - Quest For Something

:D

Releasing a Collector edition of one of my games is in my bucket list for sure.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...