turbo graphics 220

Footage of cornhole prototype

Ug. If you are going to do something like that show the actual game. That footage didn't do anything to get me excited for Cornhole or make me think it would be fun. That type of prototype footage is something I would have expected to see back in like late 2019 or very early 2020. Not like 79 days before their third launch date.

They showed the Evel game and not some prototype stuff and it isn't even a pack in.

• Like 3

I really like seeing the behind the scene happenings, prototypes, "programmer art", etc.  I wish there was more.

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Ug. If you are going to do something like that show the actual game. That footage didn't do anything to get me excited for Cornhole or make me think it would be fun. That type of prototype footage is something I would have expected to see back in like late 2019 or very early 2020. Not like 79 days before their third launch date.

They showed the Evel game and not some prototype stuff and it isn't even a pack in.

But don't forget... the console and game is TOTALLY AND FOR SURE REALLY ACTUALLY DONE AND READY TO GO. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, godslabrat said:

But don't forget... the console and game is TOTALLY AND FOR SURE REALLY ACTUALLY DONE AND READY TO GO. 

They might as well make the delay announcement official.

There's no way everything is ready for October. I get wanting to revamp if you don't like controls, but what would they have done if this had come out 9 months ago like initially planned?

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

If there is a problem with any game they can issue an update/patch.

Having heard about cornhole, I'm more interested in trying the original version than the new control method.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

They might as well make the delay announcement official.

There's no way everything is ready for October. I get wanting to revamp if you don't like controls, but what would they have done if this had come out 9 months ago like initially planned?

NOT making the announcement is just disrespectful to the customers, current and potential.

If there aren't Amicos on a boat right now, October isn't happening.  It doesn't take any skill to announce the delay, only integrity.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, turbo graphics 220 said:

They should just replace cornhole with Evel Kneval

I think they can't. Tommy said they want to avoid licensed games among the pack in games because that would mean they have to pay for the license as long as the system is produced. That being said, I just realized Cornhole is a licensed game as well, since it features American Cornhole League! 😅

Which probably means that one didn't cost a lot, at least compared to Evel Knievel or Major League Baseball licenses - and that's not really surprising to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

NOT making the announcement is just disrespectful to the customers, current and potential.

If there aren't Amicos on a boat right now, October isn't happening.  It doesn't take any skill to announce the delay, only integrity.

Why would you think they won't make an announcement, they said they would within a couple of weeks.  Retailers have to know what the plan is as well and might even have some input on decisions.  IE has the option to produce a small number locally and plenty of time to consider it.

-----------

Regarding licenses in packins, it really depends if the contract is for a flat license fee or per unit sold.  Most license agreements are per unit sold, I suspect cornhole is a flat fee.

Edited by mr_me

9 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Why would you think they won't make an announcement, they said they would within a couple of weeks.  Retailers have to know what the plan is as well and might even have some input on decisions.  IE has the option to produce a small number locally and plenty of time to consider it.

-----------

Regarding licenses in packins, it really depends if the contract is for a flat license fee or per unit sold.  Most license agreements are per unit sold, I suspect cornhole is a flat fee.

I'm not saying they won't make an announcement, I'm saying they should have done so already.

• Like 4

On 7/24/2021 at 3:32 PM, mr_me said:

If there is a problem with any game they can issue an update/patch.

Having heard about cornhole, I'm more interested in trying the original version than the new control method.

Wasnt Amico games supposed to be complete when sold unless a major issue?    I dont personally want to keep updating games via download. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 8:01 PM, Swami said:

looks like another thread to put on ignore.

You must be running out of threads to post in

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Wasnt Amico games supposed to be complete when sold unless a major issue?    I dont personally want to keep updating games via download. 

I'm sure they don't want to fix games after they are released either.  But that option is available like it is for pretty much all modern software publishers.  If there is a problem, people would want it fixed.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:38 PM, mr_me said:

-----------

Time is running out. Shipping is 2 to 6 weeks. Probably closer to 6 weeks from what ive been reading. 

Manufacturing time included, then getting to retail. Clock is ticking fast. 

FCC is still not 100% passed on all tests as stated in the cornhole video. How can factory assembly begin with out that.  How long does factory assembly take?

At this point its a safe guess for a founders add that other preorder launch only. Those can be air shipped. 

I predict a soft launch with a retail delay.   If we are lucky. 

7D4E371C-C3F7-4D85-A181-1F13E8B7ACE6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I'm sure they don't want to fix games after they are released either.  But that option is available like it is for pretty much all modern software publishers.  If there is a problem, people would want it fixed.

I remember it being said that it would be in a rare case.   That the games shipped would be done.  

Do you have info stating that games will be sold buggy and in need of patching?   You arent selling the console well for me.

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Rev said:

I remember it being said that it would be in a rare case.   That the games shipped would be done.  

Do you have info stating that games will be sold buggy and in need of patching?   You arent selling the console well for me.

I'm not trying to sell you anything.

Regarding manufacturing, their manufactuer in China has the capacity to produce thousands of units per day.  So they could fill a shipping container within a few days.  They've already said they likely won't be doing any large volume production because of the inflated cost of some components.  Even if they happen to get tens of thousands of units out to retailers in November rather than October, I think the retailers would be pleased.  They said they have an option to produce a small number in North America, which saves them that six weeks shipping.  I don't see too much incentive for them to do that, might as well wait.

Edited by mr_me

Ahh looks like the big juice man was right again. Which would explain why I didn't get a response to my last message. So the motion controls are still not up to task for cornhole which is why we haven't seen it at these events yet. And this is a pack-in  I don't think this is getting done in time so when's the next release date is it next year? What's going on here? 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Rev said:

Just tell the devs to make complete and bug free games. Simple as that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Just tell the devs to make complete and bug free games. Simple as that!

Make it a contest, find bug X, and get a prize!

This  looks terrible.  It should be able to tell from your motion how it's going to arc not need you to adjust everything on the controller and have all these meters.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jbrodack said:

This  looks terrible.  It should be able to tell from your motion how it's going to arc not need you to adjust everything on the controller and have all these meters.  

Yeah it might as well just use a button like Mario Golf at that point. Speed and tilt should be enough to give you the arc of the throw. Darts on Clubhouse Games functions that way.