turbo graphics 220

Footage of cornhole prototype

18 hours ago, mr_me said:

They haven't opened an office in Canada and the CFO denied paying internet commenters.

That's a long commute. I hope you carpool.

Posted (edited)

And in the video game industry, denying doesn't mean it's false. ;)

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Haha 1

You're essentially saying the CFO lied.  Seriously, you don't need to pay fans for liking what you do.  If they didn't like it, they wouldn't be fans.  Many of these youtubers accused of being paid are fans.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

And in the video game industry, denying doesn't mean it's false. ;)

J ALLARD!

I forget did he work for them or not? I've heard he did and left and heard he never worked for them.

Oh well he isn't currently working there, that's for sure.

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2021 at 9:37 AM, MrBeefy said:

J ALLARD!

I forget did he work for them or not? I've heard he did and left and heard he never worked for them.

Oh well he isn't currently working there, that's for sure.

he apparently did have a very short time where he worked with Amico and he did what he came in to do then went on his way.

Allard said that Amico was not a good fit for him whatever that means

• Thanks 1

I understand the argument that Tallarico only showed the demo of experimental controls for Cornhole while the game is otherwise ready. However, is there anywhere a video showing people playing that original version of Cornhole? Has anybody tried it? If yes, that would definitely help to dispel some doubts about its state.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Lusorius said:

I understand the argument that Tallarico only showed the demo of experimental controls for Cornhole while the game is otherwise ready. However, is there anywhere a video showing people playing that original version of Cornhole? Has anybody tried it? If yes, that would definitely help to dispel some doubts about its state.

Exactly. If it was so easy to create a video of experimental controls, why no video of current controls? 

4 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

Exactly. If it was so easy to create a video of experimental controls, why no video of current controls? 

🤷‍♀️

Not ready yet?

34 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

🤷‍♀️

Not ready yet?

That seems to be the most reasonable conclusion at this moment. But why then Tallarico had to attract attention to it by showing experimental controls? And why does he claim that it is finished, just it is not as much fun as he it could be?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lusorius said:

That seems to be the most reasonable conclusion at this moment. But why then Tallarico had to attract attention to it by showing experimental controls? And why does he claim that it is finished, just it is not as much fun as he it could be?

Probably a knee jerk reaction to the CFO/COO interview with the Geek Getaway in which Nick Richard's said they were reworking the controls.

It was the wrong move IMO, as I thought that demo looked really bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, that seems to be currently the only reasonable conclusion. I really don't know why Tallarico had to do this self-damage. It is so weird. 😕

• Like 2

Damaging is a matter of opinion, I liked seeing the behind the scene happenings, the interaction between publisher and developer.  The cornhole developer is an independent office so we are seeing the publishers input into the game.  Giving the developer the go ahead to implement the changes was probably dependent on recent decisions about manufacturing.  So we don't know the exact timing of these events.

20 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I liked seeing the behind the scene

Maybe there is a misunderstanding between us. The issue isn't so much in the showing experimental controls but in showing them without showing supposedly finished and fine controls of the original Cornhole. This created an impression that there is no working version of the game. Would you agree?

• Like 1

Once they are happy with whatever control scheme they came up with, implementing it into an otherwise finished game should be academic.  The new control scheme they showed us looks finished, the rest of the game is finished.  I don't see an issue.  Just like the early prototypes they showed; people complained that it doesn't look polished.  They didn't show the cornhole game here, they showed a separate test program.  If a few people don't understand what they are seeing then they have the misunderstanding.  Does that have an impact on the business?  Don't see why it should.  People will see the final cornhole game before it's on the market.

Edited by mr_me
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The new control scheme they showed us looks finished, the rest of the game is finished.  I don't see an issue. 

How do you know that the rest of the game is finished? We haven't seen it and nobody seems to have tried it (or do you know somebody?). Also the perception of the new control scheme was quite controversial - it did not look finish to many. I mean, one cannot always blame others for making conclusions from what they see. Maybe sometimes is the issue on Tallarico's side?  He could very easily dispel all of this doubt: he could simply show that finished version of the Cornhole, couldn't he? 

• Like 1

They will show the final game.  They have shown the previous version, small clips only.  They did say the game was otherwise "feature complete".

4 minutes ago, mr_me said:

They have shown the previous version, small clips only. 

Have they shown anywhere something from which we could assume that it was the gameplay on Amico? Where they used the Amico controller and its motion capabilities? Of course that one day they will show the final game but now there is a serious doubt about its state. Since it is one of 6 pack-in games, its state may influence other things. If the game is feature complete and its controllers are fine - as stated by Tallarico - why is it so difficult to show it? 😕 

• Like 1

They have shown even less of Farkle and the sixth packin.  Maybe one of those games is holding back production of Amicos and not the global electronic parts supply problem.

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

Once they are happy with whatever control scheme they came up with, implementing it into an otherwise finished game should be academic.  The new control scheme they showed us looks finished, the rest of the game is finished.  I don't see an issue.  Just like the early prototypes they showed; people complained that it doesn't look polished.  They didn't show the cornhole game here, they showed a separate test program.  If a few people don't understand what they are seeing then they have the misunderstanding.  Does that have an impact on the business?  Don't see why it should.  People will see the final cornhole game before it's on the market.

Showing them going back to the drawing board with a test program instead of even an early implementation of the new physics in the full game doesn't inspire much confidence.  

If things are more finished show us that instead of some things that looks super early for a game that's a pack in and was supposed to be done. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lusorius said:

Have they shown anywhere something from which we could assume that it was the gameplay on Amico? Where they used the Amico controller and its motion capabilities? Of course that one day they will show the final game but now there is a serious doubt about its state. Since it is one of 6 pack-in games, its state may influence other things. If the game is feature complete and its controllers are fine - as stated by Tallarico - why is it so difficult to show it? 😕 

Just the E3 footage.......

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

They have shown even less of Farkle and the sixth packin.  Maybe one of those games is holding back production of Amicos and not the global electronic parts supply problem.

IIRC we have only seen Farkle used with a phone too. 

1 hour ago, jbrodack said:

Showing them going back to the drawing board with a test program instead of even an early implementation of the new physics in the full game doesn't inspire much confidence.  

If things are more finished show us that instead of some things that looks super early for a game that's a pack in and was supposed to be done. 

Yeah and to think ot should have been finalized a year ago in order to hit 10/10/2020. They will need it all done by around September if they want to get things out before the end of 2021.

On 8/10/2021 at 8:47 AM, Lusorius said:

They showed the Amico to a group of moms about two or three months ago.  Cornhole was said to be one of the games they played.

Edited by mr_me

Just now, mr_me said:

The showed the Amico to a group of moms about two or three months ago.  Cornhole was said to be one of the games they played.

It was also on the launchpad in April 2020, but the controls aren't fun enough and after a year and 3 months later they are still working on it.

If I recall correctly they weren't ready in 2020, that's why it was delayed.

If developers find ways to make games better, they can make changes to any game until they are told they can't.

Edited by mr_me