IGNORED

Looking for paddle controllers for 2600

Texretro

• 2 weeks later...

I had an issue with paddles not working and it turned out to be something with the motherboard. Maybe a cracked trace although I could not find one after much time messing with replacing chips and soldering a bunch of stuff and testing voltages .  But it turned out that if I put a thin shim ( like part of a fingernail file ) underneath in the port with the controller , it did something to flex the board in a way that the paddles work perfect . 

I doubt this is your issue but it can’t hurt to try  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 6:13 PM, easmith said:

try best electronics assuming they are still active . 

https://www.best-electronics-ca.com/text.htm

I bought some paddles from them a few years ago 

Just be aware that he only sells one set of paddles per person, ever.  I think they are great, except that I believe he glued the knob onto the paddles, which I wasn't expecting.

Still, I would have loved to buy two sets (4 paddles) so everything matches, but it is what it is.  It's a very very old school mail order site as well, you have to call and order as there is no internet ordering, and there is a minimum order $ amount.  There is a thread or two about ordering from him here on these forums.

FYI: He also has new Atari Joystick controllers, which I also recommend.

On 7/24/2021 at 3:31 AM, Texretro said:

I'm just looking for some good controllers, just bought some at a thrift shop and they ended up not working. I just want to play my games :(

It depends on your definition of "ended up not working"

You don't give much details.

If they don't work then it could be a bad cable and that is easy enough to replace from Best Electronics - or buy another set from ebay or other sources

If they are working, but just jumpy and jittery, as others above has stated, they can be cleaned or the pots can be replaced.