IGNORED

Title Screens With Spooky Castles

Thankfully they seem surprisingly common. If anyone knows more, just say the name and I'll add a pic. I especially like the ones in gr.0/gr.8 with a black background. Good spooky music is a bonus. I'll try to add more.

Castle Wolfenstein(in atari800 it looks better with no artifacting):

castle_wolfenstein.thumb.png.6bc611cb59fe974a413ed925a62e7058.png

Beneath Apple Manor(has Hall of the Mountain King music):

beneath_apple_manor.thumb.png.4abfd657e4d2a762bedce6d8e188bbf9.png

Edited by invisible kid
  • Like 1

Goonies: What a pic with the silhouettes, has music, and it is as good as a castle, thanks!

Blinky's Scary School: Whoa, great pic and has spooky music too! Great font and game is well done, thanks!

For Blinky's, I could not get to the title screen pic on the atr version and I could not get the .cas to load. It gave an error, but also atari800 had the cassette load icon so maybe I wasn't patient enough.

Edited by invisible kid

38 minutes ago, Philsan said:

Never seen this beautiful titlescreen. Where can I download that version of the game?

Hi Phil, I'm not sure who did that version with the title but back in 2012 (or was it 2013?) I created some examples to help demonstrate XBIOS at the time. These included the Zeppelin games: Zybex, Draconus, Blinky's and Jocky Wilson's Darts Compendium. I added the loading pictures to each one displayed during disk IO. With Blinky's I added the full title screen and animation during loading. I also added some fixes to the games. I got carried away with Jocky Wilson's Darts and replaced the dart playing sequences with full colour versions along with a bunch of fixes.

blinky.png

zeppelin_ed.atr

Edited by Tezz
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Tezz said:

Hi Phil, I'm not sure who did that version with the title but back in 2012 (or was it 2013?) I created some examples to help demonstrate XBIOS at the time. These included the Zeppelin games: Zybex, Draconus, Blinky's and Jocky Wilson's Darts Compendium. I added the loading pictures to each one displayed during disk IO. With Blinky's I added the full title screen and animation during loading. I also added some fixes to the games. I got carried away with Jocky Wilson's Darts and replaced the dart playing sequences with full colour versions along with a bunch of fixes.

blinky.png

zeppelin_ed.atr 130.02 kB · 1 download

Tezz.... looking at your signature... Barbarian was finished???

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tezz said:

blinky.png

zeppelin_ed.atr 130.02 kB · 11 downloads

Many thanks! In fact, I only had the single loading screen file, no animation at all. Back to 2013 someone designed a few more intro images for Arkanoid, Boulder Dash II and Spellbound. I'd really appreciate if you or someone else could share those versions with the games -like the file you posted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Philsan said:

Awesome titlescreen images Terrence!

Blinky's titlescreen was made by José and you enhanced (and animated) it.

Hi Phil, ah yes that original Blinky's image was probably Jose, actually the Draconus picture was done by me and Jose together but the Blinky's intro I did from scratch to replicate the c64 title as a loader instead. Zybex didn't have a great loading picture so I drew the Zeppelin logo instead :)

A few years ago in one of the competitions Rafal Strzelecki created a neat Zybex picture split with mode 9

Zybex by Rafal Strzelecki.png

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Yautja said:

Many thanks! In fact, I only had the single loading screen file, no animation at all. Back to 2013 someone designed a few more intro images for Arkanoid, Boulder Dash II and Spellbound. I'd really appreciate if you or someone else could share those versions with the games -like the file you posted.

Boulder Dash II was one of mine again, that was back in 2009. Whilst I was enjoying creating the loaders for the XBIOS examples in 2013 I did one for BDII also. I wanted to have a raster effect during disk IO, something that I was told was impossible back in the 80's :) It's a shame that loading sequences and pictures are redundent now with modern high speed solutions. Arkanoid was my conversion of the c64 loading picture done in the early days of G2F which is in the archive, someone added it to the executable many years ago which I wasn't aware of until recently. I did redraw an Arkanoid title based more on the arcade, I should have that backed up somewhere.

bd_ii_1.png

bd_ii_2.png

xbios_bdii.atr

Edited by Tezz
Added the disk image
  • Like 4

The other Blinky's Scary School title screen  - A Rastaconverted C64 sourced image from 2017 (see original Rastaconverter image post here which has the XEX) - Great use of colour and spooky castle illuminated by the moon.

See here for the modded Blinky's game with the image below tacked onto it courtesy of MrFish?

post-13965-0-38629900-1508969076.thumb.png.0c1bb1f309d25688e3d7aaa6f4158922.png

Edited by Beeblebrox
adding more info
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, invisible kid said:

Thanks Beeblebrox(and MrFish)! Another great one.

@invisible kid I just signposted to it as remembered seeing it a few months back whilst trawling the great Rastaconverter topic thread and being very impressed. It's great to see the A8 pumping out colours in this way. Incidentally there are more title screen examples of other games in that thread, worth checking out. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tezz said:

Boulder Dash II was one of mine again, that was back in 2009. Whilst I was enjoying creating the loaders for the XBIOS examples in 2013 I did one for BDII also. I wanted to have a raster effect during disk IO, something that I was told was impossible back in the 80's :) It's a shame that loading sequences and pictures are redundent now with modern high speed solutions. Arkanoid was my conversion of the c64 loading picture done in the early days of G2F which is in the archive, someone added it to the executable many years ago which I wasn't aware of until recently. I did redraw an Arkanoid title based more on the arcade, I should have that backed up somewhere.

bd_ii_1.png

bd_ii_2.png

xbios_bdii.atr 90.02 kB · 2 downloads

nice one... Tezz... I might asked you that now for x-times (me getting old I know)... but where did you get as UK guy into A8 esp.?

• Like 2