IGNORED

Season 11 ~ Bronze Medal Bracket

Vocelli

Bronze Medal Bracket

Season 11

Congratulations

DrMooCowz

Bronze Medal Winner!

CLARIFICATION: No use of CHEATS, emulation advantages, bugs, cart frying or other variables that gives you an unfair advantage in this HSC. Please assume you have to follow the game difficulty and mode for the playing week/s. There cannot be any game enhancements or favorite settings to play in the 2600 HSC, unless you are given authorization to do so by your humble yet strict MODERATOR! Vocelli

For NEW Players who are not familiar with the Bracket Challenge:

I will randomly pick a game out of hat.

You will compete ‘Head-to-Head’ against another HSC Player.

If you WIN, you will advance to the next round.

If you lose you will be put in the Paper Medal Knockout Tourney!

The winner of this Bracket will get to secretly pick a game for Season 12!

The Finals ~ STARTS Tuesday, August 24 ends Sunday, Sept 5, Midnight (EST) 

3 Games! Whoever wins 2 Games wins it all!

Winner Gets to pick a Game for Season 12!

20)  LaurenTyler             vs     22) DrMooCowz

Playing: Dragonfire (Game 1)                                  22080                                             20760

Playing: Mountain King (Game 1)                             24475                                            99315

Playing: The End  (Game 1)                                      47640                                             55780                                                          

3 Games! Whoever wins 2 Games wins it all!

Winner Gets to pick a Game for Season 12!

SEMIFINALS

Starts August 11 and ENDS AUG 22 ~ Games Randomly Picked

17) Keilbaca ~ 1920

Vs

20) LaurenTyler ~ 4360  WINNER!

Playing: Pooyan (Game 1)

Winner will Advance to the finals!

18) Mchetzel ~ 189459

Vs

22) DrMooCowz ~ 199000  WINNER!

Playing: Pittfall II (Game 1)

(In Case of a tie... Both Players advance to the finals)

Winner will Advance to the Finals!

Starts July 29 and ENDS AUG  8 ~ Games Randomly Picked

17) Keilbaca ~ 127355  WINNER!

Vs

24) 5x7 ~ 71412

Playing:  Millipede (Continues Allowed)

Winner will play the winner of 20v21

20) LaurenTyler ~ 327200   WINNER!

Vs

21) MoisesTuseto ~ 102000

Playing: Star Trek: SOS (Game 1)

Winner will play the winner of 17v24

18) Mchetzel ~ 11086   WINNER!

Vs

23) MrTrust ~ 6826

Playing: Subteranea (Game 1)

Winner will play the winner of 19v22

19) FakeCortex ~ 41530

Vs

22) DrMooCowz ~ 57190   WINNER!

Playing: Jungle Hunt (Game 1)

Winner will play the winner of 18v23

Post your scores right here in this thread, and we will add them to the list.

Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown so that your scores will be consistent with everyone else.

Season 11 Games

Venture (Game 1)

Berzerk (Game 9)

Millipede (Continues Allowed)

Pooyan (Game 1)

Strategy X (Game 1)

Subterranea (Game 1)

No Escape! (Game 1)

Star Voyager (Game 1 Right Difficulty B or A and you can change at any time)

Atlantis (Game 2) * NO Center Base

Star Wars: ESB (Game 16A/ )

Dark Cavern (Game 1 A/)

Star Trek: SOS (Game 1)

Dishaster (Game 4) 10 Plates and Faster Action

Congo Bongo (Game 1)

Pitfall II (Game 1)

Jungle Hunt (Game 1)

M*A*S*H (Game 3) Biggest Margin of Victory

Mountain King (Game 1)

Spike Peak (Game 1)

BMX Mountain Bike Racing (California Games) NO SLOW RIDER SCORE SPAMMING

Super Cobra (Medium ~ Default Game)

The End (Game 1)

Robot City (Game 4) Robots can revive themselves

Tower of Rubble (Game 1)

Plaque Attack (Game 1)

Solar Storm (Game 1)

Birthday Mania (Game 1)

Fireball (FireTrap ~ Playfield A)

Dragonfire (Game 1)

Moon Patrol (Medium ~ Default Game)

WILD CARD GAME

Edited by Vocelli

The WILD CARD GAME is something new this season.

We have 30 Games so I made 30 slips of paper and put them in a bowl. I made 4 slips that read 'Wild Card'.

If the 'Wild Card" slip is chosen the I will PM each player and ask what game (from the remaining games) would they like to play. Each player will NOT know what the other player picked.

If there is NOT a match then I will PM them again. They each select another game from the remaining games. 

Taking into consideration what each player picked the first time (and maybe several other times)....  the first game that comes up a match from ALL the chosen games will be the game they play. (Of note... If I receive 2 matches on the same PM, the First Person who PMs back a match will be the game selected)

There is strategy involved... Will you choose a game you are good at? Or pick a game that your opponent sucks at?

This is NEW this season and we will see how it goes. If it goes well... All future Medal Bracket Tourneys will work this way.

Update on Wildcard Picks:

MrTrust vs Mchetzel

We are 6 picks in with NO MATCH. Each player has picked 6 games and we still don't have a match. I find that amazing!

FakeCortex vs DrMooCowz

FakeCortex has submitted his picks waiting on DrMooCowz to submit picks.

If I do not get DrMooCowz pick by Saturday at 7am (EST), then I will randomly pick one of FakeCortex's submitted picks.

Thanks!

Back to the jungle, baby! It’s all about that end of level bonus. I’m looking forward to seeing those numbers roll up when I finish level 2. So satisfying. 

Jungle Hunt - 21,270 lvl2 (boulders)

41DC9FC1-6863-4121-9F55-9DF8C78CF453.thumb.jpeg.997292a6109dd4c3c37f594ca88a9de6.jpeg

Looking forward to this round @Dr Moocowz! Good luck, and shall we both get new personal bests!

Edited by fakecortex
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Moocowz said:

Still in round 2 of the game. The gators don't even seem to be worth punching to me at all. I usually end up dying and not worth the mostly 100 point risk to me.

That’s how I felt when we played earlier this season, then I got the hang of it and am now able to kill every one in the first level. In the second one, I sometimes skip a few, depending if I’m in a jam. For the couple times I made it to level 3, the crocs were moving so fast that I was mostly dodging and pulling out the knife for defense. 

The manual suggests attacking from below, and that’s my strategy. I start from underneath and to the right, hit the button, and push up. After a bit of practice, I felt much much more confident than I did before. The crazy one that’s worth 300 pts sometimes gets me, but I’ve also avoided it. 

The point system is kinda wonky in this game. You’ll always earn points on the vines, boulders (varies), and cannibals, but can avoid points all together in the river. When you finish the level, you get such a huge score boost (3x timer) which is typically more than what you earned in the level. All this said, the points you opt in to (killing crocs and jumping over big boulders for an extra 100 if you’re insane) feel like a small bonus. When it really comes down to it, your score seems to me to be indicative of the level you got to, with some +- variations due to enemies and speed. 

I was able to get through the first level pretty fast today with a new high of 19,141. I remember getting to the cannibals with around 7k. The speed bonus was huge and the rest was just garnish, since I usually start level two at 17-18k. I’m second guessing the math on this now, so maybe I had a little more before the bonus. Anyway, I’m not sure if the number of boulders is consistent. I’ll have to do some counting out of curiosity now. 

All this to say, the scores are all about surviving the level. We can probably guess where someone finished based on the score. 

Ok, I’m tired, nice score, game on! ? 

• Like 3

Jungle Hunt - 57190

The tip about punching gators from below was pretty big, so thank you for that! I also figured out you don't have to punch them in the head like I've thought for... 35 years? ?  I did manage to get to the 4th loop on this run. I'm not saying I've peaked, but that's going to be tough for me to beat again. I will keep trying!

2600-p01bronze-jungleHunt02.jpg

• Like 1

Just finished playing a whole lot (too much?) and finally beat my score. Still haven’t gotten past the 3rd loop yet. I felt like I got really really lucky on the boulder screens, not getting many large ones and not dying at every one. That’s one thing that bothers me- I would like the amount of each to be consistent. I bet a lot of people like randomness in their games, but for this one, with this specific part, I want to have them predictable. Anyway, happy with a new high, but not satisfied until I win! Hahaha. What a round!

Jungle Hunt - 41,050 rd3 cannibals

2578C9CB-C673-4E60-A36C-F70EDCF2ECE5.thumb.jpeg.3e9ba511f3a4c1ee928d7458b86053b4.jpeg

Edited by fakecortex
fixed formatting
  • Like 1