IGNORED

Season 11 ~ Bronze Medal Bracket

Vocelli

No improvement yet, but not for trying. I switched it up today and played some Jungle Hunt for the Atari 8bit computers and I have a newfound appreciation for the 2600 version. I always thought the "400" version was best, but it is much harder, and now I don't mind the changes so much. "Punching" the crocs is definitely more consistent at least.

• Like 1

Small increase, but mostly a morale booster that I’m able to get to the third loop more often. I also got a new first loop high of 19,420 (not the same try). I’m doing better ducking under the big boulders this time. If I could figure out the timing for jumping them, I’d be unstoppable; but then I guess most other ppl would too bc I figure the big boulders are the hardest part for everyone. 

6416F3F8-FD21-4EF0-AAA4-920624AE2AE7.thumb.jpeg.620521ccda99fbe43743a92e3cd5151f.jpeg

• Like 3

On 8/5/2021 at 11:23 PM, Dr Moocowz said:

I kinda just said "eff it" and went full speed. It actually worked out "most" of the time that I could jump over the big boulders with the right timing. I had way more success with that than trying to duck them.

That was the strategy that I ended up finding worked the best.  Going under them was way more luck of the draw of not getting killed in the 2600 version.   In the 8-bit computer version going under was much safer. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Small increase, but mostly a morale booster that I’m able to get to the third loop more often. I also got a new first loop high of 19,420 (not the same try). I’m doing better ducking under the big boulders this time. If I could figure out the timing for jumping them, I’d be unstoppable; but then I guess most other ppl would too bc I figure the big boulders are the hardest part for everyone. 

You're making me nervous! I'm gonna try some more now, too. :)

4 minutes ago, Dr Moocowz said:

You're making me nervous! I'm gonna try some more now, too. :)

Glad I am Doctor, but man, this is brutal. I will say this, if it wasn't for this contest and your crazy skills, I would never have been pushed to get to this level (or spend so much damn time on it haha), so great job! I just did some experiments on an emulator with save states and rewinds, and I still can't consistently pass those big boulders on round 2 and beyond. I tried a new strategy where I stayed all the way on the right side of the screen, and for a bit I was able to duck a few big boulders, so I had to test it out on emu to see if I discovered a crazy easy way around them, buuuuut no.  And I also had a helluva time trying to beat your score, and that was with save states aaaaaaah. The vines on round 4 are INSANE. I'll prob give it another go on actual hardware before I call it a night.

• Like 3

Subterranea: 11,086

I pushed myself just to see what I could do, so here’s my best effort.  I’m starting to take a different approach to the game where I try to stay in the center more and not be so spastic on the controls. It seems to help me score more points because it allowed me to track those tiny birds for the 1,000 point bonuses.

D8021722-CFAA-4305-BC3E-CBE2981C7783.jpeg

• Like 1

Pooyan... one of my least favorites.  But when you have the right motivation, you can achieve anything.

This is just my warming up score: imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c681,270

Once I've had a chance to do some stretching, I'll be back for more!

Better score: 3,280

Pooyan (1983) (Konami)_5.png

Edited by Lauren Tyler
Better score.
  • Like 3