IGNORED

Season 11 ~ FINAL STANDINGS and AWARDS

Vocelli

6 hours ago, johnluke said:

When is season 12 supposed to start? ?

(yeah I’m a newbie but I’m already looking forward to next season…..)

Season 12 will start November 4.

I will be posting the announcement this month.

I will PM when it starts.

Also, follow the HSC thread for updates!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Atarian7 said:

Vocelli,  you crossed out the games in each bracket that were played in other brackets.  Did you mean to do this? 

Once a game is played in the Gold/Silver/Bronze brackets they cannot be played again.

The Paper Medal Bracket works separately from those brackets... The Paper Medal Bracket has its own separate list.

• Thanks 1

This was my first season taking part, and I have really enjoyed it. I look forward to playing the next one when it starts. As for the games this time round :

Favourites - Plaque Attack and California Games (BMX racing). Plaque Attack is just that fast, simple fun game that the 2600 did very well. And California Games was a Masterclass in squeezing every last drop out of an ancient system in what was by then the 16 bit era. Frogger is probably my favourite game that we played (it was my favourite cartridge when I was a kid) but it isn't on the list (perhaps because it was only a bonus game)

Surprises - Dark Cavern and Bezerk - I'd never played Dark Cavern before and really loved it (it could easily have been a "favourite" in the first category). I'd have loved to see a 16k version with multiple cavern layouts. As for Bezerk, I actually had that in my small collection of cartridges when I was a kid, but never really got into it. I actually enjoyed it far more this time around which was a surprise

Worst games - Dishaster has to be top of the list, that's a couple of hours I'll never get back ?!!. It's probably a bit harsh to put birthday mania here given the back story with it, so I will go for Spike's peak as my other choice here

• Like 4