IGNORED

SDX and FMOUNT?

OK I'll be starting with a question about using the FMOUNT in SDX on the Fujinet

I have mounted in D1: on the Fujinet D1: (1) (R)  R/R/GAMES1A.ATR  This is what shows after i do FLD in SDX

I have used the FMALL which works great but instead of using FMALL i wanted to use the FMOUNT. So i type D1:FMOUNT 1,R R/R/GAMES1A.ATR But i keep getting ALL ARGUMENTS REQUIRED

Ive even typed D1:FMOUNT 1,R, R/R/GAMES1A.ATR and still requires all arguments? Could someone please tell me what i should be typing to use FMOUNT.

I'm going through the full usage of the Fujinet via SDX which i lack knowledge of SDX but theres so much it only tells you in the SDX manual.

I know how to create new disk and copy from a TNFS to my SD card in the new disk and copying from external drive to the SD card and vice versa but that's all using a copy program and mounting in the right D:number 

I'm wanting to use SDX with the fujinet so its commands I'm stuck on and watching videos is ok apart from i keep getting SIO error but that's another question on Using N:device and Ncopy.....

Using FMALL is ok but i also want to use FMOUNT and experience the using of this command as well as all the others. I'm learning so its all experimental for me and more fun out of using the Fujinet oppose to just mounting a disk and playing a game....

Update.. I did FEJECT 1 and it un mounted the (1) (R) /R/R/GAMES1A.ATR  So i then go to mount again and i type D1: FMOUNT 1,1,R,GAMES1A.ATR It beeps as though its loading then i get the SIO ERROR but then i type FLD and its mounted it in the D1:  ? So why do i get the SIO ERROR?

Procedure ...

In my SD CARD I have gamesa1.atr 

I type in SDX DIR i get 138 device does not respond? So i press the fujinet reset and still 138 device does not respond?

Then i wait a bit then type DIR i get the Command listings

I type FLD and i get an empty list of drive slots

I then type D1:FMOUNT 1,1,R,GAMES1A.ATR it loads fine and then i get the SIO ERROR? I then type just to check if its mounted in D1: and it has? even though there is an SIO ERROR? In D1: (1) (R) GAMES1A.ATR :)

I can then type FEJECT 1 and it beeps away 

I then type FLD to check its un mounted and this time it does not beep it goes to 138 device does not respond So after pressing the reset button on the Fujinet then type FLD it then loads to show my D1: is now empty :)

So ive got this far in my Fujinet experience :) But i still don't know why i get the SIO ERROR? even though its performed the actions ok?

Update...SIO ERROR means i was typing gamesA1.atr and not games1A.atr LOL dearie me ...tut! Even though it still mounted regardless of the spelling mistake that's why the SIO ERROR came in !!

Edited by Back2skooldaze

Hi now i have figured the FMOUNT and no SIO ERROR's 

How do i list all of whats inside my SD card with SDX commands?

I type FLH which shows my host list so how do i get in to my sd card see pick out something to FMOUNT  oppose to having to go the long way round by booting config screen so peek inside the SD card and remembering the path etc.. only to go back to SDX and type it?

YO! Dely, Thats great man thank you for that command thats more progress for me :) But i'm then wanting to go in to each folder?

Getting back to the N: device Im just getting SIO ERROR every time i go to type NDIR

I type D1:NCD N:TNFS://SD

I then type NPWD and it comes back TNFS://SD

I then type NDIR which i then have to enter a path or return. Ive pressed return i get SIO ERROR? I type TNFS://SD I get SIO ERROR?

Even following tsckah909 you tube video where he is using MYDOS i get all the way through to the part where i type NDIR and i get SIO ERROR?

You know apart from all these you tube videos it would be nice if there was at least a printed/typed tutorial on using the N:Device and how to's.

Just a slight error on the videos can throw a person off.

That SIO ERROR is deifnitely something wrong with the path im typing?

Ive done the folders :) D1: FLS 1,/Demos/

Edited by Back2skooldaze

tschak909 Im now trying out your video Using fnc-tools with Atari DOS 2.5 on you tube.I have done this video with the mydos 2.5 and the fnc tool atr from your tnfs host server and all goes well up until doing the copying of the files from D2: to D1:

I get all the beeps and then it stops and gives me ERROR-130

Ive ejected the dos 2.5 and started again and it still gives same error?

I get half way on your vids then i run in to an error? I am doing these videos to the letter?

After the first ERROR and i try to copy again it states  copying ---D2:FCD.COM which i hear beeping then it stops i get ERROR-130?

In D1: I have..

DOS SYS 0037

DUP SYS 042

RAMDISK COM 009

SETUP COM 070

COPY32 COM 056

DISKFIX COM 057

FCONFIG COM 015

FRESET COM 007

NCOPY COM 031

NPWD COM 010

NCD COM 013

628 FREE SECTORS

Its trying to copy over to D1:      D2:FCD.COM It starts it then stops with ERROR-3

I have DOS 2.5 as W in the mounting?

Got there in the end ....

I just cleared all files out of the D1: then wrote the DOS files again  then i had to Duplicate D2: to D1: so i have all the files and DOS so now i can continue with the video :)

more vids on SDX and Fujinet would be nice :)

Edited by Back2skooldaze

Hi tscak909, please can you explain this to me ?.....

Ive got my head around using mydos 2.5 for creating a newdisk and searching folders  and mounting thats all great :)

What im stuck on is this N:Device?

Ive typed NCD then typed N:TNFS://homesoft.irata.online/  I then type NDIR and press return and Im always getting SIO ERROR?

I know this SIO ERROR is the wrong path details or something like an error in the line which could be a dot or dash or space or even caps or lower caps but i'm tying what you've typed?

Its ok I've tried another TNFS host server and its working ?

Edited by Back2skooldaze

I'm banging my head on the wall and then the wall LOL So that will explain it then LOL  Dearie me ......

OK I'll give your latest TNFS Host address another go tomorrow i'm done for now but all in progress :) I much prefer SDX when using the Fujinet less tapping that L every time i want to do another function.

Love the N:device :) 

Hi tschak909, Ive been looking all over for  a video you might have done showing either using NCOPY or something to copy a game from your Atari-apps.irata.online via SDX to put on my own SD card?

Ive used NCD N:TNFS://ATARI-APPS.IRATA.ONLINE/  Which i then do NDIR to which i then do NCD N:Games/ Then NCD N:Homesoft/ to which i then choose NCD N:J/ which i finally get the list of J games and i know your going to tell me a quicker way to get to the Homesoft/J which i'm all ears but to play it safe i've gone this route so i'm not making mistake and having to start all over again.

My question is now I'm at the J list and i want Jumpman.atr how do i grab that game and copy it over to either my own SD card or to Mount in D1:

I'm hoping to use NCOPY but not sure how? I've been trying and lots of beeps but then stopping? So do i create a Jumpman.atr newdisk in D1: and use NCOPY to that?  

You say the SD card in Host can't be seen by TNFS so copying it there is a no go?

how about me loading the Jumpman.atr directly from the NCD N:

I have achieved this using FLS and mounting a game from Games/Homesoft/J/Jetboy.xex to slot D1: but I'm wanting to do this using NCOPY after using NCD N:

Edited by Back2skooldaze

There is no way to do this directly, yet, an FCOPY tool needs to be implemented that can use the sioFuji device to copy the file, like it does in CONFIG.

wanna take a crack at it? :) (you can see how to do SIO calls from the other tools in fnc-tools)

(and yes, it may seem weird to some that I'm asking. But I am trying to both facilitate and delegate community action, and the only way I know how to do that, is to ask, or post bugs.)

-Thom

Hey what you mean I'm a maniac ??

I'm not rushing nobody it's taken me a long time to figure out how to use the fujinet with commands I'm not experienced with.

My dedication to fujinet is huge and I'm in the process of buying my 3rd fujinet 

There is information scattered all over the Internet but not in depth commands just videos that I always seem to run in to Errors ? Not my fault !

I'm not the only one out there wanting to learn the full usage of new products.

Tschak909 has Already pointed out Fcopy is implemented but now I need to figure how to use where as I was just moving on to using Ncopy after watching numerous vague videos 

Your reference to calling me a maniac is not good or nice I'm rather upset.

Call me anxious to learn or extremely keen but not maniac ?

Edited by Back2skooldaze

1 hour ago, mdivancic said:

You sir are a maniac! Give us nubs a chance. I’m assuming all the information one needs is on the Wiki?

Back2School,

He was giving Thom a compliment as far as I read it. (since the quoted person is Tshak909).

That is the context I am going with, try to remain calm... all is well!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

I seriously had forgotten that I had done it. whoops :)

-Thom

I argued with my brother that I did not do something at work.  He first called me some names, and then showed me a screenshot of my GIT commits.  I hope it's just stress and too much work, and not signs of bad things to come.  At least I am not the only one that does this!

On 7/28/2021 at 9:41 AM, Back2skooldaze said:

Your reference to calling me a maniac is not good or nice I'm rather upset.

You sir need to relax. As @_The Doctor__ pointed out it was directed to @tschak909 and was meant as a complement due to the volume of high quality code cranked out. Please read before jumping on someone.

• Like 2