Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Jatari, new game from @Fandal and @Poison, inspired by the popular Jeopardy! show.

Questions are from its web archive www.j-archive.com.

 

Download: https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=8044

 

0.png.ae264d3274e8fe37065698ffad46e22c.png 1.png.64a02a6f002045e39df42f9573d98cf4.png 2.png.9a9044da3a9ed07198a8d927dabbccb0.png

 

BTW, I found that @Savetz interviewed Fandal two years ago, very interesting.

 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a nice looking screen layout!  I love these colourful hi-res screens as even now, they are rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Filippo

 

3 hours ago, Philsan said:

BTW, I found that @Savetz interviewed Fandal two years ago, very interesting.

 

Kay interviewed Fandal at the Fujiama 2019 in 08485 Lengenfeld, Germany.

 

Sincerely

 

Mathy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to play this game on original hw with 1050?

I just realized that ATR file size is about 1MB, so it will be difficult to play with standard hardware.

Will the game crash if you split the questions to different disks?

 

Luckily I still have my HDI 3,5" floppy drive so I will be able to play this on real hardware soon, hopefully...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.Bacardi said:

Is there a way to play this game on original hw with 1050?

I just realized that ATR file size is about 1MB, so it will be difficult to play with standard hardware.

Will the game crash if you split the questions to different disks?

 

Luckily I still have my HDI 3,5" floppy drive so I will be able to play this on real hardware soon, hopefully...

Hi Mr. Bacardi,

 

why not simply take a SDrive oder SIO2SD? Playing is then still in originial hardware ...

(btw dealing with floppy discs or even worse tapes is not anymore part of my retro experience :) )

 

The game was originally planned to be one large XEX for 1MB-Memory-equipped Atari only. I tried the game on 64KB Atari in the emulation and it still worked. So I guess Fandal has changed his mind and has choosen a more compatible approach :)

 

grüße

\twh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twh/f2 said:

why not simply take a SDrive oder SIO2SD? Playing is then still in originial hardware ...

(btw dealing with floppy discs or even worse tapes is not anymore part of my retro experience :) )

 

Right, SDrive is for sure a solution, but I thought this game deserves at least a nice disk label...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find Jatari fun to play.  I had issues

 

- More than once I mispelled my answer. 

 

- once there was a list of items separated by commas. I neglected to insert the commas but otherwise my answer was correct.  Suggestion: treat commas (and perhaps periods) like whitespace.

 

- failing to type the article "the" in a title resulted in an incorrect answer.   I don't recall if exact titles were required in the TV game Jeopardy or not.  Perhaps the host would prompt, "I need more".  I see a way to do this in Jatari.

 

These issues are probably difficult to remedy via programming.   Perhaps an option to manually override and flag the answer as CORRECT.

 

Regards,

-SteveS

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, a8isa1 said:

I find Jatari fun to play.  I had issues

 

- More than once I mispelled my answer. 

 

- once there was a list of items separated by commas. I neglected to insert the commas but otherwise my answer was correct.  Suggestion: treat commas (and perhaps periods) like whitespace.

 

- failing to type the article "the" in a title resulted in an incorrect answer.   I don't recall if exact titles were required in the TV game Jeopardy or not.  Perhaps the host would prompt, "I need more".  I see a way to do this in Jatari.

 

These issues are probably difficult to remedy via programming.   Perhaps an option to manually override and flag the answer as CORRECT.

 

Regards,

-SteveS

 

Hi Steve,

 

with my friends I was acting as a Beta-tester for Fandal's Jatari game. We exactly experienced the same problems. To answer as CORRECT you must hit OPTION+SPACE (instead of only SPACE) after the "oh no!"-message appears.

I think this option makes a lot of sense, since the game was only intended to play in groups. Perhaps it should have been more visible in the final release.

 

btw. another quite important aspect to playability was to include the information, when the original show was aired. (e.g. 2017, 1991). This "time context" is more valuable than one would think in the first place.

 

grüße,

\twh

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For playing Atari games over the Internet? --  Jatari seems to be the perfect game 🙂

greetings from Fandal, MLP & twh.

 

1-IMG_20210729_214137.thumb.JPG.faf088119051e551c209f70fbc00536f.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...