IGNORED

New Game - Lunar Rescue

Tony Cruise

Doing some more testing of my Tile and Sprite Editor, playing with some graphics.

I think Lunar Rescue would work well on the Coleco, MSX and Spectravideo.

Very early graphical mock-up with some motion added to test how things fit.

I used to love this game as a kid, and I wrote a version in Basic (with a little machine code) for the MSX back in the 80's so it would be nice to revisit this one and make a full machine code version.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nicam_Shilova said:

Hmm...  Actually I almost completed to program a Lunar Rescue game and I planned to release it as a free game in the next few days.

So I take advantage of the opportunity to show a screenshoot :

image.png.2d843ff60012b5a4d53c6d7aa4ec8e7d.png

However, nice work!

Looking foward for that one too!!!

8 hours ago, youki said:

Why?  i did not get that one  ?  i use to comment on graphism?    Generally  on graphisms done by J-F , i love them.:)

For most it's GRAPHICS, but understand English isn't your native tongue and always like when you comment on the high quality of JF's graphism.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NIAD said:

For most it's GRAPHICS, but understand English isn't your native tongue and always like when you comment on the high quality of JF's graphism.

When do you use " GRAPHISM"?  According to google translate Graphics and Graphism  translate to the same word in French.  And when i read definition i don't get the difference. :(

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2021 at 3:02 AM, Tony Cruise said:

Well that took far less time than expected, Lunar Rescue is now early beta, playable, couple of little niggles but not far off being released!

Just need to work on 1/2 player mode, high score, additional intro screen and any fixes from play testing.

This does look great.  Will a test rom be made available?

On 9/27/2021 at 3:02 AM, Tony Cruise said:

Well that took far less time than expected, Lunar Rescue is now early beta, playable, couple of little niggles but not far off being released!

Just need to work on 1/2 player mode, high score, additional intro screen and any fixes from play testing.

The game looks great, I always liked that arcade game.

Can I make a few suggestions / wish list?

- Perhaps you can make the people you rescue run to to ship like they do in the arcade?  It would be a nice touch.

- Would you consider an "enhanced" mode that can maybe incorporate  moving platforms that make it much harder or  maybe a Bonus type "Challenging Stage" like in some games?  It might be a real fun way to break up the game and prep you for the next level. Might be fun to have a mini Space Invaders type Bonus Stage since it is at the heart of this game, I say use those little fellows on the title screen!

- Perhaps in enhanced mode a jingle(s) can play to signify the end of stage.

- It would also be a real hoot if you can hear the person scream if you crash while carrying them back or having the other people to rescue say OH NO! or when they see them crash.  A bit morbid but I played a lot of Impossible Mission and hearing the guy fall was always the best.  Heck even a cartoon comic speech bubble would be fun.. 

In any case looking forward to your game, I bet its going to be real fun!

Thank you for making it for the community, I super appreciate your work!

Edited by imstarryeyed
  • Like 2