Jump to content
82-T/A

Totals for my Atari Jaguar system...

Recommended Posts

A few months ago, I decided to sell almost all of my Atari Jaguar stuff. I had /every/ game except GORF, and a real Battlesphere (I had a replica).

 

I ended up keeping about 32 games, some home brews, and many of the ones that I really like (I can make a list if people want). I ended up selling them all here:

 

 

In the end, I made a total of about $17,122 when I add up the total sales on eBay (minus shipping). It included all my CD games and CD drive. As I said, I still kept two Jaguars, my pro controller, a bunch of controllers, and my rotary controller... plus the games I really /actually/ play, like Tempest 2000, Defender 2000, Protector SE, I-War, Doom, Wolf3D, some of the RG3 games, and most of the games from Reboot, and a couple from Songbird (plus Custodian from the San Antonio guys).

 

I would have posted sooner, but I bought a house, sold a house, transferred to another position for work in another state, and started another degree program... so been busy. Will probably keep buying some games, but it felt good to unload what was a bunch of games I never played. Now I have a small box of games that I will actually play.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I bought one of your CD discs. The one with the TV commercials. I can't get the disc to work though. Is there a trick to it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, tripled79 said:

I think I bought one of your CD discs. The one with the TV commercials. I can't get the disc to work though. Is there a trick to it?

I'm not sure... was it brand new? One of the ones from Go Atari? Can you send me a picture? It might be a regular CD-ROM... or... it's possible that it requires one of those special carts that unlocks CDs... for example... there are a couple of carts which people sell, such as Protector SE, that when inserted into the cartridge slot (of the CD drive), you can then play burned CDs. My guess is that's what you need. I've never done this ... someone help me out here. What carts allow you to play burned / non-production Jaguar CDs?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah you need Protector SE cart or Jag bypass cart to play the commercial cd, at one point it and space ships game  came with the game

Screenshot_20210727-201758_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pete5125 said:

Yeah you need Protector SE cart or Jag bypass cart to play the commercial cd, at one point it and space ships game  came with the game

Incorrect:

 

https://www.reboot-games.com/rebootnews/jagtopia/

 

Jagtopia is also in:

downfall+

Rebooteroids

Last Strike

reBOOTed

 

It will also be in the upcoming Gravitic Mines.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pete5125 said:

By the way just played downfall, this weekend,  awesome and addictive game good job!!!

Thanks! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff! It is a great feeling to do a purge like that, it's been way too long since I've done one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pete5125 said:

By the way just played downfall, this weekend,  awesome and addictive game good job!!!

Totally agree, I have Downfall+ on cart, and it's one of my favorite games.

 

12 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Incorrect:

 

https://www.reboot-games.com/rebootnews/jagtopia/

 

Jagtopia is also in:

downfall+

Rebooteroids

Last Strike

reBOOTed

 

It will also be in the upcoming Gravitic Mines.

 

Thanks!!! @tripled79, that's what you need, a "bypass" cart. 

 

8 hours ago, madman said:

Good stuff! It is a great feeling to do a purge like that, it's been way too long since I've done one.

 

Yeah, I really can't say it enough. I had so many games, and the boxes and everything was taking up so much space. I now have the games I actually like and want to play, and I don't feel obligated to buy every single damned game that comes out just because I feel I MUST have it. I have ONE box now with the carts in it, and I've compressed the boxes in case I want to sell them. In the end, I realize that "complete" collections are totally pointless. Why was I collecting these games? And to what end, and why did I feel the need to have every single one? What crazy mental hole was I filling?! haha...

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, to each their own on buying every single release I suppose. It's up to each person to decide how to enjoy this hobby, but like you I've enjoyed purging things I simply don't play. I can still justify my Lynx collection since that all fits in one box for the most part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a good return on investment for you, watch out for ebay and/or paypal to send you a tax document at the end of the year suggesting that all of this is taxable income.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

Sounds like a good return on investment for you, watch out for ebay and/or paypal to send you a tax document at the end of the year suggesting that all of this is taxable income.

Yeah, eBay has already said that they would… sigh. I’ll be able to subtract my original cost though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you listed what games you kept and enjoy playing you listed Trevor Mcfur and Dragon. I chuckled a bit. For the guy with one of the largest Jag collections those were 2 I'd think would be sold and gotten rid of. When I did a purge a few years back those 2 went out for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

When you listed what games you kept and enjoy playing you listed Trevor Mcfur and Dragon. I chuckled a bit. For the guy with one of the largest Jag collections those were 2 I'd think would be sold and gotten rid of. When I did a purge a few years back those 2 went out for me.

I love the game Trevor McFur... and also Dragon, haha. I got rid of Ultra Vortek because I've beaten it a few times, and at this point, I can move on with my life... heh. I just moved so I can't find said "box" of games... but they are somewhere, so I'll see what I kept... it's 30+ something games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your post inspired me. So I started posting a ton of things locally to try and purge from my own collections. Tons of 3DO, Saturn, and Genesis stuff. Sometimes we just need to let go of things we aren't using. I think my wife would enjoy more "free space" too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

Your post inspired me. So I started posting a ton of things locally to try and purge from my own collections. Tons of 3DO, Saturn, and Genesis stuff. Sometimes we just need to let go of things we aren't using. I think my wife would enjoy more "free space" too

DO IT!!!

 

Keep the stuff you actually enjoy playing from time to time... let someone else hold / enjoy your crap for a while... and then they'll move on too.

 

Sometimes, our stuff "owns us" rather than the other way around. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most definitely.  I sure don't need 6 Saturn's or 6 3DO or all the many many controllers I have and never use. If I ever decide to move this will make things easier with less stuff to haul with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

Most definitely.  I sure don't need 6 Saturn's or 6 3DO or all the many many controllers I have and never use. If I ever decide to move this will make things easier with less stuff to haul with me. 

 

6 3DOs? 6 Saturns???

 

DO IT... DO IT...

 

Start off by keeping the best of the 6... and sell the rest. Then sell all your duplicates. THEN... when you realize you haven't played a system in over a year and aren't really that interested, then unload that entire system. You'll end up with only the things you actually want.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see keeping 2 of rarer consoles, especially those that are CD based, or 1 to mod and 1 to keep original. Six 3dos though? Wow. That's a couple lifetimes worth. Flash carts/ODEs are another turning point for me in getting rid of games. I've never had regret on anything I've sold, I'd say my only regret is holding on to some of this stuff for so long. Good luck w/the purge!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, madman said:

I can see keeping 2 of rarer consoles, especially those that are CD based, or 1 to mod and 1 to keep original. Six 3dos though? Wow. That's a couple lifetimes worth. Flash carts/ODEs are another turning point for me in getting rid of games. I've never had regret on anything I've sold, I'd say my only regret is holding on to some of this stuff for so long. Good luck w/the purge!

Yeah 6 ends up due to being in lots with other items. But after having done a USB mod to my Goldstar 3DO I don't play or need the other 5. I like having one of each model even the Sanyo. But definitely don't need them. On Saturn's I definitely plan to keep the white Japanese and the Victor gray since I like the looks but the rest can all go. 

 

Definitely getting to the time where I don't need the clutter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, madman said:

I can see keeping 2 of rarer consoles, especially those that are CD based, or 1 to mod and 1 to keep original. Six 3dos though? Wow. That's a couple lifetimes worth. Flash carts/ODEs are another turning point for me in getting rid of games. I've never had regret on anything I've sold, I'd say my only regret is holding on to some of this stuff for so long. Good luck w/the purge!

Is there an ODE, that you know of, for 3DO?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yes, some years ago you could buy an ODE made by a Russian guy, so it does exist, but even at the time, it seemed like it was very hard to actually buy and receive, probably b/c the guy was hand making them.  I think this was the website:

http://3do-mnemo.com/

Edited by sirlynxalot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's the guy. AFAIK the only source of such a thing, I can't imagine there's a lot of demand considering the 3do's library and how relatively cheap original games can still be had for. I remember looking for an FZ-1 and it was almost cheaper to buy a lot with like 50 games instead of just the console. Not exactly, but you get the point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, flatfoot said:

Is there an ODE, that you know of, for 3DO?

There are usb mods for different 3do console versions. I have one on my Goldstar and it works better than any of the usb/SD mods I have gor other consoles. Luckily I was able to grab a new spare that someone in the USA had ordered so I was able to avoid ordering from Russia with a long wait time. The guy even put in a 128gb flash drive with almost everything on it. The install ran easier than the one for the Dreamcast.

 

Sorry for jacking rhe thread but here is a pic of it installed for reference 

received_1177244456097741.jpeg

20200810_091324.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...