IGNORED

Totals for my Atari Jaguar system...

82-T/A

3 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

There are usb mods for different 3do console versions. I have one on my Goldstar and it works better than any of the usb/SD mods I have gor other consoles. Luckily I was able to grab a new spare that someone in the USA had ordered so I was able to avoid ordering from Russia with a long wait time. The guy even put in a 128gb flash drive with almost everything on it. The install ran easier than the one for the Dreamcast.

Sorry for jacking rhe thread but here is a pic of it installed for reference 

20200810_091324.jpg

So that basically replaced the IDE / CD drive and preloaded all the games on it? That's pretty cool... 

Yeah man super easy to do too. Like 4 screws to remove the ejecting disc drive then unplug the cable. Stuck the cable in the green board and then screw it down. No soldering at all thank God because I can't solder. Then literally just load .iso files of all the 3DO games and they sort alphabetically. It was the easiest of the USB type things I've done. The Dreamcast is super easy too but needs this really dumb emu image organizing program that I found terrible to use tho the install was simple like this too, remove maybe 4 screws and snap in the drive tho the Dreamcast use an SD.

But for someone who still wants some consoles and minimal clutter and not having to store tons of games this was an awesome purchase. If youve still gof a 3DO it's well worth it.

On 7/28/2021 at 5:52 AM, 82-T/A said:

Why was I collecting these games? And to what end, and why did I feel the need to have every single one? What crazy mental hole was I filling?!

I watched some minimalist documentary on Netflix that really spoke to me here, as I used to scoff at people who collected anything just for the sake of collecting. The documentary said if it brings you joy, keep it. If it does not, don't. I'll never be a completionist/collector/etc., but that simple criteria helped me accept those who are. There's no need to justify continuing a practice to yourself or others if it brings joy to your life, just as you don't need to justify abandoning a hobby or selling a collection you don't enjoy anymore.

3 hours ago, cubanismo said:

I watched some minimalist documentary on Netflix that really spoke to me here, as I used to scoff at people who collected anything just for the sake of collecting. The documentary said if it brings you joy, keep it. If it does not, don't. I'll never be a completionist/collector/etc., but that simple criteria helped me accept those who are. There's no need to justify continuing a practice to yourself or others if it brings joy to your life, just as you don't need to justify abandoning a hobby or selling a collection you don't enjoy anymore.

What's the name of that documentary?

Thanks!

This?

50 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

This?

Yeah, that's the one. ("Minimalism: A Documentary" for the record).

I'll never live in a tiny home, but I like the idea of not attaching excess value to things. I bought an old Sears catalog on eBay for example. A true minimalist would probably never do that. You can browse them all online after all. However, that particular one, which we had in our house for years as kids, reminds me of combing the pages every year with my brother coming up with a Christmas list, so I enjoy having it and thumbing through it from time to time. However, I don't need *all* the Sears Wishbooks, nor even all the ones we had as kids. That one is enough to keep the memory alive.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cubanismo said:

Yeah, to each their own for sure. The only caveat I would say is as long as collecting (or any hobby in general) doesn't start to interfere with your daily life. I've seen it in this hobby and others, people spend every single dime they have collecting things they won't use. I've sold games numerous times where people ask me to hold them until they get paid in a week in a half so they can afford to pay me. Craziness. But yeah, if someone wants to collect a full set of something and they enjoy the hunt, or cataloging games or just looking at them on a shelf, more power to 'em. It's just not for me. And I'm sure the OP is able to put his proceeds to things more beneficial to him than games he didn't play.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 1:01 PM, UHATEIT said:

Most definitely.  I sure don't need 6 Saturn's or 6 3DO or all the many many controllers I have and never use. If I ever decide to move this will make things easier with less stuff to haul with me. 

If you are interested in selling one to another AA member let me know. My FZ-1 is dying/dead and I've been looking to replace it for a while. I think the problem with mine might be the PSU. If I plug it in I can power it on and play it but if I turn it off and on again it will just blink the LED, whir up, down, rinse repeat. I have to leave it unplugged for a while to get it to power on again. I think the last time I tried even that wasn't reliable.

13 hours ago, madman said:

Yeah, to each their own for sure. The only caveat I would say is as long as collecting (or any hobby in general) doesn't start to interfere with your daily life. I've seen it in this hobby and others, people spend every single dime they have collecting things they won't use. I've sold games numerous times where people ask me to hold them until they get paid in a week in a half so they can afford to pay me. Craziness. But yeah, if someone wants to collect a full set of something and they enjoy the hunt, or cataloging games or just looking at them on a shelf, more power to 'em. It's just not for me. And I'm sure the OP is able to put his proceeds to things more beneficial to him than games he didn't play.

OMG...

"I've sold games numerous times where people ask me to hold them until they get paid in a week in a half so they can afford to pay me."

This is so true... so absolutely true. No one should ever be in this situation ... these things are just not that important. Save your money, pay off debt, and be responsible.. and then allow yourself to buy unnecessary things from time to time.

• Like 1