IGNORED

Home Library Computer

Atari_Bill

I have the opportunity to pick up the original Home Library Computer still in box.   Wasn’t sure if I wanted to put down the money for it or not.  I know this version is rarer, but not sure what it would typically sell for.  There’s not much sale data out there. I was bidding on one without box recently on eBay but that one hit close to $1200. Is that normal, or just another crazy eBay case like we’ve seen lately?  

2 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

I have the opportunity to pick up the original Home Library Computer still in box.   Wasn’t sure if I wanted to put down the money for it or not.  I know this version is rarer, but not sure what it would typically sell for.  There’s not much sale data out there. I was bidding on one without box recently on eBay but that one hit close to $1200. Is that normal, or just another crazy eBay case like we’ve seen lately?  

Hard to find and espically working.  Prices have skyrocketed this last year.   Seems high but who knows these days.  

Edited by swlovinist

10 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Crazy case, that one on eBay wasn't even working and was supposed to be canceled.  I'm not entirely sure that auction 100% legit with those prices.  The Astrocade and Home Library Computer model are probably the rarest, with the white Montgomery Ward being the third.  A HLC model in the proper box (the one with people playing arcade games) plus documentation and all accessories including all 4 controllers (the HLC came with 4, not 2) in working condition documented could easily go for $500+. 

Edited by 128Kgames
  • Like 1

I've said for years untested = not working and I still stand by it.  Unless it was a real Library Computer, Astrocade or white professional arcade I wouldn't buy it to repair as the other models are cheap enough to find another.

Edited by 128Kgames
Typo
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

I've said for years untested = not working and I still stand by it.  Unless it was a real Library Computer, Astrocade or white professional arcade I wouldn't buy it to repair as the other models are cheap enough to find another.

The unit itself was the library model with the red button etc.  it just didn’t have the blue labeled cover.  The box was correct as well.   They still ended up selling it shortly after I decided not to buy.  

22 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

The unit itself was the library model with the red button etc.  it just didn’t have the blue labeled cover.  The box was correct as well.   They still ended up selling it shortly after I decided not to buy.  

Did it have the correct bottom Library Computer label?  Even still, good luck finding the correct lid.  You'd probably have to sit on it for years before you'd find one.

11 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

Did it have the correct bottom Library Computer label?  Even still, good luck finding the correct lid.  You'd probably have to sit on it for years before you'd find one.

I didn’t see the underside of the unit.  At this point I’m fine with passing on it.  

• Like 1