IGNORED

Food Fight Remake

SabertoothRetro

Atari announced a collaboration with Mega Cat Studios to bring a remake of Food Fight out in '22. It will be on multiple consoles, but first out on the VCS. More of this please. 

https://screenrant.com/atari-food-fight-game-remake-online-multiplayer/

Edited by justclaws
uncertain future clarified
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Jinks said:

Wow. 7800 owners rejoice! May get a couple of them to buy a vcs over this game.. maybe 5 or 6 guys will bite. 

Really?  Are owners of theses systems going to buy a VCS to get it first:

Versions for the Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S consoles will arrive at a later time, the company revealed in a press release. 

5 hours ago, rayik said:

Really?  Are owners of theses systems going to buy a VCS to get it first:

Versions for the Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S consoles will arrive at a later time, the company revealed in a press release. 

Oh maybe not..never realized it is going to sell on other consoles..

4 hours ago, Lord Mushroom said:

If Atari has the rights to Food Fight, why isn´t it in Atari Vault?

I'm guessing they're saving it for Atari Vault 3 or to be included in the remake. Evercade had an Atari collection under license with the 7800 version and the arcade version is on Antstream. 

8 hours ago, SabertoothRetro said:

I'm guessing they're saving it for Atari Vault 3 or to be included in the remake.

The Atari arcade/2600 compilations have been out forever, and I don´t think any of them have Food Fight. If they could put the arcade version of Food Fight in there, they would have done so from the start.

8 hours ago, SabertoothRetro said:

Evercade had an Atari collection under license with the 7800 version and the arcade version is on Antstream. 

Are you sure Food Fight is on Antstream? I couldn´t find it. I did see some Atari games belonging to Warner Bros., so if it is on there, it might be from Warner Bros..

Food Fight was made not long before Atari split up. I am guessing Atari has the rights to the 7800 version, and the franchise, but not the Arcade version. 

Edited by Lord Mushroom

• 2 months later...

Somebody was complaining also that the games are not exclusive to the VCS,
in the comments re: Centipede 2000 (well, it has 10 extra levels on the VCS).

Atari answered "We took the route of giving the VCS versions extra content...
but we will have some time-limited exclusives coming next year, including Food Fight which will launch first on the VCS.
"

image.thumb.png.43b9f49b27a1b6e7fcb4d962daeff664.png

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I saw an article from 2021 about an updated one with online play dropping in 2022 but can’t find anymore on it.  

Has it been cancelled or just delayed?  The updated premise sounds amazing and I would be super jacked for this one if it does drop.  

also, the article spoke about VCS exclusives with certain parts of the game.  That sounds rocking as well.  Just a few new levels that only VCS gets.  

https://gaminglyfe.com/modernized-food-fight-remake-coming-to-atari-vcs-in-early-2022/

The first rule of Food Fight...we don't talk about Food Fight.

There were a lot of development starts and stops with this project.  Not much info has made it out to the public on the 'what' and 'why' reasons for anything.  Recently MegaCats, the Devs working on Food Fight, recruited Beta testers.  So whatever was going on behind the scenes seems to have been overcome.  Still not many details on the project but it seems to be going forward again.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bluenomadgaming said:

I saw an article from 2021 about an updated one with online play dropping in 2022 but can’t find anymore on it.  

Has it been cancelled or just delayed?  The updated premise sounds amazing and I would be super jacked for this one if it does drop.  

also, the article spoke about VCS exclusives with certain parts of the game.  That sounds rocking as well.  Just a few new levels that only VCS gets.  

https://gaminglyfe.com/modernized-food-fight-remake-coming-to-atari-vcs-in-early-2022/

From Atari's recent podcast, it is currently going through server testing.

• Like 1