IGNORED

Does anybody want this Korean Famiclone?

bluejay

D43804A5-261B-4A17-9284-8022D6FBE4FB.thumb.jpeg.7b368fbba63bff5219f5921b3dd20a39.jpeg

I came across this Korean Famiclone for sale near me.  I haven’t bought it, and I have no clue what it’s worth (only eBay listing is an unsold one for $10,000). I’ve come across a few Famiclone collectors around here, so if anyone wants this, I could pick it up and sell it to you for what you think is a reasonable price. 

Edited by bluejay
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, gilsaluki said:

Cool Hangul script on it.  Hangul = Korean...

That’s just the watermark from the online marketplace I found it in. Every label on the console (except I assume the underside that contains important information that they want the consumer to actually understand) is in English because that’s what we did back then. Tryhard to sound cool. 

@sn8k Welp, good luck. You should definitely check out the Atari Jaguar marketplace on Facebook if you haven’t already. 

Edited by bluejay

10 hours ago, GoldenWheels said:

bluejay...if you ever see that Korean TG16 (the Vistar) just Pm me with the price. LOL.

I found folk who had one. He has a goldmine of stuff. Boxer Hyundai Comboy, Daewoo Zemmix, boatload of boxer Comboy games that look brand new. And this. 

Looks brand spanking new. Sucks he’s only accepting trades for things that are just as rare as the Vistar itself. 

A177A45E-84EE-446A-9635-919ECFD78F2B.jpeg

E2E92614-DA2C-4568-8229-81B70735FA4E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2021 at 11:25 PM, bluejay said:

I found folk who had one. He has a goldmine of stuff. Boxer Hyundai Comboy, Daewoo Zemmix, boatload of boxer Comboy games that look brand new. And this. 

Looks brand spanking new. Sucks he’s only accepting trades for things that are just as rare as the Vistar itself. 

A177A45E-84EE-446A-9635-919ECFD78F2B.jpeg

E2E92614-DA2C-4568-8229-81B70735FA4E.jpeg

Goddamn. With the box too. Sheesh. I had to wipe the drool off of my keyboard.

If the seller's attitude changes and money would do it...for real, please remember me.

• Like 1

man korea's ban on japanese imports resulted in some of the best stuff (topped by brazil, but that's only because how absolutely nuts brazilian clones get)

plus everyone should remember, korea is ntsc so those of us in the US can actually enjoy the stuff.  When I was in korea I showed my students an original atari and played it a bit. They thought it was the best thing ever. man I  miss teaching there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, masschamber said:

man korea's ban on japanese imports resulted in some of the best stuff (topped by brazil, but that's only because how absolutely nuts brazilian clones get)

plus everyone should remember, korea is ntsc so those of us in the US can actually enjoy the stuff.  When I was in korea I showed my students an original atari and played it a bit. They thought it was the best thing ever. man I  miss teaching there.

If you don’t mind, what did you teach in Korea? 

bluejay, any chance this is the same guy you found? Tons of comboy stuff....and while he has no BOXED Vistar, he is listing a loose incomplete one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124842430173?hash=item1d11304edd:g:~e8AAOSwo0NhC0fJ

I might pony up for a boxed one, or a complete one....but I can't see ponying up big buck for one missing a piece. You will NEVER find that piece. I'd just as soon wait it out...

(to be fair...this is the only Vistar I have ever seen listed on ebay. I have been looking for years.)

2 hours ago, GoldenWheels said:

bluejay, any chance this is the same guy you found? Tons of comboy stuff....and while he has no BOXED Vistar, he is listing a loose incomplete one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124842430173?hash=item1d11304edd:g:~e8AAOSwo0NhC0fJ

I might pony up for a boxed one, or a complete one....but I can't see ponying up big buck for one missing a piece. You will NEVER find that piece. I'd just as soon wait it out...

(to be fair...this is the only Vistar I have ever seen listed on ebay. I have been looking for years.)

I don’t think is same guy. However, if any of his stuff actually sells at that price, I should start unloading all my Korean stuff on eBay lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluejay said:

I don’t think is same guy. However, if any of his stuff actually sells at that price, I should start unloading all my Korean stuff on eBay lol

Ha! The Comboy stuff is all Greek to me....but I have to admit some of those prices gave my eyebrow quite a workout. Although I have NO context for those prices,  you clearly thought the same!

I would pay a quite fair bit for that boxed Vistar you showed, but not for a dinged up loosie.  At least with that one....it's basically hen's teeth. When you get something that only comes up once every few years, value is REAL subjective.

• Like 1

That's very cool. I'd consider getting it if I, you know, had the space.

My room really isn't that large...

Either way, something like this would be a really cool thing to have in your collection. The majority of these things really aren't that easy to come by.

Edited by RetroSonicHero
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 7/31/2021 at 1:31 AM, GoldenWheels said:

bluejay...if you ever see that Korean TG16 (the Vistar) just Pm me with the price. LOL.

I know this isn’t the Vistar you’re looking for, but I have come across this Daewoo PC Engine clone. Just letting you know this exists in case you’re interested. 

BCF9AE40-8925-4A00-B09A-8515C7D53453.jpeg

13F7774E-B18F-4268-A7EE-15CE609ED71B.jpeg

• Like 4