IGNORED

Breaking the seal

juansolo

It's not often I buy NOS stuff so I thought I'd photo these two as I broke the seal. It does kinda make a mockery of VGA and shit like that though as you never know what you're gonna get until you do, and niether were complete!

BTS-1.thumb.jpg.f1ac7ed666ad0c56aefefd125c90b950.jpg

Solaris first, UK PAL release, yup. No English instructions.

BTS-2.thumb.jpg.8ca17852daa0cdb3677331e096e488ca.jpg

Beamrider next. Shame it's a white label one but that's a roll of a dice job.

BTS-3.thumb.jpg.bcb9a1b67dee9323299e2cafa92aa1a3.jpg

Poster inside.... LIES!

BTS-4.thumb.jpg.87445e624b58596cf83c081973fef754.jpg

Interestingly it also doesn't seem to fit well into my 2600 so doesn't work. I think the prongs might be stopping it going deep enough (missus), once I've verified that's what is doing it, I'll file 'em down. Works fine in my 7800 though. It's obviously more accomodating.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So some testing of the Beamrider cart has brought some interesting results. There's nothing physically wrong with the cart, it's immaculate, it's contacts are shiny and new (I still cleaned them to be sure). It appears to crash both mine and @marauder666's RGB 2600s, but works fine on both our PAL 7800's. So we thought we'd disable the RGB mod in one of them and run it via RF just incase it's that that's doing it. Nope, still crashes. We've got another 2600 coming next week hopefully, a completely unmodded one. It'll be interesting to see if it runs on that or not.

The 7800's are the surprising thing. My 7800 tends to be good and runs most everything. Cleggy's is a problematic one that is a bit choosy, and that also runs it. I did not expect that at all. How odd. It's the first commercial game that's given me any bother.

21 hours ago, juansolo said:

Beamrider next. Shame it's a white label one but that's a roll of a dice job.

BTS-3.thumb.jpg.bcb9a1b67dee9323299e2cafa92aa1a3.jpg

No it's not.

I could have told you that before you broke the seal.

The PAL sticker gives it away.

Same goes for Solaris.

You can spot from the back of the box if it's PAL or not.

8)

On 7/31/2021 at 10:57 AM, juansolo said:

So some testing of the Beamrider cart has brought some interesting results. There's nothing physically wrong with the cart, it's immaculate, it's contacts are shiny and new (I still cleaned them to be sure). It appears to crash both mine and @marauder666's RGB 2600s, but works fine on both our PAL 7800's. So we thought we'd disable the RGB mod in one of them and run it via RF just incase it's that that's doing it. Nope, still crashes. We've got another 2600 coming next week hopefully, a completely unmodded one. It'll be interesting to see if it runs on that or not.

The 7800's are the surprising thing. My 7800 tends to be good and runs most everything. Cleggy's is a problematic one that is a bit choosy, and that also runs it. I did not expect that at all. How odd. It's the first commercial game that's given me any bother.

Well it's not the RGB mods. On the completely unmodded 6 switch it'll run for a few seconds then start crashing. So that's three VCS that it doesn't work on, two 7800's that it does. I've no idea what to do with this one. On the one hand I bought it as NOS and it doesn't work on all 3 VCSs I've currently got access too makes me wonder if I should return it or at least seek some form of compensation given it's looking like there's something wrong with it (it was an eBay buy). On the other, it's a 40 year old game that was sealed and essentially you can only ever treat that as sold as seen... If it hadn't been expensive (£55) I'd just take it on the chin. I suspect I'm probably going to do that anyhow as it's not exactly the dude I bought it from fault. Smarts a little.

• Like 1

maybe you shouldnt have unsealed the 40 year old box. So the cat cartridge would still be in a suspended state of working and not working

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.der-postillon.com/2017/11/miau.html&prev=search&pto=aue

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...