IGNORED

New game adaptations

23 hours ago, complicated said:

As you said it is not a terrible problem when playing chess, just a little annoying. Isn`t there any possible to tweak your software showing writes in some other way, like a blinking square in the corner of the screen or something?

I sent you corrected version of HAGE file. There is no any indication of disk access in it - that was quick change. Doing some square needs more time, and this fading is actually purely color palette based .

2 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

I sent you corrected version of HAGE file. There is no any indication of disk access in it - that was quick change. Doing some square needs more time, and this fading is actually purely color palette based .

Thank you!

I tested your improved HAGE file with Colossus Chess and its a totally different game, working very nice and no annoying flashing.

Also tested with Psion Chess and now there is no flashing when changing language.

Don`t think a flashing square is needed, this is actually alot better and huge improvement. Great work once again!

Here is Last Ninja 2 test v. : LASTN2T1.ZIP

Not 100% complete - can start play, there is unlimited lives option too. What missing is switch to floppy 2 - that needs to play until reach that level. I even could not find exit after beating first opponent. So, pls. play it, and when reach request to insert floppy/disk2 save game state. Press  / at Numpad for it. And post here or send me in e-mail that GS**.TOS file . Best ZIPped .

And it may be some delayed copy protection check too on later stages ..

1 hour ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Not 100% complete - can start play, there is unlimited lives option too. What missing is switch to floppy 2 - that needs to play until reach that level. I even could not find exit after beating first opponent. So, pls. play it, and when reach request to insert floppy/disk2 save game state. Press  / at Numpad for it. And post here or send me in e-mail that GS**.TOS file . Best ZIPped .

Hey,

I downloaded it to start testing but unlimited lives did not work so i died. Havent played this game for like 30 years so the skills arent what they used to be. If you can get that unlimited lives cheat to work then we can do some proper testing.

1 hour ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

I did some more testing and unlimited lives works but only at certain places. When trying to jump on the last boat at the end of level 1 you will loose lifes till you die, so it need some tweaking.

Anyway i managed to play to the Insert Disk 2 message and i did save gamestate. Will attach it here.....

GS01.ZIP

8 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Did support for disk 2 and more unlimited lives related changes: LASTN2T2.ZIP

Hopefully this will be all ?

I have played to the last boss "the final battle" in Last Ninja 2 test v2, however i cannot beat him. As far as i understand you should light 4 candles then kill the boss in the middle then light the last candle, however this doesnt seem to work for me. Maybe im doing something wrong? I will attach game state, hopefully someone else can try...

GS11.ZIP

9 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Did support for disk 2 and more unlimited lives related changes: LASTN2T2.ZIP

Hopefully this will be all ?

I managed to beat the last boss and complete the game. I did not find any problems when i was playing through the levels and unlimited lives seems to work better also.

Would call it a complete fully working adaption of that great game Last Ninja 2. So you can rename it and release as full complete version imo.

Great work as always.

Holy crap these are awesome!! Thanks so much!  Love all the Cinemaware games!!?

A couple things I noticed in general... after I play many games I noticed that I need to hard-reboot the system or a game bombs when loading.  The same game then works again when restarting the system.  Is this expected?

Is there a way to easily start the menu again after quitting a game back to the desktop?

11 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Actually, I did Navy Moves recently, and worked couple years ago on Hammerfist, but it went aside, so will look to finish it soon.

NAVYMVS.ZIP 561.26 kB · 5 downloads

And here is King of Chicago (Cinemaware): KINGOFCH.ZIP

You rock!

I don't know anything about King of Chicago, I need to try It,

Edited by masteries

On 8/24/2021 at 4:10 AM, eebuckeye said:

Holy crap these are awesome!! Thanks so much!  Love all the Cinemaware games!!?

A couple things I noticed in general... after I play many games I noticed that I need to hard-reboot the system or a game bombs when loading.  The same game then works again when restarting the system.  Is this expected?

Is there a way to easily start the menu again after quitting a game back to the desktop?

Yes, sometimes reset is needed that game(s) start properly. Most likely the reason is that some games set machine (like some HW registers) in kind of invalid state. Then reset is only way to set them in valid state. Age of our Ataris can have influence in this too.

Game menu works by writing into Desktop.inf file - so can achieve that will be in desired game's directory when Desktop starts. This stays for both - GUI and text mode menus. So, reset is what will activate it - I don't consider it as hard way - and as we know it gives better chance to start next game ?

• Like 1

Hey Petar! Nice work...

I'm planning a video survey of the ST flight simulator offerings. Any chance you can help me with any UltraSatan compatible versions?

my ST collection so far....

ST_Flight.thumb.jpg.47ba66255213bbe15bf92faf2fdc7cb0.jpg

Flight Sim II

Falcon

Eliminator

Strike Force Harrier

Skychase

Lancaster

Skyfox

Flight of the Intruder

F-15 Strike Eagle

F-15 Strike Eagle II

Gunship

Red Lightning

High Roller

F-16 Combat Pilot

Orbitor

F-29 Retaliator 

Mig-29

Carrier Command

Jet

Solo Flight

F-19

Battlehawks 1942

Their Finest Hour

Chuck Yeager's Combat Flight Simulator

- James

Most of these 'flight' games are adapted by me for hard disk run, so good for UltraSatan too. You have them in compilation.

Some notes: what we call 'flight simulator' is more-less close to realistic aircraft control/drive, including all relevant controls like engine/jet power, wing controls, gear up/down etc.  It might be peaceful flight or some combat action, but still with more-less realistic aircraft behavior.

So, what is flight sim. in your list:

Flight Sim II

Falcon

Lancaster

Flight of the Intruder

F-15 Strike Eagle

Gunship

F-16 Combat Pilot

Jet

Their Finest Hour

Less accurate sim:

Strike Force Harrier

Skychase

Skyfox

High Roller

F-29 Retaliator 

Mig-29

F-19

Battlehawks 1942

I did not Chuck Yeager's Combat Flight Simulator - not well done game.

Eliminator is not flight sim at all - pure arcade action. Carrier Command has some flight elements, but that's very simplified.

Red Lightning is strategy game according to atarimania.

And Solo Flight:  I think that what you have is 8-bit Atari version - no ST version of it made .

2 less known games:

Secret Cave: http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/secretcv.html

floppy v:  http://atari.8bitchip.info/ASTGA/S/secretcv.php

Org. works only with TOS 1.00-1.04 . Above 2 with any.

EGO: http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/ego.html

Floppy v. with unlimited lives opt. http://atari.8bitchip.info/ASTGA/E/ego.php

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Most of these 'flight' games are adapted by me for hard disk run, so good for UltraSatan too. You have them in compilation.

Some notes: what we call 'flight simulator' is more-less close to realistic aircraft control/drive, including all relevant controls like engine/jet power, wing controls, gear up/down etc. 

I'll take a better look at the compilation -- thanks! 

Noted: There are several degrees of aviation related games in the mix. Solo Flight is indeed a program from my Apple][ collection. Good eye my friend!

My own aviation career began in 1980 with "flying" SubLogic's Flight Simulator on the Apple ][. I used MS Flight Sim for Mac (1988-89) to practice flight profiles and pacing while in USAF training. Today I use the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator for familiarity with new airports as they're added to my airline's network. Most recently getting acquainted with Palm Springs, Chicago O'Hare, Savannah and our five destinations in Hawaiian Islands. It's also useful when teaching my nephew the basics during his civilian flight training program. 

I'm a fan of all aviation related games/sims.

IMG_0580.thumb.PNG.088b570f4458ea7860ee6b944776fcbd.PNGIMG_7579.thumb.jpg.f24f5e14108d57ef8beb9a58cea3fd4b.jpg

Diamondhead, Hawaii

• Like 1

THX master PP ;-)

Actually Tos 1.06, so i think i will upgrade it to Tos 1.62 ?

Do you think it will be possible to have B.A.T with HDD version compatible (ideally with French and English lang ?), also Maupiti in Fr ? ?

Thank you again for this awesome Atari ST work ! You're just incredible, i already donated to support your work and i will donate again to thanks you, i ask everyone to donate for helping and encouraging PP's work ? (see bottom page for donation process https://atari.8bitchip.info/ ;-) )

• Like 1