IGNORED

New game adaptations

On 12/13/2021 at 6:54 PM, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Maybe Gotek, Goex will be simpler and more reliable solution for floppy images/emulation. Or just forgetting floppies . Well, unless you are some demo fan.

I have two Mega STEs and both came with booting HDD, 1.44mb floppy disk and 4mb RAM so I can either just copy files across on DOS disks but yeah sometimes I want to try out demo disks too so need to write back .ST images. I don't really want to remove the disk drives as I also have lots of original games and some might improve in 16mhz mode, thinking being because most Amiga Cinemaware 'action' sequences are only playable on my Amiga 4000/040 lol

The real question is when I will have time to deal with it. Things getting here more and more bad - with prices, with apartment, with overall people attitude. Lot of time I loose because of selfish, cheating, lying, stealing persons, who think that can do whatever want on their position. And those who are paid from tax money (taken from good people) does almost nothing against . Will not continue ...

• 2 weeks later...

I added new instructions page at entry to adaptations DL page. This 'nastiness' is result of several e-mails and other writings, where people complain, asking things which are described on help page, linked at DL page (GAMEX usage), but somehow I don't see that majority ever clicked on it, or took effort to read. http://atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd2.php

Consider this as Xmas gift ?

• Like 1

I wonder if  it would be possible to add some trainers to IK+, like the IK+ Gold for the c64. Third player probably not possible(?), but it would be fun to play two player mode without always having to start over, when computer is not last. In one player mode too. And option to skip one or both bonus rounds.

9 hours ago, Hempsa said:

I wonder if  it would be possible to add some trainers to IK+, like the IK+ Gold for the c64. Third player probably not possible(?), but it would be fun to play two player mode without always having to start over, when computer is not last. In one player mode too. And option to skip one or both bonus rounds.

Sure possible. Only need to ask for it in proper forum. Gold is mentioned ? I will do it for 10 kilos of it !

Just to add something:  this is not one person task. Those who expect that will get everything served on silver plate, as is used to say - well, maybe you need to ask Klapauzius to do more games. My approach is different. I don't do myself complete gameplay tests in most of cases. And why should I do it ? Is it possible at all to play 1500 games thoroughly by one person ? Well, only if not doing anything else, and liking all kind of games. But more important is to act like community, to have some balance. Not only getting, taking, but giving too. 

It is easiest thing to get shocked, disgusted about how some dares to ask money for games done by others. OMG - they never were in some shop where some selling computer games. Because  that's what sellers do - earning money by selling games done by others. Ah, they have permission for it. Do sites hosting tens of thousands of diverse floppy images of games have permission to do it ? Do some of them have advertisements on their pages ?  Anyone sold 1400 games for ten bucks ? And that includes DL permissions too.

Even more absurd: there are now diverse official sites of game developers, distributors, and some have retro sections. And yes, there are Atari ST games too presented. Not only presented, but there are downloads too (for free, unlike some still sell original floppies, untouched - what are chances that 33 year floppy will be not in good shape ?) . So, official site of game owner has DL of some old Atari ST game. And guess what ? It is in big percentage some crack ! Hurra ! Ah yes, those images to DL are cracks too in some 95% cases.

So, please don't come to me with legality. Nobody cares. OK, maybe KryoFlux crew .  It is just that bureaucracy is not in touch with reality. And not only it. We have them in our Atari ST 'community' - they are those who think that they dictate rules, polite behavior. But they are shallow, and don't see under tip of iceberg. Too bad that they are not on Titanic right now ? 

I know that people is busy now with different things, rather than playing old games. But I see lot of downloads here. Is that most important - put another one in collection ASAP ?

Or worse - putting self collection together from other persons work, without any asking, permission, not even knowing important details how to make it working best. And attacking the one who did very hard work over decade, on forum controlled by unfair people. Yes, humanity is getting lower and lower . This year might be crucial.

To the end of this not pleasant writing here (there are more important things than pleasure in life) - there was compilation with 1000 games for free, together with best driver for gaming. In about 1 year there were 985 downloads. Feedback was almost zero. Most of what people asked was explained on pages - just need to look little better, and not rush to DL only.  I did my best. Did other do same ? Judge yourself.

What compilations are now for DL are much better ones. Not only because game count, but because optimized disk space usage, game start menus (2 different versions), and special compil. for TOS 1.00-1.02 (even hard disk driver is little different).  Those who write diverse shallow critics have no clue how much time all it needs.

When you do something similar, only then come with judging. All what I did read just confirms that I do right thing. All bad written is pure shallowness. But it is easier to attack someone instead doing something constructive. 

Have a nice and constructive day ?

20 hours ago, Poison said:

is possible to create HD (satan) version of urealeased game Jaguar XJ220 ?

Short answer: It is impossible to create HD version of unreleased game - because when it is unreleased you have no game available at all.

Now, let's be nice, and assume that all this is because of bad English (sorry young man from CZ, I guess you need better English teacher) . Ah, and maybe less smartphone time, less VR time ...

The reality:  interesting coincidence that it came up right yesterday, when I saw some silly thread at some 'great' forum, controlled by people who don't like free speech, different opinions, or GOD save us - saying something not praising about legendary Atari people, their friends ...

Or their friends work:  I wrote there in 2009 about this game - it was finished by someone and published at atarimania and some other sites, I guess. And I played it little, then made worst possible thing what human being can do: wrote my opinion, experience. In that forum. As excuse I can say simple thing: I really did not expect that they are such big egomaniacs and so unfair. I got warning that should not write bad things about game finished by someone in 'Atari ST scene' - all bad I wrote was that I did not like gameplay.

So, for what forums are ? To praise those at top of pyramid ? Those close to forum staff ? This is worst thing possible, and is in fact something like dictatorship, dictated opinion and speech of people - was typical in so called communistic countries - which were not it of course. Talked about equality, but those at top had much more money and other material goods than ordinary people, plus control, freedom to break low, etc.  Yes, that at that forum is just disgusting. And result is visible - lot of useless threads, pointless talking, and personal attacks against people unable to say something in their defense.  In short - very far from democracy, legal fairness. Reminds on witch hunting in Salem.

So, concrete answer to Poison (nice name, btw ? ) : yes, it is possible. And it is possible that someone else do it, too.  In this case, it is only chance actually. Because I will not waste my time with this in best case mediocre game. There is lot of smartheads who heavily criticized me because diverse things. Well, try to do something useful, something challenging -  create HD (satan) version of Jaguar XJ220 . And take care that it works only with adapters having 'satan' in their name ?    What is common in HD and satan ?

Maybe HD is abbrev of hard degradation (this years) ? So, Usual Suspects was right ! Devil really exists !

So, dear users of other's work without permission, even asking about it, who consider self as fair, polite, etc - here is chance to prove that you can do self something constructive, something more hard and  more complex than doing copying of files, putting them online - and that was made a lot much earlier before 2021 - some made compilations while there were compilations from me, for free (as wrote, over 900 downloads only of one) - often it was done not so good, and the reason was partially low knowledge about Atari TOS, hard disk filesystem, and like. 

So, please do it for Poison (bad word here, but hey, it's not me who named him) , for community - hard disk patch (adaptation, conversion) of Jaguar XJ220 .

From my side I can promise 2 things:  will not include it on my site, any of my compilations (as did not include so far any of ULS Cons. patches and others) - why should I do it when their sites work fine ? Why to use others work to make some credit for self ? Yes, it's not only money what people want so eagerly .

Hi Poison,

Yes, as a Core fan myself, it was cool to see the development version of XJ220 released.  I was looking forward to a hard drive adapted version also, but as Peter says, he is not interested in doing it so that is what it is.

There is at least a D-Bug hard drive version floating around somewhere for their ULS loading system.  Not sure where I found it, but I won't post it in this thread.  PM me if you want to try it.

This D-Bug version has some problems though (only running on TOS 1.02 and 1.04, etc) which is sad.  That is why Peter's versions are better as they are more compatible.

Here is the file in question, just if anyone else wants it.

I have no idea if this is working on a satan.

That would need the skills of Peter to do it correctly. ;)

XJ220 ULS HD Installable

- So just like nearly all the other entries in their database, the HD installable field is wrong for this one too.
Note: Not fixed for Falcon/TT (And not likely to be either) - Needs lots of RAM (The 'original' did as well)

xj220uls_v2.zip

I spent almost whole this day with making YT videos, new pages with screenshots, cover scans etc, for 5 quality games. 4 of them are updated to new HAGA system months ago.

They are:  Purple Saturn Day,  Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back (abbrev is SW2), Star Wars Return of the Jedi (SW3), Moon Patrol  and  Buggy Boy (vers. from 2012 stay) .

YT videos are recorded from Mega STE with regular TOS 2.06, 2 MB RAM, with ACSI2STM adapter and 16 GB micro SD card (only 2 GB used in this case). Boot, driver start and game start menu are shown in action. Game menu works with all regular TOS versions starting from 1.04 .

So, yes, I have what to do for next months too. Quantity is already there, some quality too. Now is time to focus little more on quality/presentation parts ?

You can see all mentioned games here on usual place ...

Local finnish magazine reviewed Jaguar as challenger of Lotus back in the day, and I have to agree, it was crap, even on amiga. Really big disappointment, of course some may have a different opinion. Thanks for the Italy 1990, it was one of my favourites before Sensible Soccer, will give it a try. I did not mean to be disrespectful, when I wonderer about ik+ trainers, I'm very thankful of the hard work you have done and you have made it possible to play (Lassard quote) many many of my favourites from HD, and still continue to do so. TOS 2.16i was probably one of my best purchases too, floppy compatibility in my MegaSTe is just amazing. And if sound like an asskisser, that is not my intention :)

4 hours ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Barbarian 2 and Potsworth & Co. are already converted in the collection.

Tiger Road is missing.  Hopefully Peter can convert it sometime.

Thanks, Postworth is available :)

But I can´t locate "Barbarian 2 (The sidescrolling adventure) ";  I only found Barbarian 2 (1 vs 1 fighting)

Can you show us the SCRHs webpage of Barbarian 2?

Edited by masteries