IGNORED

New game adaptations

Thanx .mad. - after some tries it worked, but joystick was not happy about ?   And disappointment - it was end of game. As I see, Amiga version has more levels. Maybe it is because ST version is on single sided floppy ?

On site is now updated v. , without highscore part.

On 1/16/2022 at 5:50 AM, Philsan said:

Thanks you.

High score doesn't have names and scores.

Out of curiosity, do you know why that white line appears on intro screen?

BMP file doesn't have it.

High score is removed, as said above.  That line appears because some rarely appearing bug in converter SW for ST(E) high-color screens. Maybe there was some less visible noise ... Will correct later. This was too time demanding. No more fight games, pls.  There is enough fight with all greedy people in shops and banks ...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Philsan said:

Karate Kid II must be a bad beast.

I tested the latest version with and without unlimited lives and the game hanged when the second bonus stage (where you should break ice) appeared.

I passed it couple times. Few words about config on which you tested, pls.  And it still may need floppy drive and disk in it ...

I would like to close this game case. Just want to be sure about how many levels it has really.

10 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

I passed it couple times. Few words about config on which you tested, pls.  And it still may need floppy drive and disk in it ...

I would like to close this game case. Just want to be sure about how many levels it has really.

Atari STE 4MB 1.62 Italian, no disk in disk drive, masteries external hard disk with your driver, partition D (on boot I press D letter) with only games in folders.

Thanks!

I tested it more, and also from STX image.  That level with Chosen is the last one.

Philsan, I think you might DL-ed earlier version. Latest RUNME.TOS has date Jan 17 2022. 3810 bytes.

And that line in cover scan converted for Atari screen is very stubborn - some still appears after I corrected pic, even after removed lower white part of kid's shirt.  I will need other cover scan, I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

And that line in cover scan converted for Atari screen is very stubborn - some still appears after I corrected pic, even after removed lower white part of kid's shirt.

i just cleaned up the image reducing the colours.

maybe it works?

KK240R320.bmpKK240R.BMP

Edited by .mad.
pic
  • Like 1

The files on my PC are dated 17th January, on the Atari RUNME.TOS is 3810 bytes.

The game hanged when the second bonus stage (where you have to break ice) appeared, not on the final stage with Chosen.

Perhaps it's my Atari or the loading device, thanks!

2 hours ago, Philsan said:

Here's where the game hangs, on real hardware and on Hatari with the same configuration (photo and screenshot).

As written, no problem if the game's too hard to adapt to my hardware.

I see Drive A: light active in your Hatari pic.

On 1/20/2022 at 9:21 PM, Philsan said:

Atari STE 4MB 1.62 Italian,

no disk in disk drive,

It was mentioned earier to put a blank formatted disk in drive A.

This also solved problem for me, with 3 or 4 other adapted games in the past that failed to load.

• Like 1

I checked it little more, with diverse floppy configs.

It works without attached floppy drive. Works if there is drive and formatted disk in it. Works if after reset there is disk in drive, and is removed when desktop appears. Works not when no disk in drive during reset.  And latest is not recommended anyway - better to have there some disk - some other SW may not liking empty floppy drive. 

The reason is for sure not so good game code - and this is from 1986 . I don't know is something changed in later releases - they are not available at atarimania.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Thanx complicated.

I compared content with Microdeal release, and code, game data is same.  So, not improved, it's same version.

Before it found SCP image and tried it in little older Steem SSE Boiler version - and funny thing, it froze at that icebreak level.  Maybe ice is set to too cold ?

good one lol

9 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Thanx complicated.

I compared content with Microdeal release, and code, game data is same.  So, not improved, it's same version.

Before it found SCP image and tried it in little older Steem SSE Boiler version - and funny thing, it froze at that icebreak level.  Maybe ice is set to too cold ?

Yeah i suspected it would be the same but worth a shot anyway :)

I love .scp by the way, i have all my original games backed up as SCP images. It was well worth the 30 euro i spent for my Greazeweazle v4 to keep safe backups of fragile original disks. You need a good floppy drive though, ive tested almost all brands there is and in my opinion Samsung is superior to all other drives, even better than Sony MPF920 and Panasonic.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

New releases of Future Wars:  http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/fuws.html

With STE DMA audio tracks - which missing from all known cracks, btw.  So, will make floppy version too next days.

Not from all known cracks... Get your facts straight. ?

Spanish/english/french DMA soundtrack versions attached.

fut_es_a.zip fut_es_b.zip fut_es_c.zip futsnd_a.zip futsnd_b.zip futsnd_c.zip voysnd_a.zip voysnd_b.zip voysnd_c.zip

Edited by Atariforce
precisions about attachements

3 hours ago, Atariforce said:

Uh oh... you just offended the king of douchebags (sorry, I don't know the Hungarian equivalent of "douchebag").....

But we all better "Duck and Cover"

Welcome to you're "DOOM!"

• Haha 1