IGNORED

New game adaptations

34 minutes ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Anyone knows some good source of audio tracks for B.A.T. (1) , if possible stereo ?

i can rip the audio from here (wav, mp3), if that's usable for your needs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cYJGTL0QrE

Thannnnnnkkkkkkk uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu'''''''''''''rrrrrrrrrrrr the best Peeeeeeeteeeeeerrrr ze master ultimate kiiiiiiiiiiiiing my eternal gratiiiiiiituuuuuude you've just done the dream of my life and many atari french men ! just remembering    ubi soft dev team signing my bat physical edition when i was 11 (in 1985) and now 37 years later i can run it with the same 1040 ste (but with ultra satan). I will play it until the end of course, Peter president of the wooooorld !!!!!

thxxxxxxxxxxx

Kisses from Paris/France

• Like 1

I can only test with Steem :

Don't know if it can help but i tested with steem + short TOS name (by example "tos106uk.img"), but when i choose long one ("TOS v1.06 (1989)(Atari Corp)(STE)(UK).img") all run fine, but i could be other steem trouble.

So i think the same thing as you may be tos is ram is not in english, sorry i don't have any UK tos.

1 Steem__011.bmp

Edited by eLLuiGi

Thank you so much!

Final Fight port is a sad history; graphically is good for the release time,

performance is not good, but playability is tremendously horrible and it ruins the game.

Edited by masteries

On 3/30/2022 at 12:20 PM, Atari8guy said:

So a little more info... If I play off the Automation 161 disk, there is opening music during the title screen and bat and glove noises in addition to crowd noise (when an out is recorded or a run is scored), off the crack you provided (and thank you by the way) there is only the crowd noise.  No music, no bat or glove noise.

Added: The youtube video matches the crack in music/sound behavior but not the Automation version.

PLM - Any further thoughts on Hardball! ?  

I tried Au. 161. and don't hear any of opening music and those noises.

I did not provide crack. I provided exact same files as those on original release.

So, this is really something strange.  Maybe you should provide more info about exact config on what running it. It may be different versions of game.

I used both STX images at atarimania.

41 minutes ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

I tried Au. 161. and don't hear any of opening music and those noises.

I did not provide crack. I provided exact same files as those on original release.

So, this is really something strange.  Maybe you should provide more info about exact config on what running it. It may be different versions of game.

I used both STX images at atarimania.

I only compared your crack to the Automation 161 disk.  My only ST setup at the moment is an STe, TOS 2.06, 4MB Ram, with an Adspeed Accelerator - I've tried with it on and with it off, no difference Automation has sound, crack does not.  

I analyzed this - and must say that this is one of stoopidest solutions.  Despite it says that is from 1987, it is some quick update of game from 1989-1990 . And sound play code is really stoopid, and works not with TOS 1.02-1.04 (did not check 1.00) . 1.62 is where it works, and 512 KB is enough. With 2.06 may need 1 MB - not relevant for this hard disk adaptation - what uses TOS 1.04 in RAM - and that's why sound worked not.  Not clear are STX images at atarimania images of original releases or of hacks - probably both is in case - they did some quick hack of game, tested with STE, and super - works ...  I even thought first that sound is maybe STE only (DMA) - nope .

Anyway, I made quick fix, so now there is sound in my hard disk adapt - DL it at same place.

Will do fixed version for floppies too - that needs some repackings ...