IGNORED

New game adaptations

5 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Well, this is game with little sound. I don't think that I did anything about sounds in this. Check YT video of floppy version.

So a little more info... If I play off the Automation 161 disk, there is opening music during the title screen and bat and glove noises in addition to crowd noise (when an out is recorded or a run is scored), off the crack you provided (and thank you by the way) there is only the crowd noise.  No music, no bat or glove noise.

Added: The youtube video matches the crack in music/sound behavior but not the Automation version.

Edited by Atari8guy
Added info:

First of all thank you very much for your work on the games, ParanoidLittleMan. I appreciate your work and I´m impressed by the great number of enjoyable games for Hdd.

I have an issue with an old adaptation from you, ProTennisTour 2, and wanted to give you feedback. I´m playing it with an MegaSt 4 with Tos 1.04 and with an 1040 StE with 4 Meg Ram and Tos 2.06. In both cases the game states if you wan´t to chose the female player that only one sort is possible because of low ram. And if I remember right, there were more sound effects in the original version (e. g. Referee stating the score). I think the game has problems with the "big" ram of 4 Meg. What do you think?

Greetings

On 3/30/2022 at 2:19 PM, stokowski said:

First of all thank you very much for your work on the games, ParanoidLittleMan. I appreciate your work and I´m impressed by the great number of enjoyable games for Hdd.

I have an issue with an old adaptation from you, ProTennisTour 2, and wanted to give you feedback. I´m playing it with an MegaSt 4 with Tos 1.04 and with an 1040 StE with 4 Meg Ram and Tos 2.06. In both cases the game states if you wan´t to chose the female player that only one sort is possible because of low ram. And if I remember right, there were more sound effects in the original version (e. g. Referee stating the score). I think the game has problems with the "big" ram of 4 Meg. What do you think?

Greetings

I noticed some problems with different RAM sizes when dealt with it. Will need little more time to examine it in detail.

On 3/30/2022 at 11:20 AM, Atari8guy said:

So a little more info... If I play off the Automation 161 disk, there is opening music during the title screen and bat and glove noises in addition to crowd noise (when an out is recorded or a run is scored), off the crack you provided (and thank you by the way) there is only the crowd noise.  No music, no bat or glove noise.

Added: The youtube video matches the crack in music/sound behavior but not the Automation version.

I noticed the same lack of sound, except for the crowd noise, on the hard drive adaptation. I computers it with the STX on AtariMania.  Having it run off a hard disk is worth the sacrifice. It would be nice if he had time to look at what happened. It might be a simple change. 

Bob C

On 4/1/2022 at 2:48 PM, ParanoidLittleMan said:

2 less known games:

Window Wizard - I really have no clue how to play it.

Top Banana - uses STE DMA for sound if runs on it.

OMG, Top Bannana!  I haven't thought about that game in like 30 years!  Weird but fun if I remember correctly.  I'll be playing this at the weekend.

Thanks @ParanoidLittleMan for all your hard work with these hard drive adaptions.  They are really appreciated.

Hi Peter,

thank you again for your wonderful work. My kids and I are enjoying the games. For your Info:

- The new version of Protennis Tour 2 is unfortunately  again announcing "Not enough memory" for woman and man character on the 4 MB MegaST and STE.

- The "Worldgames" crash in the subgame "barrel jumping", even if you direct select this subgame in the start menu.

Greetings and thanks for working on all the hundreds of games on your website,

stokowski

Edited by stokowski

On 4/18/2022 at 9:33 AM, stokowski said:

Hi Peter,

thank you again for your wonderful work. My kids and I are enjoying the games. For your Info:

- The new version of Protennis Tour 2 is unfortunately  again announcing "Not enough memory" for woman and man character on the 4 MB MegaST and STE.

- The "Worldgames" crash in the subgame "barrel jumping", even if you direct select this subgame in the start menu.

Greetings and thanks for working on all the hundreds of games on your website,

stokowski

Don't se problems with character selection in Pro Tennis Tour 2. Can you describe how exactly you select characters, from very start of game ?

Tested World Games, and it appears that barrel jumping needs 1 MB RAM when running from floppy, while some other events work with half MB too. In case of running from hard disk it means 2 MB min. So, I changed memory config. And tested all events - work fine, although needs some time and practice to be good ..   At atarimania it says that this is 0.5 MB game.

DL page with updated v.

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

if you click after the start of PTT2 the second icon in the left row (see attached picture) and work on the characters of player 1 and player 2 and use for player 1 male and for player 2 female character, I get with my 4 MB MegaST and STE the message, that I not have enough memory for the different characters. I can only choose male or female for all. It´s otherwise well playable, but I think there are more sample effects in the game than here offered (if I remember the disk-version correct) because the programm detects low memory. If you want to leave the game with the exit button (low in the attached picture), you go in a "loop" back in the game.

Thanks for the new version of WorldGames. I will test them with my MegaST 4.

Greetings and thanks for all your commitment to the Atari ST community,

stokowski

ptt2.jpg

OK, so it with Pro Tennis Tour 2 seems also as case of game needing 1 MB RAM for some situation(s) . Made new launcher:

PRT2RUN2.ZIP

Copy it in game's DIR and start game with it. It needs min 2 MB RAM.  I tried with mixed female and male opponents and it worked.

Can not judge about music - this game is new for me.

Here to add that it is not so relevant how much RAM is in machine. From diverse reasons RAM for game must be limited, and it is better when it is less - so in most cases it is 512 KB. Too bad that we don't have enough detailed info about game's RAM needs, so it is often matter of trying, testing ..

And don't use game's option to exit game - that crashes in most cases. There is much better exit - key * on NumPad, what will restore state before game start.

• Like 1