IGNORED

New game adaptations

I hope everything will be processed soon. There were many things to deal with it in last couple months. And sadly, lot of it was just because bad, greedy people, which present self as some helping ones.

Please write game titles exactly as they are - I did not find Activision Shanghai because of missing h .

Damn computers are very demanding ! ?

14 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

English  Chess Champion 2175 added :   http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/chessch.html

Thank you so much for this.

Is it fully deprotected? When i was playing your french version i just pushed "Enter" when the screen appeared where you should type something from the manual and then it only played att half strenght.

11 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Usual way is to type in few characters in such cases, then Enter.

How can I see actual strength ?

You have to be fairly good in chess to see the playing strenght of the computer. Normally a game like this with a strong engine will play perfectly and beat you most of the time, but with half strenght it will starting making stupid moves like giving away important pieces like the Queen and so on.

I will do some proper testing soon and report back. Been busy lately repairing and Mega STE which i overpaid for and it was a wreck, just got everything working so now i can finally have some fun.

On 11/25/2021 at 8:27 PM, ParanoidLittleMan said:

English  Chess Champion 2175 added :   http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/chessch.html

Ok i did some testing and the deprotection does not work. I`ve tried starting the game just pushing "enter" and the computer plays like a 5 year old making stupid moves, also tried typing some words and letters and the result is the same, computer plays crazy moves. Also the mouse was very buggy, this was fixed by replacing your T14AG.FIC file with the latest version from october, same one that fixed the problems with Psion Chess.

Thanx. It's my mistake to not use latest T14AG.FIC here. French version is online over a year,  but nobody reported poor playing level of computer. So, there is more protection here. I really can not test self it better - never was some chess player, and time is factor too.  Will do more tracing, and manual codes pdf will be good help .

7 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Thanx. It's my mistake to not use latest T14AG.FIC here. French version is online over a year,  but nobody reported poor playing level of computer. So, there is more protection here. I really can not test self it better - never was some chess player, and time is factor too.  Will do more tracing, and manual codes pdf will be good help .

Well i don`t think many people playing chess games at Atari ST and if someone is testing for fun they cannot see the difference between a powerful playing computer and a weaker one. I`m not a professional chess player, my father thought me when i was very young and then i started playing Chessmaster 2000 on the Atari, got beaten most of the times and still do :) Over some time i got a little better and was lucky enough to beat the computer a couple of times, i was alot better when i was younger but im still good enough to see if the computer plays at full power or not.

Let me know if you find anything with the protection and i will help out with the testing.

Did  Emlyn Hughes International Soccer   EMLHINTS.ZIP

It is not complete, but is playable. Keyboard code is very weird, so I did not solve yet exit to Desktop from game and state saves. Additionally I'm lost in game's mouse controlled menu and some selections there . So, pls. test it.  Saves don't work too.

This is very hard case, lot of strange solutions in code.  And sorry for not so good intro pic - couldn't find anything in good quality.

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2021 at 9:10 PM, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Did  Emlyn Hughes International Soccer   EMLHINTS.ZIP

It is not complete, but is playable. Keyboard code is very weird, so I did not solve yet exit to Desktop from game and state saves. Additionally I'm lost in game's mouse controlled menu and some selections there . So, pls. test it.  Saves don't work too.

This is very hard case, lot of strange solutions in code.  And sorry for not so good intro pic - couldn't find anything in good quality.

Thank you very much!

This is a high valued soccer game: no-look passes, kicks with height, direction and strenght control, backheels, headers, tackles, skills, fitness, editable shirts and flesh color...

But it is necessary to read the manual, especially to know how to select you team... (hint, go to Game/Edit team, click on Played by and enter your name).

BTW, a good ASCII version of the manual is here. It's for CPC but keys are correct for Atari. If you'd like I can check it and then you can add to game's folder.

EDIT: I've compared CPC txt manual with Amiga/ST pdf manual and there are some differences. I am making an Amiga/ST txt manual.

I tested the game and it works.

If possible please find a way to enable saves because you can edit teams names, shirts and players.

Okay, here's a request and it's probably a next to impossible one but

as the old saying goes, "you don't know if you don't ask"....

Considering that MIDI support is already built into Ultima III and Ultima

IV, is it possible to put that same code for MIDI support into Ultima V and

Ultima VI?

I realize that this is probably asking a lot but both games with the MIDI

support sound so great when piped through a Roland MT-32.   :)

I really never dealt with MIDI on Atari ST machines. Even don't know which emulator emulates it well. And that would be first part of this: to make it work for me. Other solution is that you send me Roland MT-32 ?

Surely will be not able to deal with this soon. Some projects, adaptations need to be finished. Here is currently food misery in advantage. While prices go higher and higher, quality goes lower. Government talking about 5% inflation this year, but that's far from reality. Especially food, meal prices went up much more. I needed to change hash-house twice in last 2 months.

And now the Omicron conspiracy ... (just to stay at topic ?  ) .  Only 3 weeks until Soylent Green year.

I understand. I actually figured on it not being possible from the start.

The only thing that I could see that would help was that the code already

exists in Ultima's III and IV.

I know your time is limited, that's easy to understand.

Thanks for all the work you do on game titles and continuing to support

the Atari community, appreciated.  :)

• Like 1

Did not get some hint about what, how to use for MIDI emulation. So, in Steem 3.2 I see this in MIDI settings: " ... Any program that attempts to send raw data over the MIDI ports (for example a MIDI network game) will not work.)  + that only MIDI messages are supported.

I guess that it should work for case of music via MIDI, so mentioned Ultima games . Yes, I just want to save some time. Experiences ?

I tried with Steem 3.2 . There are diverse settings, even sound volume for MIDI. But Ultima 4 did not produce MIDI music, just usual PSG (YM) one.

There are options to use PC parallel, serial port, and like - not usable by people without MIDI music device.

It looks that Ultima MIDI works in way not supported by Steem. And most likely same stays for Hatari.  So, sorry, I can not do it.

9 hours ago, oky2000 said:

I really need to 

a) sort out an old PC to write out some ST floppies

b) finish my house so I can set up my Mega STE and start enjoying all these great fixes/updates!

Maybe Gotek, Goex will be simpler and more reliable solution for floppy images/emulation. Or just forgetting floppies . Well, unless you are some demo fan.