Sign in to follow this  
Rev

What Wii games would be good Amico ports?

I loved this game when it came out on Wii. Was a great party type game, and you just tilted the controller. It doesnt need a camera for controller pointing. 

So a similar marble maze type of game would utilize the Amico controller fine considering the limitations. 

• Like 2

Another good port would be Target Toss Pro. 

• Haha 1

Power Putt Arcade. 

• Like 1

I mentioned this a long time ago in the main thread, but getting this license is the first step toward a killer app.

11 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Boom Blox was always a favorite with my family.

I never owned it but a friend had it and it was really great. It uses the pointer of the Wiimote and the sensor bar, though, so it would be difficult to replicate on the Amico.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I never owned it but a friend had it and it was really great. It uses the pointer of the Wiimote and the sensor bar, though, so it would be difficult to replicate on the Amico.

If cornhole is any indication, a lot of Wii games might be hard to replicate.

Boom Blox would be hard to implement, but I think you could still do the throwing objects part. CG51 you can use a joycon to point and shoot at balloons on the screen. Use same idea for "Amico Blox" and release of the button locks your target. Then it's all about the motion.

11 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

Animal Crossing.

It doesn't get much more casual or family friendly than that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just my 2 cents but I thought people were trying to get away from the Nintendo switch/Wii debate. I personally wouldn't even consider any direct ports !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

It doesn't get much more casual or family friendly than that.

No way! Thats a game for just the most hardcore of the hardcores! I spent about 100 hrs on the 3ds one.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Yarzzz said:

No way! Thats a game for just the most hardcore of the hardcores! I spent about 100 hrs on the 3ds one.

I wish that was a joke, but it's not.  LOL.  It's one of the Nintendo's most famous games next to Zelda and the Mario series.  The demand was insane for a Switch versoin.  I was on the waitlist to get it for my 20 year old daughter who loved the 1st version on the Wii.  When I went with her to pick it up at our local Game Stop, the line was out the door.  She still plays around with it when she has time, 2 years later. Great game and worth the money for sure!

Endless Ocean was another Wii game that sadly never saw further development.  If you're a Scuba diver, or have kids that love the Ocean from watching Nemo and SpongeBob, it was a must have.  Some of the best graphics and interactive game play I've ever seen in a console game that wasn't all about guns or war.

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

Endless Ocean was another Wii game that sadly never saw further development.  If you're a Scuba diver, or have kids that love the Ocean from watching Nemo and SpongeBob, it was a must have.  Some of the best graphics and interactive game play I've ever seen in a console game that wasn't all about guns or war.

You need to check out Abzu. It is a beautiful game and I played it on my Switch. My kid likes fish and theres a setting that you unlock where you can meditate and just watch the fish.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

Endless Ocean was another Wii game that sadly never saw further development

It got a very good sequel though, but nothing after alas... Airka has been quite busy since, but I wish they would make a new one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

You need to check out Abzu. It is a beautiful game and I played it on my Switch. My kid likes fish and theres a setting that you unlock where you can meditate and just watch the fish.

looks really good.  I will.  I'm sure she'd like this!  Thanks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

It got a very good sequel though, but nothing after alas... Airka has been quite busy since, but I wish they would make a new one.

I think we had that one as well.. Blue something or another.  That series was fantastic... well, if you like relaxing games.  Lol.

2 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Cornhole!

446903-target-toss-pro-bags-wii-front-cover.jpg.338a94c611075fce55d3df2a183d8e60.jpg

....what?

That is Bags, not Cornhole. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 8/6/2021 at 9:04 AM, Cebus Capucinis said:

Cornhole!

446903-target-toss-pro-bags-wii-front-cover.jpg.338a94c611075fce55d3df2a183d8e60.jpg

....what?

Tea Bagged GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

• Confused 1

On 8/4/2021 at 2:36 PM, Jetsream1969 said:

Just my 2 cents but I thought people were trying to get away from the Nintendo switch/Wii debate. I personally wouldn't even consider any direct ports !

I agree.  

I say zero wii ports.

Amico does not need any wii ports.

32 minutes ago, Bonkey Kong said:

I agree.  

I say zero wii ports.

Amico does not need any wii ports.

I look at it what type of games does it need to be more like the Wii.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I look at it what type of games does it need to be more like the Wii.

I think the Amico is something different than anything else we have ever seen and needs to be it's own thing.

So yeah if we are talking types of games but newly developed games and not wii ports, yes I am with you on that wavelength for sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bonkey Kong said:

I think the Amico is something different than anything else we have ever seen and needs to be it's own thing.

So yeah if we are talking types of games but newly developed games and not wii ports, yes I am with you on that wavelength for sure.

See I disagree I think it very much is like things we've already seen. I haven't seen enough of Bomb Squad but not many of the games are really different than stuff already out there.

IMO even the Switch could use more motion games. People might not have used the name, Astrosmash, Moon Patrol on games but that doesn't mean I can't find games that are adjacent in nature.

The controller doesn't make the games automatically different. If you really wanted to split hairs that has been done by WiiU and NDS in their own ways.

• Like 3

Not sure about "porting" them, but someone needs to take a strong look at the Boom Blox games and figure out how to give Amico some of that.

And depending on how the screens work on the controller, maybe the Trauma Center games.

• Like 1