IGNORED

FujiNet nubie questions

KLund1

Sorry for the nubie questions. But just got my Fujinet 1.3 unit and just starting to use it.

First thing is the quick start page appears broken. no joy on Chrome, firefox, or Andriod phone

https://fujinet.online/#post-inner

I wanted to see what the buttons are for and what combinations of presses do what.

How to access the SD card I inserted into it.

I am able to connect fujinet to wifi. I can connect to atari-apps.irata.online.I can put DOS 2.5 in drive slot one. I select W option.

When I 'boot' I hear dos loading. I am then in BASIC. I type DOS and it goes to selftest. Why not DOS? I saw the Fujinet load the dos file into device 11

How can I set it up to load files at the very fast speed shown in this video. I just get 'normal' load rate

Thanks for your understating and for the help.

More questions

In the above video at about the 6 minute mark he load NCD what is this?

Next he magically loads AtariWriter. What steps did he use to do that? does not a warm boot remove the NCD settings?

He, a bit later, says he has his admin setup for a 1027 printer. How is that done?

Also I am no good with network stuff. My desktop is wired directly to my router. Fujinet is connected to the hotspot on my phone. They can't connect to eachother?

If I connect fujinet to the router wifi, can my desktop connect to it? If so, or when I can what address do I use?

How to get back out of an application or game to the Fujinet menu without switching off the computer?

I have an Ultimate cart. How can I use that with the Fujinet?

When I am in atari-apps.irata.online how to filter a large directory for files that start with ST for example?

Again many thanks for any help with my many questions.

Hi, Fujinet is a wonderful hardware and software system that has endless possibilities. I recommend that you first familiarize yourself with the most basic options. For this I recommend that you read here:

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki

Every time you will discover more and more options and you will be as delighted as I am with your new ATARI system, bringing together the past with the 21st century.

• Like 1

Thanks

That is a lot of help !!

All questions answered above

Except:

-In the above video at about the 6 minute mark he load NCD what is this? I understand about this now.

Next he magically loads AtariWriter. What steps did he use to do that?

-How to get back out of an application or game to the Fujinet menu without switching off the computer?

-When I am in atari-apps.irata.online how to filter a large directory for files that start with ST for example?

New questions

-how to move (if possible) Drive Slot 4 to 1 and 1 to 4, for example, so it will boot. Or can it boot from drive slot 4? (seems unlikely as you normally cant boot from D4)

Again thanks everyone!

Thanks

Swamping disk manually would be ejecting both slots. navigating to site then sub-directory and find file (how to filter?) put in new slot. Rinse and repeat for other slot. That seems time consuming.

While in the TNFS Host List, press tab to get to drive slots, and pressing I assume is A button, nothing happens. How to rotate with button?

I can't find any docs about connecting with blutooth on the github wiki or fujinet wiki.

Reading on the one of the wiki's, fujinet has a problem loading AtariWriter, SO  how did the guy do it in the video above?

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2021 at 2:01 PM, KLund1 said:

Thanks

Swamping disk manually would be ejecting both slots. navigating to site then sub-directory and find file (how to filter?) put in new slot. Rinse and repeat for other slot. That seems time consuming.

While in the TNFS Host List, press tab to get to drive slots, and pressing I assume is A button, nothing happens. How to rotate with button?

I can't find any docs about connecting with blutooth on the github wiki or fujinet wiki.

Reading on the one of the wiki's, fujinet has a problem loading AtariWriter, SO  how did the guy do it in the video above?

I power FujiNet over USB, which keeps it powered, so you can mount your disks, and set things up, before powering down the system and inserting an AtariWriter cartridge.

-Thom