Rev

Amico launch date countdown!

3 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Since we are now in August I would expect we will get some updated news about the launch this month.  I believe Tommy said he had until the end of July to figure out if 10/10/21 could happen.  

It was this time last year when they announced the delay. Maybe the update will be soon.

• Like 2

Yep, figured we'd get that update soon.   Obviously no way to spin this unfortunate news as a positive.  Hopefully they can ship some units later this year. 

• Like 2

No real surprise, but the lack of new date is the most concerning part. Oh well, it gets here when it gets here I guess. 

Not saying I need preferential treatment, but if the Founder's Editions at least were to ship before years end... 🙂

Man, if only this had been released before the world spent 2 years in lock down. If we ever needed couch co-op... 

• Like 1

I just got email from Intellivision saying it'll be delayed but they hope to get all the pre orders out by the end of the year. It also said expect a special gift through your email next week. I pre ordered on Gamestop does that still qualify for the end of the year and special gift?

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Oneinchbiceps said:

I just got email from Intellivision saying it'll be delayed but they hope to get all the pre orders out by the end of the year. It also said expect a special gift through your email next week. I pre ordered on Gamestop does that still qualify for the end of the year and special gift?

My guess is they are talking about the Founder Editions and are aiming for a soft launch.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I know I normally behave properly, but I wanted to get that out there for various reasons. Now it is time for my serious post.

Not really surprising, given everything. I will continue to wait patiently like a reasonably mature human. I waited patiently for StarCraft: Ghost, and we all know what happened with that. I am still waiting patiently for Star Citizen. I waited for close to 2 decades for Metroid 5. I can wait a little longer for the Amico. If they ship the FE units, yay, happy! Can't wait for it. If not, I'll wait. Sucks for the non-FE humans that are waiting for it, but I'll wait.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, I know I normally behave properly, but I wanted to get that out there for various reasons. Now it is time for my serious post.

Not really surprising, given everything. I will continue to wait. I waited patiently for StarCraft: Ghost. I am still waiting patiently for Star Citizen. I waited for close to 2 decades for Metroid 5. I can wait a little longer for the Amico.

Do you ever feel like you are drawn to projects that are doomed to be delayed? Are you waiting for Sega to release another console?

• Like 3

Just now, MrBeefy said:

Do you ever feel like you are drawn to projects that are doomed to be delayed? Are you waiting for Sega to release another console?

Not really, although perhaps I should. Still, the Marines and StarCraft: Ghost taught me patience. Several years of daily "hurry up and wait" will do that to you.

Sega's hardware division is dead. I don't expect them to ever make a new system, but if they do, I ABSOLUTELY PROMISE that I will be among the very first humans in line to get one as long as I'm alive. Like if they ever do and I somehow become an astronaut and I'm in space or on another planet or whatever, you'd better believe I'm hijacking my space vehicle to return to Earth for launch day.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Not really, although perhaps I should. Still, the Marines and StarCraft: Ghost taught me patience. Several years of daily "hurry up and wait" will do that to you.

Sega's hardware division is dead. I don't expect them to ever make a new system, but if they do, I ABSOLUTELY PROMISE that I will be among the very first humans in line to get one as long as I'm alive. Like if they ever do and I somehow become an astronaut and I'm in space or on another planet or whatever, you'd better believe I'm hijacking my space vehicle to return to Earth for launch day.

So that's a yes?

I really don't think Sega getting back into consoles would be as smooth as people think. The only thing that would help them is they still have a hand in the arcades.

3 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

I told you it was delayed again!!!111111one111111

Anyone who didn't expect a delay really need to pay attention to the signs. I highly doubt anyone is surprised by the news.

• Thanks 3

Just now, MrBeefy said:

So that's a yes?

I really don't think Sega getting back into consoles would be as smooth as people think. The only thing that would help them is they still have a hand in the arcades.

It's a coin toss and I unfortunately don't have any money on me right now. You can flip one for me~

Yeah, Sega's not getting back into hardware any time soon. Their arcades are also dying because of the current state of the planet. They closed one in Akiba that was right next to Akihabara Station last December or so. They also sold... something really important related to their arcade business recently. I forget what it was. I don't typically go to arcades because it's usually 100 yen per credit and I don't feel like going bankrupt on arcade games.

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

My guess is they are talking about the Founder Editions and are aiming for a soft launch.

Yeah that's what I kinda figure but thought doesn't hurt to ask. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Preorders could be as high as 20k units or more.  That sounds like a lot to make with the problems they are currently having.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

Expected, but still disappointing and frustrating.  I wish I could still believe it's all pandemic-related.  A soft launch would be ideal at this point.

Posted (edited)

Its truly sad seeing how these middle aged men are so emotionally invested in the Amico that they keep swallowing all the crap that Tommy feeds them with a smile on their faces. They truly believe they are a part of this and Tommy cares for them🤧.

Edited by Yarzzz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Yarzzz said:

Its truly sad seeing how these middle aged men are so emotionally invested in the Amico that they keep swallowing all the crap that Tommy feeds them with a smile on their faces. They truly believe they are a part of this and Tommy cares for them🤧.

You know what might be even sadder? People who claim they aren't emotionally invested, and aren't interested at all in this console, and yet keep visiting these forums to make fun of all these smiling, crap swallowing, middle aged men and the console they're excited to play when it comes out. 🤔 Just sayin. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cmart604 said:

You know what might be even sadder? People who claim they aren't emotionally invested, and aren't interested at all in this console, and yet keep visiting these forums to make fun of all these smiling, crap swallowing, middle aged men and the console they're excited to play when it comes out. 🤔 Just sayin. 

You know what is even sadder than that.  People defending middle aged men who keep listening to Tommy. Sorry,  just had to do that. Tommy is a bit of a snake oil guy. He would do better to be more truthful like the rest of his company is.

• Thanks 2

You know what's the saddest?

Sad kittens.

adorable GIF

Every disagreement on this site predictably turns into "LOL I don't care so much I'm posting about how much I don't care!"

So when's the Amico coming out now?

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Now the Atari VCS and Amico have another thing in common.

Tbf Amico hasn't soft launched yet.

• Like 1