Rev

Amico launch date countdown!

2 hours ago, duderino81 said:

I feel like the components excuse is bs and it’s more of an issue with software not being ready

I have to agree.

Everything in the Amico console is very old technology so these excuses do not hold up any longer.

Countless other electronics coming out this year with no BS parts shortage excuses.

IE has had since 2018 and now a 3rd delay without even a firm launch date now so this thing could unfortunately possibly never come out.

I do feel bad for the families who were expecting this by Christmas since it is looking extremely unlikely.

Still hoping they get their act together and start being honest with their investors and customers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

A lot not coming out also. Some cars can’t be built. Trying to buy a computer is a challenge. So there are electronic shortage. People I talk to who are in the industry have said that $1 part they normally buy can only be bought on the grey market for $5. 

4 hours ago, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Sure, but now both have been delayed 3 times ;)

Can't wait for the Running Man Speaker Athletic Shorts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am curious where they go from here.  Might be best if they just stay silent until they have positive news. Just focus on getting Amico up to shape and make an announcement when they are basically 100% confident they can ship at a specific date.  At this point wouldn't be wise for them to risk any further potential negative situations.  No more going after critics or calling out articles you don't agree with, just stay laser focused on getting the Amico in a place it needs to be for a successful launch.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I am curious where they go from here.  Might be best if they just stay silent until they have positive news. Just focus on getting Amico up to shape and make an announcement when they are basically 100% confident they can ship at a specific date.  At this point wouldn't be wise for them to risk any further potential negative situations.  No more going after critics or calling out articles you don't agree with, just stay laser focused on getting the Amico in a place it needs to be for a successful launch.

I think you nailed it. The fact remains that Amico hasn't even made it to the starting line. Time for talk is over. It has missed its 3rd release date and will be over a year behind schedule. If you don't want critics the best thing would be to do what you suggested. Be laser focused and get the console on the shelves and in people's hands. 

• Like 1

If they can't make the console they might have to think of just forgetting the console and just release the controller as an accessory for the switch or steam and bundle it with the 6 games. The controller is the main thing anyway, the actual console is not needed as much.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, turbo graphics 220 said:

If they can't make the console they might have to think of just forgetting the console and just release the controller as an accessory for the switch or steam and bundle it with the 6 games. The controller is the main thing anyway, the actual console is not needed as much.

What do you mean?! You have to have all of those LEDs!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Can't wait for the Running Man Speaker Athletic Shorts.

Amico speakerhat"s are the free gift for those with a pre order. My source deep inside the company has confirmed this 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bonkey Kong said:

I have to agree.

Everything in the Amico console is very old technology so these excuses do not hold up any longer.

Countless other electronics coming out this year with no BS parts shortage excuses.

IE has had since 2018 and now a 3rd delay without even a firm launch date now so this thing could unfortunately possibly never come out.

I do feel bad for the families who were expecting this by Christmas since it is looking extremely unlikely.

Still hoping they get their act together and start being honest with their investors and customers.

It doesn't matter when a chip was first introduced, if there is demand they'll keep making them.  Assuming you're talking about the Snapdragon chip; haven't heard any suggestions that it's one of the four components that they are having trouble with.  They mentioned four out of about a hundred electronic components being an issue.  There certainly are lots of other products that are delayed because of electronics parts supply problems, saying otherwise is not correct.

6 hours ago, turbo graphics 220 said:

One of the components that is an issue sourcing is in fact the LCD displays in the controllers.

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

One of the components that is an issue sourcing is in fact the LCD displays in the controllers.

So are LCD displays chips? I thought this was a chip shortage problem?

:D 💛

54 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

So are LCD displays chips? I thought this was a chip shortage problem?

:D 💛

It looks like the same screen used in the Lynx and Gamegear LCD kit, lol. I have a few of those screens lying around. 📺 📺 📺

Oh well, I still wish the system well, not much you can do but wait for prices to down.

• Haha 1

They said four electronic components.  The LCD display is one component.  The display also has a display controller chip.

On 8/8/2021 at 10:08 AM, mr_me said:

They said four electronic components.  The LCD display is one component.  The display also has a display controller chip.

Yes the controller parts are a major issue currently.

On 8/9/2021 at 4:57 PM, Bonkey Kong said:

Yes the controller parts are a major issue currently.

Controller parts, money, certifications, and maybe software are potential issues.

• Like 2