Sign in to follow this  
Rev

Amico Flying Tigers launch date?

Has anyone heard when this is releasing?

Looks decent. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 9:07 PM, Rev said:

Has anyone heard when this is releasing?

Looks decent. 

Have not heard. Might be when the console launches. So "soon" perhaps?

• Like 1

Flying Tigers looks like fun.

More shooters like Flying Tigers and other arcade style games as well as platformers would go a long way to broadening the potential user base to include more retro gamers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bonkey Kong said:

In my opinion its the best looking Amico game, but the gameplay seems to bit kinda boring and bare.  I hope they reach Cave levels of polish on this one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yarzzz said:

In my opinion its the best looking Amico game, but the gameplay seems to bit kinda boring and bare.  I hope they reach Cave levels of polish on this one.

yes and more completely new levels/bosses etc

2 minutes ago, Bonkey Kong said:

yes and more completely new levels/bosses etc

And tons of more bullets on screen!!! 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 4:28 PM, Intellivision Master said:

According to Wikipedia for the Intellivision Amico, it says Flying Tigers is coming in Q2 of 2022.

That Wiki also lists games like Tron the last time I looked. So I wouldn't necessarily trust it.

On 8/9/2021 at 4:51 PM, Bonkey Kong said:

More shooters like Flying Tigers and other arcade style games as well as platformers would go a long way to broadening the potential user base to include more retro gamers.

I would like to see more of FT too. Some of the gameplay did seem slow, but I liked the looks of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

That Wiki also lists games like Tron the last time I looked. So I wouldn't necessarily trust it.

Yeah, Tron has been on there for a while.  I know Wikipedia isn't that trustworthy.  Where else is there a list of Amico game releases?  It would be nice to have another source with more accurate information.

16 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Yeah, Tron has been on there for a while.  I know Wikipedia isn't that trustworthy.  Where else is there a list of Amico game releases?  It would be nice to have another source with more accurate information.

I stopped keeping tabs on them. From the last list I had games like the "Running Man Game", Cats With Swords, and maybe one other had stopped being worked on and Games like Flying Tigers, Liars Dice, Incan Gold, and Tellestrations were games I did not have on there.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Wikipedia references an Edge Magazine article for Amico Tron Deadly Discs.  So it would be that magazine you wouldn't trust.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr_me said:

Wikipedia references an Edge Magazine article for Amico Tron Deadly Discs.  So it would be that magazine you wouldn't trust.

So you also couldn't trust the Wiki. :P

I just took a glance at it and it lists Imagic games which I'm pretty sure have not been worked on yet. It looks like some list that got excited over one of those early videos of "we want all these old games" and then puked them up onto the wiki.

Not to mention Cornhole is listed as Oct. 9th, 2021 release........ 🙄

Cornhole is currently a packin so it should ship with the system.  The estimated dates Wikipedia has for some of the Imagic games are nine to twelve months after launch, so that sounds like the second set of fifty games they have planned for the future.  They have shown some test animations for Safe Cracker so some preliminary work has been done.

22 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Cornhole is currently a packin so it should ship with the system.  The estimated dates Wikipedia has for some of the Imagic games are nine to twelve months after launch, so that sounds like the second set of fifty games they have planned for the future.  They have shown some test animations for Safe Cracker so some preliminary work has been done.

Test animations??? CEO said that was in game footage.

1 minute ago, MarioMan88 said:

Test animations??? CEO said that was in game footage.

Could you be thinking of Bomb Squad?

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Could you be thinking of Bomb Squad?

Ahhhh correct! You are right! They game looks good and I’m hoping it plays fun.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Ahhhh correct! You are right! They game looks good and I’m hoping it plays fun.

I'd like to see more of this one since it seems to be the game to fully utilize all aspects of the controller.

• Like 2