IGNORED

Being robbed Part 2 - You just gotta read this people!!!!

Maarten Martens

Hello everybody,

Sorry to bother you with this, but I just have to share this with you guys. As told in the other thread, in the beginning of this month I ordered a JAG CD from a guy called Kevin White. This is the email he send me back then :

Maarten, The total for your Jaguar CD will be $102.00 ($70.00 plus $32.00 shipping and insurance). Please PayPal transfer the money to John_Sexton@berea.edu I'll be sure to carefully package everything. It should reach you in the same mint condition it's in right now. Sadly, I'm being forced to sell my Jag collection due to being behind on bills and my car needing service. However, I'm still considering holding on to most of my cart collection and rebuilding the CD collection later. As soon as I receieve your payment, I'll go to the post office and ship out your Jag CD. Thanks,Kevin

After this mail, I paypalled him the money (we had already some other mail conversations) and he seemed like a trust worthy person. Anyway, after payment, he mailed back :

Maarten, I just received your payment. Thanks so much for the fast transaction. You won't have to worry about customs, because there was never a price tag on the box. I bought it from B&C Computervisions a couple of years ago, and it was shipped inside a larger box. Just to be safe, however, I'll include a note wishing you a happy birthday. I too am a littled saddened about parting with some of my Jag collecton. Not only did I sell you my Jag CD, but I also let go of my ScatBox Deluxe a few days ago, which if you don't already have one, is a very sweet investment. In my opinion, they are of better quality than even the old Catbox. I'm going to attempt to hold on to my Jag console and several of my cart games, but I'd like to in the future focus more on my Sega Saturn collection, which has become quite extensive recently, due to my best friend picking up tons of goodies on his visit to Japan. So, are you primarily a Jaguar collector, an Atari collector, or just an all-around video game enthusiast? I'd love to know about your collection and some of the games you are interested in. In the future, I hope to build up a decent portable collection, and eventually buy a Turbo Express (PC Engine GT) and another Lynx. Thanks again, and hopefully I'll be able to get to the post office tomorrow. If not, (they close early, at noon) I'll definitley have it in the mail on Monday. I look forward to hearing from you. Kevin

Everything friendly and all, it definitely seems like a good deal! That was 18 days ago! So yesterday I filed a complaint at paypall, using the id of the transaction of $102 to the Jon_sexton address. Now I got an email from this "John Sexton" today in my mailbox. You gotta read this :

I recieved notification of your complaint... and I must ask why you

addressed it to me, and further more, why you addressed money you agreed

to send someone else to me. I do not have, nor have I ever had, an

agreement with you for any kind of goods or service. I suggest you try

and resolve the matter, of which I know no details, with Kevin. I hope

the two of you are able to work matters out, and I encourage you that

the two of you do not drag me into it... Sorry, I can't be of more

assistance to you, but I'm in the dark here... And I hope you

understand that there's really nothing I can do.

John

I think I'm the victim of a serious fraud here! I replyed this john saying I will definitely go through with this is he doesn't transfer my money back (which he seems to admit he has gotten!!!!). I still have all my emails. Is there anything I can do? Do I have anything against him here?

This is just unbelievable!!

Cheers,

Seems I jumped a bit to fast to conclusions here. I just got an email from John Sexton. It seems this Kevin White is in some serious money trouble, and that has been the reason of the delay, but according to john, he will send me the stuff ...

Sorry again to be posting all of this here, I feel a bit amberassed now, but I just thought I was being ripped off. I will keep you informed.

Sorry,

Don't worry about it Maarten, it's better to post suspicious activity here to get opinions and to see if anyone can help you out.

You are justified with all of your posts because Kevin hasn't responded to any of your emails. That would make anyone nervous and is usually the sign of a bad trader.

yeah, well, I live in Belgium, he ... and I asked for insurance, since I don't want any damage on this baby (now that I finally found one - If I ever get it) ...

And that's true Oesii, why did Kevin never mail me back after the 4 or 5 times I mailed him? I mean, if he told me he was in touble, I guess I would understand. It still smells fishy to me ... I'll just have to wait and see ...

Maarten,

Kevin had you use someone elses PayPal acct - that guy complained that you brought him into it then sends a msg that everything is ok

Sounds like nothing is ok - press to get your money back - IF/when you see the product will you resend the money to whatever PayPal acct Kevin is using then.

Just my $0.02

Maarten,

Kevin had you use someone elses PayPal acct - that guy complained that you brought him into it then sends a msg that everything is ok

Sounds like nothing is ok - press to get your money back - IF/when you see the product will you resend the money to whatever PayPal acct Kevin is using then.

Just my $0.02

Yeah, exactly what Goochman said. I'd send both of them a ton of emails with my intentions in the subject line (incase they think by ignoring the emails, the problem will go away).

The way I understood all of this, sending the Jag cd player when/if lampjack had sufficient funds wasn't part of the original deal.

His money woes aren't exactly your responsibility.

Did you pay for this with a credit card after all or was it a cash transfer?

Seems I jumped a bit to fast to conclusions here. I just got an email from John Sexton. It seems this Kevin White is in some serious money trouble, and that has been the reason of the delay, but according to john, he will send me the stuff ...

Sorry again to be posting all of this here, I feel a bit amberassed now, but I just thought I was being ripped off. I will keep you informed.  

Sorry,

It's all about communication. And when there's only one-way talking, then there should be no surprise if a wrong conclusion is made.

It's good this is working out for everyone involved.

Glenn

Well,

Kevin contacted me again on saturday, saying he would try and send the thing on mlonday (yesterday), since he thought he would have got the money to do so. I mailed him today, asking how it went. Well, I don't know...

Also got an email from john sexton last week, saying he would help me as much as he could.

I hope they really are different persons, I think so ... Else I'm seriously screwed. But since this Kevin white has had a jag website for quite a long time, I hope I can trust him, and hope he is a serious person.

Ah, I just don't know ...

I'll keep you all posted anyway!

Well,

Kevin contacted me again on saturday, saying he would try and send the thing on mlonday (yesterday), since he thought he would have got the money to do so. I mailed him today, asking how it went. Well, I don't know...

Also got an email from john sexton last week, saying he would help me as much as he could.  

I hope they really are different persons, I think so ... Else I'm seriously screwed. But since this Kevin white has had a jag website for quite a long time, I hope I can trust him, and hope he is a serious person.

Ah, I just don't know ...

I'll keep you all posted anyway!

He better have the money to do so, since you already sent him the goddamn money to do so.

Well, he mailed me again today. He will try to send the JAGCD on friday ... I don't know, his going to very tough times at the moment (father being sick ... ), of course, everybody can say that, I know ...

I guess time will tell if I get rewarded for believing, or if I will be ripped off...

heh...I don't know what to say anymore ...

Well, he mailed me again today. He will try to send the JAGCD on friday ... I don't know, his going to very tough times at the moment (father being sick ... ), of course, everybody can say that, I know ...  

I guess time will tell if I get rewarded for believing, or if I will be ripped off...  

heh...I don't know what to say anymore ...

looks like it might be going your way, I hope!

.. I don't know, his going to very tough times at the moment (father being sick ... ), of course, everybody can say that, I know ...

I usually get at least 1 or 2 sick family member excuses from eBayers each week...

One guy was stupid enough to send me 2 different stories within a week of each other! First he said he couldn't pay right away because he had to leave town for a family emergency, then a week later, he let me know he hadn't paid yet because he had been in the hospital after being hit by a car while riding his bike. Of course he never did pay... You might expect this from a newbie, but this guy has over 300+ and only *1* negative.

.. I don't know, his going to very tough times at the moment (father being sick ... ), of course, everybody can say that, I know ...

I usually get at least 1 or 2 sick family member excuses from eBayers each week...

One guy was stupid enough to send me 2 different stories within a week of each other! First he said he couldn't pay right away because he had to leave town for a family emergency, then a week later, he let me know he hadn't paid yet because he had been in the hospital after being hit by a car while riding his bike. Of course he never did pay... You might expect this from a newbie, but this guy has over 300+ and only *1* negative.

Haha, that guy's a dumbass. :lol: