IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Mini is real ?

ataritiger

10 hours ago, ataritiger said:

How is that? Can you not read my recent posts correctly? Do you know more than 1 language?

We are all (well, for the most part) fluent English speakers and have no problem, you know, understanding what people are saying. You say English is your second language, and it shows. Your habit of using more emojis than words nor your attitude helps. It most definitely makes you look like an idiot. 

And yes, I do know more than one language. 

• Like 3

I have no problem understanding the words, it’s just the thoughts behind them that seem… slightly unrealistic. Not to mention the sheer level of cussedness it takes to fight a battle against half the forum across multiple threads for multiple weeks. It’s impressive, I have to say. Really takes me back to the newsgroups (especially the alt hierarchy).

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JumbleJag said:

Personally I think your english is completely understandable ataritiger.

I'd like to clarify I and others were referring to the posts ataritiger made with his phone, for instance in this topic (from where he's banned):

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/323149-was-not-releasing-with-cd-at-launch-the-biggest-mistake-atari-made-with-the-jaguar/page/21/?tab=comments#comment-4880195

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/323149-was-not-releasing-with-cd-at-launch-the-biggest-mistake-atari-made-with-the-jaguar/page/10/?tab=comments#comment-4876455

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/323149-was-not-releasing-with-cd-at-launch-the-biggest-mistake-atari-made-with-the-jaguar/page/9/?tab=comments#comment-4876177

I mean, once you add the missing punctuation, it's easier to understand (it's not like they're complex concepts anyway), but it's still tedious to read.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I have no problem understanding the words, it’s just the thoughts behind them that seem… slightly unrealistic. Not to mention the sheer level of cussedness it takes to fight a battle against half the forum across multiple threads for multiple weeks. It’s impressive, I have to say. Really takes me back to the newsgroups (especially the alt hierarchy).

Some just like to trigger attention. Don't let yourself be fooled.

Nobody sincere about a project would act like that. 

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Seedy1812 said:

About 45 seconds in the big reveal ?

The BIG REVEAL that anyone with two brain cells would have totally seen coming. Seriously, the amount of people that fall for such things and grasp on to nonsense (Dreamcast 2 is "announced" at least once a year since it stopped be available at retail) amazes me, common sense is never applied ever, just the mentality that "I WISH THIS WERE REAL SO I WILL BELEIVE IT" ?? I've no doubt even though this video is from 2017 that many fell for it. 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 6 months later...

April 1st coming…. Amiga500 mini, C64 mini, I’m counting the days for mini Jag, only one day? A joke? Or Will Jaguar mini hit us with all non-licenced Atari games built in, like Tempest, Defender, Pitfall, I’m almost drooling by the mere though… In times of jokers, fools and jesters, what do we pros believe?

Seriously, my bet is we have one within 3 years. Can be wrong. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

April 1st coming…. Amiga500 mini, C64 mini, I’m counting the days for mini Jag, only one day? A joke? Or Will Jaguar mini hit us with all non-licenced Atari games built in, like Tempest, Defender, Pitfall, I’m almost drooling by the mere though… In times of jokers, fools and jesters, what do we pros believe?

omg, thank you for resurrecting this thread for people like me, whom hadn't seen it. Holy crap; there are some wildly laugh out loud moments across the 5+ pages. As for April Fools, who has time for that when Battlemorph is now available on Xbox 360?

881877111_BattlemorphXbox3601.thumb.jpg.a16441d05e7413961ca2cf60438fe0b1.jpg553076290_BattlemorphXbox3602.thumb.jpg.78e43c8a19ee77ec80e1adf3c3b9eec5.jpg756343537_BattlemorphXbox3603.thumb.jpg.14f4b2659d23643f13002850823eddbc.jpg282245340_BattlemorphXbox3604.thumb.jpg.fd7db5b2b034eefcf9787a703df1e0c8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

The C64 and Amiga minis and maxis have certain advantages that are not present for the Jaguar, including already having reasonably large libraries of pre-licensed titles available via Cloanto and no license holders who would be upset by the presence of a way to add more games. 

Interestingly, there's a thread from yesterday on Facebook about an Atari 8-bit Mini that someone posted about that they hoped would happen, complete with fantasy games list of 25 impossible-to-license titles. Besides actually having a large enough market for these things, licensing appealing games is probably the second biggest factor when trying to produce something like that. In short, another three years is not going to change any of the factors against a Jaguar Mini being produced.

I'd say the first realistic step we're likely ever to see is some device or another like an Evercade or VCS eventually getting a Jaguar emulator and a small selection of games. Of course even that has its own set of challenges as emulation for the Jaguar still has its issues.

• Like 4

On 3/31/2022 at 3:31 PM, sirlynxalot said:

I think if someone was able to just make a good looking 50% reduced sized version of the jaguar case that was hollow inside for under $50, people would probably just buy it either as a fun desk toy or to make their own jag mini out of emulators and small but powerful systems like the odroid.

Make it into a USB hub or an HDMI hub and have RGB LEDs on it. Ship that beast!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Digital Eclipse is working on the 50th Anniversary Atari collection coming this fall.  I listened to the Stone Age Gamer Podcast [https://stoneagegamer.com/blog/sag-podcast-421-talking-with-digital-eclipses-stephen-frost/ ] where they interview Stephen Frost and there were some interesting reveals from around the 50 minute to 60 minute mark regarding the Jaguar:

1. The Jaguar emulator was a dream of one the programmers

2. A stable Jaguar emulator has been developed

3. The emulator was originally designed to play Tempest 2K only

4. Digital Eclipse wants to release more Jaguar games in future collections, perhaps even a Jaguar only collection

5. Digital Eclipse has had talks with Atari about possibly releasing a Jaguar mini. 

So Atari has at least had conversations about a Jaguar mini.

Edited by MikeA
  • Like 4

So Atari has at least had conversations about a Jaguar mini.

I have a hard time seeing this coming to fruition.  The Jaguar just doesn't have the name recognition to see in decent numbers. 

If the runs of Intellivision and Coleco Flashbacks didn't sell out well enough to justify a second edition, I can't see a first run of a Jaguar mini.

• Like 1

I was listening to the podcast and related to the Jaguar discussion and how digital eclipse suggested additional Jaguar projects to atari, they said that how far users get through the timeline in atari 50 is tracked (by atari/digital eclipse?) And he'll leave it up to the imagination as to why that info is tracked. 

My hot take is that it could be a way of guaging the popularity and interest in later period atari stuff such as lynx and Jaguar, and if users seem to like that content to a sufficient degree, maybe we'll see more products related to those systems and their games in the future.  

• Like 3