IGNORED

What ever happened to that Intellivisionaries podcast show?

Rev

Since I have too much time on my hands, back in December 2019 I did an analysis of how long it will take them to cover all 125 Intellivision games on the show.  Since the number of shows has decreased a lot over the years, I looked at how long it would take them based on the first 2 years of the show, and then again on the last 3 years of the show (December 2016, Royal Dealer to May 2019, Shark! Shark!).  The results:

Inty3.thumb.PNG.f39d0399c836430f6055ecccd2853b81.PNG

So, based on the rate of Game episodes from December 2016 to December 2019 they will get to the 125th game on February 24, 2113.  Again, this was calculated in December, 2019 so it does not include Happy Tails and Locomotion which would improve the numbers greatly...might even bring the 125th game into the 21st century!

Had they kept up the rate from the first 2 years they were on pace to hit 125 on December 24, 2022.  

And I didn't do this to be mean; I really, really enjoyed the show after 'binging' it in 2019 and I have some idea of how difficult it is to create such an enjoyable, well-researched show with multiple hosts and interviews - all as a hobby. I'm thankful for any show they can do, especially during COVID times.  

I wonder if I still have the "Drinking Game" or "Intellivisionaries Bingo" list I made while binging the show.  I didn't share it at the time because I thought maybe some might take it the wrong way.

Edited by BigDumer
Added chart labels, fixed date
  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

That's a good podcast. I liked the one where they spoke with the programmer of Shark! Shark! And the one where they talked about Truckin' And there was one I listened to semi-recently where they talked to the Marketing Directory for Mattel Electronics in the waning days of the pre-1983 crash. That was interesting as this guy had a lot to say about the ECS.

Edited by Intelligentleman
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, IntvCasey said:

In the last 2 months I have listened to all episodes and recently finished… I’m really bored at work and I am wanting more now… lol

What is your favorite episode? Or any highlights that come to mind?

On 8/4/2021 at 8:02 AM, JasonlikesINTV said:

Not to create more work for you, but I'd love to see a plot of the actual reviewed games over time.  Curious about how many they've done so far and I want to see that sweet taper.

Took some time to update the spreadsheet that was done quick and (very) dirty so now I can update it easier when the Intellivisionaries do their next game review episode. Yes, I said "when."

Here is a chart of each of the game review episodes over time. Not sure if this is what you were looking for @JasonlikesINTV - I have never been the best at visualizations. I work with teams of Data Analysts who do that for me.

IntellivisionariesReviewCount2.thumb.PNG.db29710041a55b9a2d3a18b6469a12dc.PNG

They have reviewed 34 of the 125, including Happy Trails and Locomotion from May 6, 2020.  The jump in 2015 was when they Math Fun, Word Fun, Learning Fun I and II in the same episode.

I also updated the projections:

IntellivisionariesProjection.thumb.PNG.d630e3d7427fba07fe05f3e968a58f08.PNG

The current projection, based on the last 4.5 years (since Royal Dealer was reviewed on December 23, 2016) has them finishing all 125 games on May 13, 2100. They made up 13 years with the Happy Trails / Locomotion episode!

Edited by BigDumer
Spelling
  • Like 3

On 8/4/2021 at 9:44 PM, Rev said:

I like all of it pretty much. I listen as I'm

working. I love hearing all the interviews and the behind the scenes stuff that I never knew growing up. I like hearing about home brew games. I got so use to listening everyday that I sometimes forgot this took years lol. 

1 hour ago, BigDumer said:

Took some time to update the spreadsheet that was done quick and (very) dirty so now I can update it easier when the Intellivisionaries do their next game review episode. Yes, I said "when."

Here is a chart of each of the game review episodes over time. Not sure if this is what you were looking for @JasonlikesINTV - I have never been the best at visualizations. I work with teams of Data Analysts who do that for me.

IntellivisionariesReviewCount2.thumb.PNG.db29710041a55b9a2d3a18b6469a12dc.PNG

They have reviewed 34 of the 125, including Happy Trails and Locomotion from May 6, 2020.  The jump in 2015 was when they Math Fun, Word Fun, Learning Fun I and II in the same episode.

I also updated the projections:

IntellivisionariesProjection.thumb.PNG.d630e3d7427fba07fe05f3e968a58f08.PNG

The current projection, based on the last 4.5 years (since Royal Dealer was reviewed on December 23, 2016) has them finishing all 125 games on May 13, 2100. They made up 13 years with the Happy Trails / Locomotion episode!

Woohoo! I like our chances! 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 9:44 PM, Rev said:

I love hearing about the day to day work life in the Intellivision game dev department at Mattel Electronics.

The whole hiring process and philosophy choosing creatives over programmers. Keith's attitude about "team leading".

The processes involved in making games. Like drawing out pixelart on paper, experimenting with sounds, the development of the EXEC and MLB, the keyboard piano performed in realtime for Deep Pockets(?), bug hunting and former ME programmers working for "third" parties.

All of the interviews are priceless and I'm so glad that so many have been done before it's too late. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, nurmix said:

It’s Rick’s fault. Enough said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I feel like possibly Rick gets blamed for everything...especially when it's almost never his fault. I think it's time that Paul and myself take the blame at least for some things...I'll go first...is the show way too sexy at times? Mayhaps. Is that definitely my fault? Absolutely. My bad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4