IGNORED

Help repairing a Vtech Laser 310

Recently I bought a Vtech Laser 310 in eBya as "non-tested". Once connected, the computer do not turned ON. After opening the case I found some burnt components as the picture shows.

IMG_0613.thumb.jpg.d9cc834e46c3dff50ece8ffbecd910bf.jpg

As a result of this, there were several components damaged along the board, but after two days working all of them were replaced by a new ones. Actually the video output shows some characters in the screen, but suddenly it becomes dark. Therefore I have to repair the damaged area because the video composite signal to be injected into the RF modulator is taken from here, but the problem is that I only have the PAL diagrams and my unit is a SECAM one. There are several differences in the circuit according to the diagrams and I don't know the type of transistor and diodes marked with a red arrow in the picture.

Has someone the Vtech Laser 310 SECAM version diagrams, or at least knows which kind of transistor and diodes are the ones shown in the picture?

Thank you!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Papalapa said:

Recently I bought a Vtech Laser 310 in eBya as "non-tested". Once connected, the computer do not turned ON. After opening the case I found some burnt components as the picture shows.

IMG_0613.thumb.jpg.d9cc834e46c3dff50ece8ffbecd910bf.jpg

As a result of this, there were several components damaged along the board, but after two days working all of them were replaced by a new ones. Actually the video output shows some characters in the screen, but suddenly it becomes dark. Therefore I have to repair the damaged area because the video composite signal to be injected into the RF modulator is taken from here, but the problem is that I only have the PAL diagrams and my unit is a SECAM one. There are several differences in the circuit according to the diagrams and I don't know the type of transistor and diodes marked with a red arrow in the picture.

Has someone the Vtech Laser 310 SECAM version diagrams, or at least knows which kind of transistor and diodes are the ones shown in the picture?

Thank you!

Maybe you could desolder them and take a closer look at the text written on the components?

2 hours ago, bluejay said:

Maybe you could desolder them and take a closer look at the text written on the components?

Of course, in fact is the first thing that I have done because otherwise was not possible to repair the other components on the PCB. The problem is that due to the burnt the letters are not readable anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Papalapa said:

Of course, in fact is the first thing that I have done because otherwise was not possible to repair the other components on the PCB. The problem is that due to the burnt the letters are not readable anymore.

Well, that's a shame. Sorry I couldn't help.

However, if you can find multiple of the same components, perhaps you may be able to piece together what the original text would have read?