Bonkey Kong

Does Physical Product = Gift Card ??? If so, yuck!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, popsicle said:

Go away.

Why can he not voice his opinion?

(And ask a question based on public information)

Edited by Rev
  • Like 7

Just now, Rev said:

Why can he not voice his opinion?

He can, and he has at length in multiple threads with the same stuff. Why can't I voice my opinion to have him go away? :P 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

A gift card would mean it can only be used once, so no it's not a gift card. These posts might be considered more misinformation than opinion.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, popsicle said:

He can, and he has at length in multiple threads with the same stuff. Why can't I voice my opinion to have him go away? :P 

You absolutely can tell him to go away!  

Anyway, on topic. 

Ill still but some of the physical products. But if they turn out to be just a rfid card, that will be somewhat disappointing. It was hyped up to be more than a cheap card.  

• Like 2

ok, a re-usable gift card

still YUCK for me

If you fanboys and girls like that sort of thing then Enjoy those plastic cards that you joyfully tap on your Amico so you can download the game

The fact that it is re-usable not really a big thing since people buying these are so in love with them, why would they ever part with them?

3 minutes ago, mr_me said:

A gift card can only be used once, so no it's not a gift card. These posts might be considered more misinformation than opinion.

Its not misinformation.   Its speculative question based on actual information.  Did you not see the revised product information in the screen shot?

side nite. The misinformation word is being overused these days….

• Thanks 4

Bonkey, can you give the link to the website that screen was taken?   I want to research more. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

Bonkey, can you give the link to the website that screen was taken?   I want to research more. Thanks!

https://shop.kochmedia.com/shop/fr_CH/productdetail.html?fmt=plist&psize=12&page=0&text=intellivision+amico&nav1=HWACC&id=1068742

you may need to switch the language, I copied that image from another thread

So I guess the Amico lovers were right.

It is not code in box.

It is code on plastic gift card in box.

Woohoo that sounds like fun. Enjoy that awesomeness!

Based on the description provided from the official distributor, Koch, this is a possibility of what the Amico rifd card may be. This is not misinformation. 

BEE5C9F5-4DC9-4A44-B985-6AA821767E16.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bonkey Kong said:

So I guess the Amico lovers were right.

It is not code in box.

It is code on plastic gift card in box.

Woohoo that sounds like fun. Enjoy that awesomeness!

If this turns out to be true when finally revealed, then we have to ask, why did Koch reveal the secret?!?!?!?   Those bastards! 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mr_me said:

A gift card would mean it can only be used once, so no it's not a gift card. These posts might be considered more misinformation than opinion.

I have had gift cards that can be reloaded and used again so not sure what you mean by that.

It really is not any big deal that they can be sold or traded since everyone who is buying them will love them so much that they would never dare even think about parting with the beautiful gift card physical product.

image.thumb.png.7249ed1665eb434181fd93466edddbb3.png

Have fun collecting those really pretty boxes with your physical product = gift card

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rev said:

Its not misinformation.   Its speculative question based on actual information.  Did you not see the revised product information in the screen shot?

side nite. The misinformation word is being overused these days….

Intellivision Entertainment certainly will have RFID gift cards.  But if these physical products are cards having an RFID, that doesn't mean it's a gift card as RFID can be used for many other things.  And phrasing it as a question doesn't make it any less misinformation.

31 minutes ago, Bonkey Kong said:

I have had gift cards that can be reloaded and used again so not sure what you mean by that.

If it's a reloadable prepaid card, it's not a gift card, different regulations apply to gift cards.   They can still be given as gifts just like anything can be given as a gift. 

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

So asking questions is misinformation?  Better get big tech in here to censor. 

Could be if it's a statement phrased as a question.  It all depends on the intention of the person making the statement.

40 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Intellivision Entertainment certainly will have RFID gift cards.  But if these physical products are cards having an RFID, that doesn't mean it's a gift card as RFID can be used for many other things.  And phrasing it as a question doesn't make it any less misinformation.

If it's a reloadable prepaid card, it's not a gift card, different regulations apply to gift cards.   They can still be given as gifts just like anything can be given as a gift. 

call it whatever you want

I am calling it a gift card

and the alleged fact that it can be renewed and traded or sold really is not at all relevant since the people who have already decided they are buying them no matter what will never want to trade or sell them, they will be too attached to having them and will never dream of parting with their sweet Amico gift cards.

10 minutes ago, Bonkey Kong said:

and the alleged fact that it can be renewed and traded or sold really is not at all relevant since the people who have already decided they are buying them no matter what will never want to trade or sell them, they will be too attached to having them and will never dream of parting with their sweet Amico gift cards.

It’s a little disappointing IF this is all it turns out to be. It was hyped for soooo much more. 

It’s neat, but not a game changer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonkey Kong said:

Collectors can include investors, speculators, gamers who do move games they tire of, and of course hoarders; but every collection, eventually, will one day get sold or given away, doesn't matter who you are. 

They are saying their physical items has some properties of physical media.  Unless you in fact have all the information, maybe wait until they reveal the thing before making repeated statements that could mislead people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Unless you in fact have all the information, maybe wait until they reveal the thing before making repeated statements that could mislead people.

Why have you not advised IE to stop making repeated statements that could mislead people?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bonkey Kong said:

Why have you not advised IE to stop making repeated statements that could mislead people?

But I have.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mr_me said:

But I have.

IE should hire you. You make a better job promoting this thing than most of the dudes who appear on the super long interviews.

• Like 1