IGNORED

Recommend co-op or 3+ player games

Lord Mushroom

I am looking for good 2 player co-op or 3+ player games for Amiga which don´t have a better version on another platform. I consider racing games where both players can play in the story/tournament mode to be co-op. So far I have the following games:

Banshee

Battle Squadron

Blood Money

Deluxe Galaga

Deluxe Pac-Man

Gauntlet 3: The Final Quest

Jupiter´s Masterdrive

Rod Land

Swiv

Edited by Lord Mushroom

The Alien Breed series have good co-op modes, as does the Chaos Engine. I haven't played them on other platforms though so I don't know how they compare.

Worms is on every platform under the sun of course, but Worms: Director's Cut is an Amiga exclusive, and the best version of the original Worms there is (some might say the best of all Worms versions).

Banshee is excellent for co-op, but you've mentioned that already.

Super Skidmarks supports 4 players, or up to 8 players with linked machines.

They're not co-op, but Lemmings and Settlers both have split screen 2-player competitive modes, which I don't think was an option on other platforms.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daedalus2097 said:

The Alien Breed series have good co-op modes, as does the Chaos Engine. I haven't played them on other platforms though so I don't know how they compare.

They seem better than on other platforms, so they are going on the list.

Worms is on every platform under the sun of course, but Worms: Director's Cut is an Amiga exclusive, and the best version of the original Worms there is (some might say the best of all Worms versions).

I would prefer to save all those new weapons for Worms World Party, so I am sticking to the PC version.

Super Skidmarks supports 4 players, or up to 8 players with linked machines.

It seems better than the Mega Drive version, so it is going on the list as well. The Mega Drive version has better music, though. I especially like the music for the results:

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, youxia said:

Lotus Esprit

Thanks. I thought the Lotus games only had a limited (versus) multiplayer mode, but apparently not. That means Lotus 2 and 3 are going to end up on a list as well. I just have to check out which versions are the best.

I will also check out the other 3 games you named, to confirm that they meet the requirements. I just don´t have time right now.

8 hours ago, Lord Mushroom said:

Unlike SWIV, Silkworm has an arcade version, which I assume is better than the Amiga version.

Depends on your point of view. I felt that the Amiga version played better due to the smaller sprites giving more room to move around. Plus those sound effects just blow the arcade version away. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lord Innit said:

Depends on your point of view. I felt that the Amiga version played better due to the smaller sprites giving more room to move around. Plus those sound effects just blow the arcade version away. 

I have watched You Tube clips of both versions, and my initial reaction is that you are correct.

• Like 1