IGNORED

Rediscovering old favorite: Ollie's Follies

Level42

Between the huge platformers DK, Miner 2049er, Mr. Robot etc. I always was fond of this one....IMHO it's a bit underrated. The reason why is very likely the inertia that was built into the player's movement. Although it irritated me initially too, I "accepted the challenge" and found the game to be lots of fun. The "fake 3D" of the platforms is another hurdle to overcome. But once mastered, this is a great platformer with a lot of levels and toys...

Does anyone know anything about Frank Cohen? 
I know about the other games he made but is he still alive and has he maybe been interviewed for ANTIC podcast ? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

He's still alive (or was in late Feb), John Hardie who is on here released a pre lim version of Scrolls with his permission..

Perhaps a chat with @cx2k aka John could give you some more answers.

And yes, the inertia was a pain in the backside, but like you, I got to grips with it back then and liked all his games..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, Level42 said:

IMHO it's a bit underrated.

Totally.

Love the simplicity and good use of spatial (dimensional) and color/tonal capabilities it makes of the A8, plus it has its own demo-mode.

Looks super-crisp via Sophia-2 (because of the orientation and nature of content, it also lends itself well for flat-screens / LCDs, too). Looks nice on the living-room via Altirra + PC / Win10.

Have had Ollie's for a quite a while already, on my HD library (Incognito and Side2)

• Like 1