IGNORED

Nemo! a colorful game worth playing

awbacon

Honestly I rarely hear anyone mentioned Nemo, which in my opinion is a bummer as it's a super colorful and charming arcade platformers and that's a genre that rarely gets enough love. Just from start to finish a solid 9/10 game (if you ignore the low health warning siren...god I hate that) 

• Like 4

Not once have I ever seen this on location anywhere; the only reason I even know about it is from when it was added to MAME.

It just plays really well and looks gorgeous.  The difficulty level builds nicely, with plenty of just-one-more-go sections.  And yes, the low-health siren is FREAKING ANNOYING.

Given that the game was released in 1990 - right when the genre was being eclipsed by fighting games - and by Capcom, who weren't exactly known for platform games to begin with, it's understandable why it never really received the attention it deserved.  Being a movie tie-in for a film with a difficult release history outside of Japan likely didn't help, either.  Pity, because there is a really good game in there.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2021 at 2:57 AM, x=usr(1536) said:

Not once have I ever seen this on location anywhere; the only reason I even know about it is from when it was added to MAME.

It just plays really well and looks gorgeous.  The difficulty level builds nicely, with plenty of just-one-more-go sections.  And yes, the low-health siren is FREAKING ANNOYING.

Given that the game was released in 1990 - right when the genre was being eclipsed by fighting games - and by Capcom, who weren't exactly known for platform games to begin with, it's understandable why it never really received the attention it deserved.  Being a movie tie-in for a film with a difficult release history outside of Japan likely didn't help, either.  Pity, because there is a really good game in there.

yes it seems like a lot of people never heard of Nemo...and that siren. Kills me!

On 8/7/2021 at 12:10 AM, GoldLeader said:

Looks like a Sweet game!  I am one of the "lot of people" who'd never heard of it.

Now,  is it just me or does the Winners Don't Use Drugs bump at the beginning totally look like you're on drugs as you watch it?

lol you are the FIRST person to get the in-joke of the intro. If there was a prize you'd have won it

• Like 2

I stumbled upon this game about 7-8 years ago while playing random games in MAME and I ended up playing all the way through it.  It's a pretty cool game, for sure.  Normally, I would say that scrolling platformers belong on home consoles rather than in the arcade - but this one is pretty fun.  

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 11:10 AM, Cynicaster said:

I stumbled upon this game about 7-8 years ago while playing random games in MAME and I ended up playing all the way through it.  It's a pretty cool game, for sure.  Normally, I would say that scrolling platformers belong on home consoles rather than in the arcade - but this one is pretty fun.  

I think thats why a lot of people don't even know it exists...arcade platformers never seem to hit it big