IGNORED

Suite Macabre (NEW Game!)

retroillucid

Suite Macabre is now available for purchase on our website

This game takes place sometime before the events of Jet Ready. You are Dr Kowalski’s assistant and you have received an unexpected message: “Dear Colleague, Dr Kowalski neglecting job duties and using lab equipment for private purposes – the board is very unhappy! – Persuade him to cease activity ASAP – Last seen at Dunwich Hotel”. You are now facing the abandoned hotel, ready to investigate the doctor’s whereabouts…

Get your copy here:
https://collectorvision.com/store/shop/colecovision/suite-macabre-colecovision/

More information about the game here:
https://collectorvision.com/games/suitemacabre.php?fbclid=IwAR1uS_BQ7HRygU0xS90i387tjK-z3BeefHp_NGl7g5VUrTUqMu2ic821Il0

• Like 4

1 hour ago, youki said:

I guess it is a port of the MSX Version.  Does it require SGM on the colecovision?

This game looks very nice!.

Does it run exactly like that on standard colecovision?  Does the sound is different with our without SGM?

Actually it's not a port. The game was written originally for ColecoVision, then ported to MSX.

It runs on standard, unexpanded hardware exactly as seen on the video. As a matter of fact this footage was taken from the ColecoVision version (with F18A enhanced colors).

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jorge PM said:

Actually it's not a port. The game was written originally for ColecoVision, then ported to MSX.

It runs on standard, unexpanded hardware exactly as seen on the video. As a matter of fact this footage was taken from the ColecoVision version (with F18A enhanced colors).

thanks!  I guess you are the coder of this game.  Great job! ?  Looks very great!

56 minutes ago, Jorge PM said:

As a matter of fact this footage was taken from the ColecoVision version (with F18A enhanced colors).

Are you sure?  We can see the MSX boot screen at start.  Is it a video editing?

It means also that we can not see sprite flickering if there is?

30 minutes ago, youki said:

Are you sure?  We can see the MSX boot screen at start.  Is it a video editing?

It means also that we can not see sprite flickering if there is?

Oops you’re right. My bad. 

The footage and screenshots I used for promotion of the MSX release were really taken from the ColecoVision version (with F18A custom palette) as they look exactly the same and it was easier to capture hq footage that way. I didn’t realize the video above was actual gameplay on MSX, hence my confusion.

Sprite flickering is reduced to the bare minimum on the stock ColecoVision and nonexistant on F18A hardware.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, youki said:

I guess it is a port of the MSX Version.  Does it require SGM on the colecovision?

This game looks very nice!.

Does it run exactly like that on standard colecovision?  Does the sound is different with our without SGM?

I love the graphics on this game. Very colorful.  :)

12 hours ago, imstarryeyed said:

Just placed order for the game, I need the prequel to Jet Ready, that game is underrated!

I hope the series continues !

When can we order Justice Beaver for SNES?  I seemed to have missed it when it was sold and thought it looked great!

jet ready is a really nice game when you look at it first seems to be an easy one but the challenge is there.. play through for testing this game and wow ... when i saw suite macabre it was an instant buy for me ..

10 hours ago, chart45 said:

jet ready is a really nice game when you look at it first seems to be an easy one but the challenge is there.. play through for testing this game and wow ... when i saw suite macabre it was an instant buy for me ..

So agree I turned down Jet Ready on one order but decided to buy it next time, I do not regret that at all.  It is a really interesting game and the graphics are very unique for the Colecovision.

I have to also agree that the videos of people playing it make it seem easy it is a good challenge and really fun!

The comic style box however was such a big win for this game!  Looking forward to the prequel when it comes in.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I received my Suite Macabre game yesterday and it doesn’t work in the ADAM! I happen to have three ADAM consoles at the moment and it doesn’t work in any of them. It just gives a black screen and a loud constant sound. Can anyone else confirm it doesn’t work in their ADAM. Was it never tested in an ADAM?

56 minutes ago, Tekman said:

I received my Suite Macabre game yesterday and it doesn’t work in the ADAM! I happen to have three ADAM consoles at the moment and it doesn’t work in any of them. It just gives a black screen and a loud constant sound. Can anyone else confirm it doesn’t work in their ADAM. Was it never tested in an ADAM?

I don't have an ADAM, but I can't play the game in my F18A modded CV, all I get is the brief start up tone the game generates followed by a series of green vertical stripes - nothing else.  I need to dump the rom and try the game via my AtariMax to see if that helps.

The cart works fine in my stock CV and also in my Phoenix.  What's odd is that troublesome carts such as Risky Rick and Penguin Adventure work fine in my F18A modded CV after resolving the pin 13 grounding issue.

It seems to work fine in my Phoenix and confirms the cart is good. I then dumped it and put in the my Atarimax and it now works on the ADAM that way. It just won’t work from the original physical cart. I’m surprised it wasn’t tested on an actual ADAM during testing to know it doesn’t work. It seems the timing of the Atarimax or something it’s doing before the rom is loaded is compensating for something and allowing it to work. At least I now have a way to play it on the ADAM.

4 hours ago, Tekman said:

It seems to work fine in my Phoenix and confirms the cart is good. I then dumped it and put in the my Atarimax and it now works on the ADAM that way. It just won’t work from the original physical cart. I’m surprised it wasn’t tested on an actual ADAM during testing to know it doesn’t work. It seems the timing of the Atarimax or something it’s doing before the rom is loaded is compensating for something and allowing it to work. At least I now have a way to play it on the ADAM.

Glad to know you found a way to play the game on the ADAM. To be fair I have no idea what might be going on here. Maybe @retroillucid can chime in and shed some light on the matter.

As per other recent megacart games that I've had problems with, dumping the rom and playing the game via an AtariMax works on my F18A modded CV.  However, this still doesn't resolve what the problem is in the first place and why these megacart game cartridges won't run on certain systems.  It would be good to get some feedback from CollectorVision so that some investigations can commence.

I finally have my copy and I can’t wait to play it. I will post my thoughts on the game here, after I get some time to play it.

As a side note: I recently learned (before reading this post) that Suite Macabre is a sequel of sorts to Jet Ready (SP?), and that also looks incredible on the Colecovision. Is Jet Ready currently out of print? I’ve seen footage of the game in action on YouTube, and I would love to add it to my collection (along with Dead Tomb, which also seems to be sold out / out of print at the moment.)

Edited by ColecoGamer
Spelling