IGNORED

how did california games come boxed?

bohoki

Both. The early boxed copies had the large manual folded and stuffed inside. I think you can find all the original big box games in the smaller boxes with folded larger manuals in the boxes.

They eventually made smaller manuals to fit inside the smaller boxes, but I guess they wanted to use up the larger manual stock. Now specifically to California Games, there is a smaller multi-language manual, but I am not sure they ever created an English only small manual for release in the US.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 11:22 PM, bohoki said:

i have not explored my lynx very much since i bought it i have many games but have a question my lynx came with california games and its manual is pretty large did they make a different manual for a small box or did they use the large manual in a large box?

as seen here https://archive.org/details/atarilynxcaliforniagames

Is it possible that since California Games was a Lynx pack in game the manual fit perfectly in the big box? The folding the manual to fit in the individual box might have been an afterthought...

• 1 month later...

Is this the rarest Lynx game box? I guess Lemmings is harder to come by, but it has to be close. I have only found one in a sealed lot I had no inclination to buy. This, Ninja Gaiden, and Xenophobe are the only official Lynx games I don’t own boxed at this point, but at least I’ve seen a couple of the last two, I just didn’t want to pay for them :D

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Is this the rarest Lynx game box? I guess Lemmings is harder to come by, but it has to be close. I have only found one in a sealed lot I had no inclination to buy. This, Ninja Gaiden, and Xenophobe are the only official Lynx games I don’t own boxed at this point, but at least I’ve seen a couple of the last two, I just didn’t want to pay for them :D

Cough; Hard Drivin'; cough.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...