IGNORED

Free stuff in south Dallas, Texas!

doctorclu

Moving, and it is amazing all the stuff I'm coming across that I'm saying "don't need it where I'm going".

I'll add pictures on here in the next few days.  PM me if interested.

Commodore monitor...

20210805_110149.thumb.jpg.150e0ccbe78e42b31b800482dd741bcd.jpg20210805_110110.thumb.jpg.167837c1122d003b3a505fae06e72f52.jpg

Mac G4 - Quicksilver

20210805_110201.thumb.jpg.1a2411441dfbcb27eec01492c9e08752.jpg20210805_110144.thumb.jpg.a36b7f3cc534b736dd4a66fdcf097862.jpg

And all electronics (Mac and Atari) that you see in this picture here.

20210805_110237.thumb.jpg.c722f7ddd000b66579aee8f0a6fef98b.jpg

Is my first Mac 128K expanded to 4 mb if I remember right.   Needs to be recapped.

Various Atari printers, the type with the rubber heads that turn to mush over years.

And some floppy drives.  They might work!  :D

Also have a Headstart Explorer with Monitor I am passing on as well.  This computer was a beauty with a built in GUI system much like the Atari ST did.

All items are AS IS of course.  More to come!

Have no plans to ship this, this is swing by and pick up, or I can meet some in parts of Dallas/Fort Worth and that area.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Have you given shipping the items any more consideration, @doctorclu? ☺️

Edit: Not only would I take the G4 Quicksilver off your hands, but I would also take anything PowerPC / Mac related.

Awesome.   Will keep you in mind and ship out in early September if no one picks it up.   You ready to pay for shipping?

1 hour ago, x=usr(1536) said:

I'll take the monitor, but can't make it down to your neck of the woods until the weekend of the 28th (Atari User Group meeting at the National Videogame Museum).  Please let me know if this works and we can figure it out from there.  Thanks!

I'll save it till then.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:16 PM, bluejay said:

Will take that HeadStart Explorer if you change your mind about shipping :) 

Awesome.   Will keep you in mind and ship out in early September if no one picks it up.   You ready to pay for shipping?   Also has a monitor, did you need that?

As for anyone else, prior to the user meeting on the 28th, this all still is first come first served.

12 hours ago, doctorclu said:

Awesome.   Will keep you in mind and ship out in early September if no one picks it up.   You ready to pay for shipping?   Also has a monitor, did you need that?

Yep, I can pay shipping. I don’t think I’ll need the monitor though; I’d really like one, but it’s probably too expensive and risky to ship. 

If you don’t mind, could you perhaps keep that number pad and floppy drive for that Mac for me as well? Much appreciated :) 

Actually, scratch that. x=usr(1536) offered to pick them up for me as he drops by. Sorry about the confusion. 

Edited by bluejay
  • Like 2

Plan is I am bringing a bunch of my Atari 8-bit collection to this meeting:

Any Atari 8-bit computer users in the DFW, Texas or surrounding areas:

Saturday, August 28th - 6pm till ??? at the National Videogame Museum in Frisco, TX.

I'll have components, cables, Atari 8-bit and other game systems and accessories.

And quote a few video gaming and other nerdom in T-Shirts to look through, most X-Large or bigger.

Tell a friend, make the meeting you won't want to miss this, and the awesome guests they have lined up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

Where is it you are going? You make it sound like you are boarding spaceship or something. Also, when you decide you do not need your Jaguar stuff "where you are going" shoot me a message and I will make the trip to Dallas.

I think he made it quite clear where it is he’s going; Atari 8 bit users meeting at the National Video Game Museum in Frisco, Texas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

Where is it you are going? You make it sound like you are boarding spaceship or something. Also, when you decide you do not need your Jaguar stuff "where you are going" shoot me a message and I will make the trip to Dallas.

If I got rid of Jaguar stuff I would probably sell that.  Stuff is gold.  ;)   If you are looking for a game, or need a CD unit or something, drop me a PM and we can haggle.

So far some Atari 8-bit stuff, other console and retro computer stuff, and a lot of T-shirts.   Digging more out though.  Be a LOT of various cables and power supplies in there too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, doctorclu said:

If I got rid of Jaguar stuff I would probably sell that.  Stuff is gold.  ;)   If you are looking for a game, or need a CD unit or something, drop me a PM and we can haggle.

So far some Atari 8-bit stuff, other console and retro computer stuff, and a lot of T-shirts.   Digging more out though.  Be a LOT of various cables and power supplies in there too.

Sorry to keep asking for more stuff, but I'm in need of an Atari 8-bit PSU for a 130XE (although I think PSUs are compatible across the entire 8 bit range?) More than happy to pay you something for this, if you could pass it over to X. Many thanks!

5 hours ago, bluejay said:

I'm in need of an Atari 8-bit PSU for a 130XE

If you need a get-me-by (and I'd recommend having one of these around anyway), go with a USB power cable and 2.5A RasPi supply.  Cheap, solid power.  Highly recommended.

5 hours ago, bluejay said:

although I think PSUs are compatible across the entire 8 bit range?

Not quite.

400 / 800 / 1200XL: 9VAC, 1.5A minimum.

600XL / 800XL / 65XE / 130XE / XEGS: 5VDC, 1.5A minimum.

The AC adapter used by the 400, 800, and 1200XL can also be used with the 1050, 1010, 1020, and some other peripherals.

8 hours ago, bluejay said:

Sorry to keep asking for more stuff, but I'm in need of an Atari 8-bit PSU for a 130XE (although I think PSUs are compatible across the entire 8 bit range?) More than happy to pay you something for this, if you could pass it over to X. Many thanks!

See what I can find.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

If you need a get-me-by (and I'd recommend having one of these around anyway), go with a USB power cable and 2.5A RasPi supply.  Cheap, solid power.  Highly recommended.

Thanks. Knew those existed, but I figured if doctorclu had a spare PSU I might be able to live with it. 

7 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

400 / 800 / 1200XL: 9VAC, 1.5A minimum.

600XL / 800XL / 65XE / 130XE / XEGS: 5VDC, 1.5A minimum.

The AC adapter used by the 400, 800, and 1200XL can also be used with the 1050, 1010, 1020, and some other peripherals.

Heard something about XL/XE power supplies being incompatible with the 1200XL but not the 800 or 400. Good to know. Still, any generic XL/XE power supply should work with a 130XE, right?

4 hours ago, doctorclu said:

See what I can find.

Much appreciated :) 

21 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

@doctorclu Did you say something about having Jag CD units for sale? :grin:

I didn't interpret it that way at all, tbh.

Was more like-"I may have an extra, if you are in particular need, we might be able to talk Friendly and work something out", which is really not "for sale", in such a direct manner. 

Prolly would have been better served with a "Hey, Man!?" PM, TBH. 

:P

• Like 1

I have a Jaguar CD I could sell.  Actually have a lot of Jaguar items I would sell if interested.   If you are going to be at the meeting tomorrow I can bring them.

In the meantime, read the latest about the meeting tomorrow here...

Bringing a truck load of excess retro computer and gaming items, T-Shirts, Magazines... don't miss it!

• Like 3