IGNORED

Panasonic M2 brought back to life

Can't believe I had this in storage for over one decade. Just set it up and it's still working with no issue. Well, the hard disk is louder than what I remember, but I have an original spare one - should it fail. :)

IMG_20210806_125635446_HDR.thumb.jpg.780ff6ac0581a6280f159b76e48d6a34.jpg

Going to play some IMSA Racing first, then going to buy some CD-Rs to test a few prototypes. :)

• Like 8

That kiosk unit was a spare one from McGill, the company who did the GM software. It's basically new. Got it from McGill's VP back then and it survived shipping all the way from Canada. :)

The arcade stuff is great as well. I own the full Heat of Eleven '98 system by Konami, which can also play the other games, as it has full RAM, RTC, and lightgun ports. Had plans to put it into an old PC case to make it more user-friendly, but never found the time to do so. Some day...

Edited by derSammler
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7 de agosto de 2021 at 2:51 AM, derSammler said:

That kiosk unit was a spare one from McGill, the company who did the GM software. It's basically new. Got it from McGill's VP back then and it survived shipping all the way from Canada. :)

The arcade stuff is great as well. I own the full Heat of Eleven '98 system by Konami, which can also play the other games, as it has full RAM, RTC, and lightgun ports. Had plans to put it into an old PC case to make it more user-friendly, but never found the time to do so. Some day...

IIRC, didn't someone managed to make the M2 Konami arcade games playable on emulator? I really want to play Polystars.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Successfully got the D2 source to compile yesterday with no errors (but still tons of warnings) after having had to convert it from SDK 2.7 to 3.1. Only gives me a black screen so far, but still progress. Originally planned to have a video ready for Christmas, but this probably won't happen. Not enough to show yet.

Hope to get a playable build out of it for people visiting my museum next year to play on-site. :)

• Like 1

Still no luck compiling a working build of D2, but got a very generous Christmas gift yesterday:

IMG_20211226_102124144_HDR.thumb.jpg.e487de0eae47e73799273c73f1997f54.jpg

The Panasonic M2 Demo disc from 1998. This is commonly refered to as the Dolphin Demo, but it's actually a collection of 10+ demos.

Certainly need to find a smaller TFT display, as that one has pretty bad scaling.

On 12/19/2021 at 8:56 PM, trapexit said:

Thanks. No rush. I would very much appreciate it. Been looking for all the SDKs for archival purposes and to compare the features of the tooling between versions.

Just to make sure I'm not wasting time: you still need it, right? I can upload it today, as I have to boot up my storage server anyway, on which I have stored all my stuff.

Finally got a working build of D2 out of the source code yesterday. ? Still has many glitches, though - but it's working on the FZ-35.

I'm going to abandon this thread, however, as interest in the M2 seems to be non-existent here. Not blaming anyone - this is an Atari forum after all.

If anything ground-breaking happens, it will be posted on my website and/or on Twitter. :)

Edited by derSammler
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 6:37 AM, derSammler said:

Just to make sure I'm not wasting time: you still need it, right? I can upload it today, as I have to boot up my storage server anyway, on which I have stored all my stuff.

Yes. I've still not found 2.7 anywhere. It would be very much appreciated.

Edited by trapexit

59 minutes ago, derSammler said:

Finally got a working build of D2 out of the source code yesterday. ? Still has many glitches, though - but it's working on the FZ-35.

I'm going to abandon this thread, however, as interest in the M2 seems to be non-existent here. Not blaming anyone - this is an Atari forum after all.

If anything ground-breaking happens, it will be posted on my website and/or on Twitter. :)

Great to hear. Congrats. Will keep an eye out for posts.