IGNORED

RS Baseball Proto Help

Tempest

I have a RS Baseball prototype (two actually) that I'm desperately trying to discover differences in.  The problem is:

1. I suck at RS Baseball

2. I really suck at RS Baseball in an emulator

3. See 1 & 2

Perhaps some kind soul can take a look at these two protos and see how they differ from the final.  The earlier RS Baseball protos are pretty obvious differences and bugs, but these later ones are much more subtle.  The only thing I've found is that the computer AI isn't quite as good and there's a wrong note in the opening tune.  Maybe someone here can find more differences.  They must have done something in that last month of development!

RealSports Baseball (6-18-83).bin Baseball (7-19-83).bin

• 7 months later...

So I decided to bite the bullet today and sift through all these RS Baseball prototypes I haven't reviewed.  The first, and earliest, was very interesting.  Dated 4-14 it features more voice clips than the other versions but absolutely no music!   http://www.atariprotos.com/5200/software/rsbaseball/41483.htm

The other three versions (6/15, 6/18, and 7/19) I couldn't find any differences in other than the wrong note in the opening tune.  I let them all run next to each other in emulator windows with the computer playing itself and I didn't see anything that jumped out at me.  Looking through the code I see a few bytes changed here and there, but it's hard to really compare them as the code gets shifted by a few bytes and it throws the comparison off after a while.  If anyone can find something different about these versions let me know.  My best guess is that there are bug and code fixes along with code optimization and AI improvements going on and none of that would really be visible unless you knew what you were looking for.