IGNORED

Atari in Music Videos

davidcalgary29

We've seen Atari products in movies and books...how about music videos? I was going through the Anything Box video library tonight, and spotted something suspicious in the video for their song Worth. It looks like a Mega ST...but what is underneath the CPU? I can't quite make it out. 

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NISMOPC said:

Sweet!  I'm definitely going to need to run Robot Rock through my Video Music Player.?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Did you just happen to find this online or are you a fan of this very Depeche Mode influenced German synthpop band?

I am a huge fan of De/Vision. Have listened to them for over 25 years. I immediately went searching for that image. They are extremely influenced by Depeche Mode for sure.

In my opinion DM has drifted and since maybe 2000 or so De/Vision is what DM should be. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 4:14 PM, insertclevernamehere said:

Not sure if there's any Atari in their videos but there is the awesomely titled German band "Atari Teenage Riot".

They are really good!~

Their name apparently came from the lead singer's fascination with the Atari. They compose their music on an Atari 1040ST

On 11/30/2021 at 9:10 AM, Max_Chatsworth said:

I guess if you are talking about those video artifacts, there's no way I could tell that was an Atari being used for that...

It's the recognizable output of an Atari Video Music from 1977.

It also appears briefly at 3:00 on the display in the background of Devo's video for Beautiful World.

vlcsnap-2021-12-31-12h43m51s621.thumb.png.fd8f806afbede1e4bec0ca2e8690e20a.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, SpiceWare said:

It's the recognizable output of an Atari Video Music from 1977.

It also appears briefly at 3:00 on the display in the background of Devo's video for Beautiful World.

vlcsnap-2021-12-31-12h43m51s621.thumb.png.fd8f806afbede1e4bec0ca2e8690e20a.png

I still have mine - very fun device to use, you can tell it's analog - the response to the music is so crazy fast.  Hard to describe if you haven't seen one on a CRT.  I would absolutely love to get composite out of it - RF sucks and severely limits my display choices.

• 2 weeks later...