IGNORED

WTB: Neo Geo AES USA Bios Chip Only

TheGameCollector

Is there anyone who has replaced their stock Neo Geo AES Bios in favor of a Unibios that would be ok with parting with their old bios chip? I have two AES systems and would like to return one of them to its original state. The seller of both of my systems did not include the original chips in the sale and may have simply discarded them.

I really have no idea what to offer as I don't believe people have generally bought and sold these parts before. I do know that people list MVS bios chips on ebay for around 10 bucks and that's also around what it costs to buy a Universe Bios from Arcadeworks, makers of the Neo Geo MVS Omega System.

I am only interested in a USA chip, not Japanese or European.

At this point I've been able to buy a burned chip but I'll keep this thread open in case someone finds an OEM USA bios.

Edited by TheGameCollector

I get what your saying. And sadly, most people who replace the stock bios chip in their systems usually just discard it.

I myself don’t have an extra original US bios laying around that I can sell you, but if your unable to find someone here who does, I can sell you an eprom with just the US bios on it so that you can at least play the console exactly as a stock bios would.

The truth is, I personally prefer the original debug bios to the unibios. It is the one I use myself on my system. It may not have as many features as the unibios, but it’s a “stealth” bios in the sense that it is accessed instantly (way faster) and differently (more covertly) and everything appears normal to the untrained eye so it can be utilized without detection.