IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 15 - Game 4 - Bomb Squad

[ Intellivision HSC Season 15 ]

(Game 4)

Bomb Squad

Bomb_Squad.jpg.b3a45fd9ddcc2b8100dd94871d3878de.jpg

Bomb Squad by Mattel 1982

Don't look now, but your Time Bomb is ticking! It was planted by "BORIS", the evil terrorist. You will have less than half an hour (simulated time) to disarm it before the bomb destroys your city!

bomb_squad.gif.f15116db9ae172ce66cafa42852167dc.gif

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21473/intellivision/Bomb-Squad-1982-Mattel.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Bomb Squad

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

+3 BONUS POINTS AWARDED FOR SETTING NEW RECORD (THIS WILL ONLY BE AWARDED TO THE OVERALL HIGHEST SCORE REGARDLESS OF THE LEVEL PLAYED)

Game Settings

PRESS DISC, THEN PLAY WHATEVER LEVEL YOU WANT (PLEASE POST WHAT LEVEL YOU PLAYED AT)

Game Scoring

+13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive

Contest Ends
SUNDAY AUGUST 22ND 11:59:59PM EASTERN TIME

(BEST SCORES)

9,520 [3-3] - mr_me [+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE][+3 SET NEW RECORD]

9,320 [3-2] - Mark Griff [+12]

8,840 [3-2] - Rickster8 [+11]

----------------------------------

7,140 [3-2] - lupovax [+9]

6,520 [3-1] - gar0u [+8]

4,780 [1-1] - Sprazzi [+7]

4,320 [1-1] - wolfy62 [+6]

1,000 [1-1] - ed1475 [+5]

Overall Rankings

After Space Hawk / Space Gunner

1 Rickster8 78
2 Mark Griff 43
3 Sprazzi 41
4 Wolfy62 32
5 mr_me 29
6 gezkc 27
7 lupovax 24
8 IntyFanMatt 18
9 CParsley 15
9 gar0u 15
11 ed1475 13
12 RogerPoco 11
13 t0spmad 10
14 jblenkle 7
15 JacobZu7zu7 5
15 fakecortex 5
15 roadrunner 5

Games Won

3 Rickster8 - Motocross x3, Space Hawk, Space Gunner

1 RogerPoco - White Water

1 IntyFanMatt - Dreadnaught Factor

1 Sprazzi - White Water

Sneak Preview: 

Space Armada / Space Battle Bonus

Edited by Rickster8
Added in scores
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Why not let people play different game settings.  It naturally scores more points with more difficult settings and would be more interesting for more people.

Because then it opens up a bigger can of worms with HSC records and what level people played, etc. Not to mention this game is VERY complicated. For people like wolfy who haven't ever played it there's a BIG learning curve on this game.... I don't think this game has ever been played here at the HSC. Since this is the first time I want to see how much of following it gets on the first go around. We can look into doing different variants the next time we play it, but this one right now is a good test to see how many people play it. If we get enough people playing it, I could just set it to play again the next season as it would fit into the theme I'm working on for HSC 16.... ?

• Like 1

High score for Bomb Squad would be pretty simple, the highest score is the high score regardless of settings.  And of course beginners can choose whatever level they like.  Trying to maximise points on a single digit game is not as fun as playing a multidigit game, especially at level one.

18 minutes ago, mr_me said:

High score for Bomb Squad would be pretty simple, the highest score is the high score regardless of settings.  And of course beginners can choose whatever level they like.  Trying to maximise points on a single digit game is not as fun as playing a multidigit game, especially at level one.

Ok then I will open it up for all levels. But again we are only doing +3 for most points for overall. So +3 is only awarded to the player who scores the most points regardless of what level they are playing at. Changing it now.... ?

EDIT: DONE!!!

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 2

First entry.  Used to play this game quite a bit, but never focused on score, just defusing the bomb.

Had to read the manual to see how scoring works.  I think I know how to score more points--maybe that's part of the puzzle?

IMG_5990.jpg

• Like 3

My Bomb Squad Update: Had better results playing 2 Digits on Level 1... ??

Secret 2 Digit Code Number was [3-6]

BOMB SQUAD - [LEVEL 2-1] 6,620 POINTS!!!

BOMBSQUAD(6620)L21HSC15.thumb.jpg.fb2e3205176eec8c8aa3a90ecafbda36.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, gar0u said:

Nice job!  I've been doing a lot of homework on Bomb Squad.  Unfortunately, I have had a lot of outdoor chores, so I haven't been able to get back to Bomb Squad.  Hopefully soon.  :)

I will try to tackle the 3 Digits game soon... Good game, but stressful.... ?

So stressful!  One thing I don't remember is how it ends if you run out of time.  I seem to recall hearing "Oh no!" then it blows up.  No chance to input your guess for the number sequence--so when time is running low, do you go for one more circuit board?  ;)

I should test it with 1 digit and see what happens... 

33 minutes ago, gar0u said:

So stressful!  One thing I don't remember is how it ends if you run out of time.  I seem to recall hearing "Oh no!" then it blows up.  No chance to input your guess for the number sequence--so when time is running low, do you go for one more circuit board?  ;)

I should test it with 1 digit and see what happens... 

I pushed it lastnight and just barely made it back out. Meaning I went for one more circuit board and almost BLEW IT!!! Literally.... ?

• Haha 3

My Bomb Squad Update: Had even better results playing 3 Digits on Level 1... ??

Secret 3 Digit Code Number was [8-0-9]

BOMB SQUAD - [LEVEL 3-1] 7,440 POINTS!!!

252785440_BOMBSQUAD(7440)L31HSC15.jpg.c661e8ac03459a3e6fe7b158fcfd5818.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 2