IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 15 - Game 4 - Bomb Squad

On 8/11/2021 at 11:20 PM, Rickster8 said:

That's incredible, that's the winner right there cuz I cannot play level 3 for the exact reason you stated up above. Cannot ever put the controller in the right spot for anything. Eventually the bomb explodes because I cannot put out the fire cuz I can't put the fire extinguisher in the just the right spot.... Nice Job!!! ?

Are you using real hardware or an emulator.  The reason I ask is because I've tried two different emulators with this game, on one I can put the fires out consistently, but I can't with the other.  I always suspected one controlled better than the other.  Real hardware should be as good or better than the best emulator.

31 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Are you using real hardware or an emulator.  The reason I ask is because I've tried two different emulators with this game, on one I can put the fires out consistently, but I can't with the other.  I always suspected one controlled better than the other.  Real hardware should be as good or better than the best emulator.

I have both emulation and real hardware. For this I generally use emulation because then I don't have to fuss with the Intellivoice module which for me doesn't always work right. Meaning I have to mess with it a bit to make it sit just right so it plays and doesn't glitch..... But yes you could be on to something as I think it might be better control wise with real hardware. When I play emulation I cannot put out the fires come to think of it... Maybe this weekend I will try level 3 on real hardware.... ?

8 hours ago, gar0u said:

I'm going to have to try this, too!

Lol I tried 3-3 tonight using real hardware. Well I was able to put out the fires with the extinguisher, but the controls are friggin awful. Left more, down more, right more, up more, left more, up more, down more, right more, ad infinitum, it's nauseating... Not sure how you are doing it mr_me.... I cannot stand it, lol... That's okay cuz Space Armada is coming and coming FAST!!!!! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On level three the tools jump three or four pixels on a tap.  That's just the way the game is programmed and not the emulators fault.  There are ways around that but what bothers me most are the side button assignments.  Can't stand having to use both left and right sides like this.  Should of just had work tool and drop as the same button. 

With the emulators, I always had the impression Mame controls better than Jzintv, and I just can't win at this game using Jzintv where I can using Mame.  Thought maybe it's my slow computer so it's interesting others found Jzintv tougher as well.

Edited by mr_me

Quick Bomb Squad Update: (Updated thru post #72)

8,490 [3-3] - mr_me

8,070 [3-1] - Rickster8

6,520 [3-1] - gar0u

5,520 [1-1] - Mark Griff

4,780 [1-1] - Sprazzi

4,320 [1-1] - wolfy62

1,000 [1-1] - ed1475

Edited by Rickster8
Added in another score.
  • Thanks 1