IGNORED

Jack and the Beanstalk

atari2600land

I tried getting stuck in the walls in this version and couldn't. But that doesn't mean anything.

I figured what the problem was was the animation frames of Jack were too varied, and when one frame of Jack touched an end part of the wall sticking out, well, poor Jack somehow switched frames and got himself stuck. So I figure if this game were to be finished, I think it probably would have to look like this.

(The key is always in the same location - room 2 in the upper lefthand corner - in this build because my "random number generator" is "seeded" in another bank.)

Anyway, let me know if you get stuck in the walls.

jack41bank1.bin

On 9/8/2021 at 5:44 AM, atari2600land said:

I have completed this game for the most part unless someone finds a bug, which leads me to this: If you would like to test the game, let me know via PM and I'll send you the latest ROM to test.

I can test it on my PAL machine which hopefully gives a bit of variance in your test results, I can try it on an emulator as well - I'll send a PM now.