Sign in to follow this  
Bonkey Kong

What is your single favorite thing about the upcoming Amico console?

What is your top favorite thing about the upcoming Amico console?

please pick one specific thing that is your favorite to share with everyone here and only positive stuff in this thread please

My one favorite thing about the Amico so far is the disc directional pad on the controller.

I think the disc directional pad is looking awesome and I think that once people get a chance to try it out and get used to the way it works, most people will like it for most game types.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bonkey Kong said:

please pick one specific thing that is your favorite to share with everyone here and only positive stuff in this thread please

My one favorite thing about the Amico so far is the disc directional pad on the controller.

I think the disc directional pad is looking awesome and I think that once people get a chance to try it out and get used to the way it works, most people will like it for most game types.

Yeah!  I've heard that over and over from folks who have had a chance to play it.  They are extremely impressed with the way the disc handles and more importantly... how it interacts within the game designs that we are creating around it.

And although I'm clearly biased... I would say that my favorite thing is the FAMILY & FRIENDS aspect of Amico.  The fact that anyone can pick up and play and immediately have a good time together... no matter what your skill level.

• Thanks 1

Mine is the fact that the Amico is going back to simpler games so you can pick them up and play right away without having to read an entire novel on how the game works.  I also like how this translates into a more simple controller!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

Mine is the fact that the Amico is going back to simpler games so you can pick them up and play right away without having to read an entire novel on how the game works.  I also like how this translates into a more simple controller!

I echo this.  Simple games + the controller that harkens back to the days of the original Intellivision with the directional disc.  Loved that controller so much, can't wait to try the new one.

• Like 3

The ability to play updated versions of classic Intellivision games. I've said it in other threads, I'll gladly pay $500 for new and fun versions of BurgerTime and Bump 'N Jump.

• Like 2

The disc controller makes the Amico unique and negates the "just buy a Nintendo Switch" argument.  It's funny because the hybrid functionality of the Nintendo Switch also negates the "just buy a PS4/XBOX One" argument!

I'm also excited to have a console that is pick up and play when I have non gamers over. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

The screen on the controllers opens up a lot of possibilities gameplay-wise.

yes it does but mostly only for certain game types, card games, board games, trivia etc

The disc controller is intriguing but I won't know until I try it.

Having many multiplayer and cooperative game options. 

The console's concept of pick up and play, not requiring you to dedicate a huge chunk of time to gaming 

My kid is still at an age where games on the Switch are a struggle for him controller wise. Some games have complex controller setups and frustrate him over time. He really enjoys playing Mario kart with us on assist mode so he can play independently. 

The gold trim and woodgrain... gotta have my woodgrain!!

woodgrain.jpg

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Bonkey Kong said:

yes it does but mostly only for certain game types, card games, board games, trivia etc

Not necessarily. I was thinking of games like Pac-Man Vs or Four Swords, but for now I haven't seen that type of games on the Amico. Maybe Bomb Squad.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bonkey Kong said:

the reimagined Intellivision games 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

The screen on the controllers opens up a lot of possibilities gameplay-wise.

I think there are some possibilities there, but my favorite thing at this point would be Cloudy Mountain. I have liked some twin stick dungeon crawlers before and want to see some more.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Not necessarily. I was thinking of games like Pac-Man Vs or Four Swords, but for now I haven't seen that type of games on the Amico. Maybe Bomb Squad.

I think Bomb Squad is your best bet. I don't think the controllers are powerful enough for a Pac VS. Maybe that can be for Amico 2?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Right. Sports games (like American football, where you choose the play), puzzle games like Bomb Squad, in Shark! Shark! Tommy has stated that when boosters appear, the player that is in last place will be shown the location of the booster, in a fantasy/rpg, you can manage your inventory, etc. . .so it seems it could be used in the whole spectrum of games.

• Like 1

The simple “pick up and play” gameplay. The controller is looking really interesting. The fact that it’s an actual console with passive cooling and not just a PC in disguise.

• Like 3

The reimagining of simple games which still have great potential yet are completely ignored or replaced in the current market. I'm not talking about the mobile-style games which are quite widespread, but things like Cloudy Mountains are really unique nowadays. Hopefully there'll be more and more games like that. I'd love to see reimagining of Treasures of Tarmin, Thunder Castle, Utopia or even original ips. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, grips03 said:

The entertainment

That is what the last letter in S.A.F.E. stands for.

• Haha 1